KAETLYN OSMOND - WORLD CHAMPION

Thread starter #1

Emdee

Ratings
Kaetlyn, has been Canada’s sweetheart for a few years...now she is our world Champion.

Congratulations Kaetlyn, your gold medal was well deserved.

Weve3

Ratings
I had a feeling!! My gut was telling me all week long, Kaetlyn, FTW!! :rollin: SO HAPPY for her!! :biggrinbo I knew she could do it - and she did!!
Congratulations, congratulations to the lovely Kaetlyn Osmond - World Champion!!:encore: :encore: :encore: :encore:

MRani

Ratings
Congratulations to our new world champion! :cheer:

I’m so impressed with how she’s skated at Olympics and Worlds back to back! It looks like she’s finally exorcised those FS demons. 2 beautiful free skates in a row!

VarBar

Ratings
From finishing off the podium in the short to winning the free and prevailing overall. What an amazing achievement, Kaetlyn!

screech

Ratings
Considering it was always her weakest jump, it's pretty fantastic to see that other than her choreo sequence, of all elements she got her highest GOE on her triple loop (all +2 and +3).

Rafter

Ratings
Congratulations to our new world champion! :cheer:

I’m so impressed with how she’s skated at Olympics and Worlds back to back! It looks like she’s finally exorcised those FS demons. 2 beautiful free skates in a row!
I had my doubts in the fall and in January. But the LP at the Olys she proved me wrong and again today! Maybe she is turning into a LP skater?!

I've said it before but I really love her big powerful jumps and speed over the ice.

Kurt Browning said she was injured after the Olympics (some sort of foot or ankle injury). Kudos to her for pulling that skate off and winning. Quite an achievement.

shutterbug

Ratings
Waaaay back in 2012 I showed a casual skating fan co-worker a video of a 16-year-old Kaetlyn Osmond at Junior Worlds. I told her "Remember this girl's name. She's going to be something special someday." After the events of the last month and a bit, I think it's pretty safe to say Kaetlyn is indeed "something special". :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:HUGE congrats to our amazing girl! We could not be prouder. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

AngieNikodinovLove

Ratings
POWERFUL! ELEGANT! And she overcame her whammy of inconsistency in the second half of the free BIG TIME!

I hold my breath when she goes into the second half of the program and SHE NAILED THAT 3 LOOP. I knew from there on out homegirl was skating just for AngieNikodinovLove. lol

I ALWAYS loved her Black Swan program since August when some people complained and here we are Black Swan / World Champion KAETLYN OSMOND!!!!!

Mayra

Ratings
What a dream season for Kaetlyn!

This quad could have gone so many different ways for her after breaking her fibula. Instead, she took the time off to heal and every year she got stronger and stronger. Big kudos to her and her team for their patience, strength and perseverance. :respec:

Sasha'sSpins

♥2018 US Olympic Dream Team! Legends!♥
Ratings
Congratulations Kaetlyn!! Canada's first Ladies World Champion since Karen Magnusson in 1973!! :respec: It's been a great decade for Canada! World Champs in all four disciplines! Amazing!

Glad she didn't hurt herself when she tripped at the medal ceremony. Kind of a crazy ending to a crazy Final! :inavoid:

quartz

standing by the window, eyes upon the moon
Ratings
I love every single thing about this classy, humble, sweet, personable, engaging, charming young woman. Add to that, she is also a determined, tenacious, total kickass skater chick, who in the last month has earned an Olympic bronze, Olympic team gold, and now a World Championship title, PLUS, she is just as cute and adorable as can be - I mean seriously! She totally wins at life.

Ratings
It has been seen before but not fully appreciated, exactly how difficult it is to come back from very challenging periods in an athletic career. For Kaetlyn, the broken leg during the 2015 season, is an almost incomprehensible challenge that she overcame. For me though, seeing how she was so resilient after losing her Canadian title only one month before the Games, and then to come back so strong as a competitor, at both Olympics and Worlds. Truly impressive.
Jeffrey Buttle had the same experience the year of his World title IIRC.

Sally1214

Ratings
Huge congrats to Kaetlyn. I am so very happy for her. She has paid her dues. She's had serious injuries, disappointments and setbacks but has persevered through it all. She never gave up. And, now, she is the World Champion. She was always so talented and had so much promise but it was not an easy road to victory. I couldn't have been more proud of her as I watched her skate today. She did it. She was the best. And, she's on top of the world. Way to go, Kaetlyn ... you deserve this.

quartz

standing by the window, eyes upon the moon
Ratings
I just realized that my very first skating memory is watching Karen Magnussen win her World gold medal in 1973, and I was 10 years old then. Forty-five years since a Canadian lady has been a World Champion. :wideeyes:
Since then, my favorite ladies have been, Dorothy Hamill, Katarina Witt, Michelle Kwan, Lu Chen, Joannie Rochette, Akiko Suzuki, and Kaetlyn Osmond. (Honorable mention to Alena Leonova!)
But Kaetlyn is my absolute favoritest favorite. :swoon:

Last edited:

Debrah

Ratings
Congratulations to our new world champion - so well deserved! I am just thrilled and delighted for her and for all of Canada! A big shout out to MR RAVI WALIA for helping her realize her true full potential beginning to consciously flower now, and for helping and guiding her through the dark times...Rock on team Osmond!

BittyBug

And the band played on
Ratings
A big shout out to MR RAVI WALIA for helping her realize her true full potential beginning to consciously flower now, and for helping and guiding her through the dark times...Rock on team Osmond!
Truly. Based on this article, it sounds like Osmond very nearly quit skating but Walia persuaded her stay in.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/olympics/kaetlyn-osmond-olympics-journey/

The coach could sense Osmond was headed in that direction. And so, a couple weeks after the injury, he started to call her regularly, just to chat. They’d talk about anything other than skating, then he’d sneak in queries about how she was feeling and tell her she was going to be just fine. “I did have to be strategic about it,” he says. “I could not let this talent go to waste. She could do something special for herself, for Canada, for her future. She was so close to the top. I told myself I had to find a way to get her back on the ice.” And not just get her back, but convince her to stay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)