Junior Pairs SP & FS

Thread starter #1

Sylvia

Club comp. season is underway & I'm not ready yet
Ratings
Live stream (Ted Barton, Debbi Wilkes): https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6cn1dt
Live stream in French (Myriane Samson): https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6cn1e4

Live (unofficial) scores: http://vsatech.ca/liveresults/csslive_results.cfm?strCategoryid=123

SP starting order:

1 Gabrielle Levesque / Pier-Alexandre Hudon QC
2 Katherina Frantz / Nicolas Frantz QC
3 Patricia Andrew / Paxton Knott ON

4 Lori-Ann Matte / Thierry Ferland QC
5 Mariah McCaw / Steven Adcock ON
6 Isabella Mancini / Christian Reekie ON

7 Alison Schumacher / Zachary Daleman ON
8 Chloe Choinard / Mathieu Ostiguy QC
9 Chloe Panetta / Steven Lapointe QC

WD Gabriella Marvaldi / Daniel Villeneuve QC
WD Olivia Boys-Eddy / Mackenzie Boys-Eddy ON

cygnus

Ratings
The pairs are fine-more or less (liked Matte and Ferland). It's just that the day has been so long it's hard to get into this event.

Catherine M

Ratings
Can someone bring me up to date on the withdrawn pairs? I think I missed the memo.
Sylvia tweeted out that Daniel Villeneuve sustained a concussion so that is why they withdrew. Not sure why the Boys-Eddys did.

Best of luck to Daniel in getting better; concussions are a difficult injury to deal with.

Daniskates93

Ratings
Sylvia tweeted out that Daniel Villeneuve sustained a concussion so that is why they withdrew. Not sure why the Boys-Eddys did.

Best of luck to Daniel in getting better; concussions are a difficult injury to deal with.
Olivia poted on Instagram that she dislocated her shoulder last week.

Thread starter #8

Sylvia

Ratings

Yes, I hope Villeneuve's recovery goes well (I had permission to share the reason for M/V's withdrawal).
Olivia poted on Instagram that she dislocated her shoulder last week.
Thanks for the heads up - link to Olivia Boys-Eddy's message that she posted 4 days ago: https://www.instagram.com/p/BdnVpl5BTw1/?taken-by=olivia_boyseddy

ETA SP results from late last night:

1 Lori-Ann Matte / Thierry Ferland QC 53.48
2 Chloe Panetta / Steven Lapointe QC 47.99
3 Mariah McCaw / Steven Adcock ON 47.97
4 Gabrielle Levesque / Pier-Alexandre Hudon QC 47.76
5 Patricia Andrew / Paxton Knott ON 46.61
6 Chloe Choinard / Mathieu Ostiguy QC 45.25
7 Alison Schumacher / Zachary Daleman ON 41.44
8 Isabella Mancini / Christian Reekie ON 37.93
9 Katherina Frantz / Nicolas Frantz QC 34.51

SP protocols: http://skatecanada.ca/results/2018CDNS/2018CDNSJuniorPairSPDRO.pdf

I will post links to the archived videos of last night's SP when they are up.

FS is scheduled to start today (Wed.) at 4:27 pm Pacific/7:27 pm Eastern time.

Last edited:

Catherine M

Ratings
So glad the freeskates are at a much more decent time than the SPs were last night.

With just nine teams, I can even make it to the end of the comp!

Catherine M

Ratings
Ambitious of Mancini & Reekie to do two sbs triples. Wasn't paying that close of attention to see if any of the jumps were under rotated.

Catherine M

Ratings
That was sad to see Schumacher and Daleman go splat on the ending death spiral.

I hope if they stay together that they get him into some sort of off ice ballet and well tell him to stop skating with his mouth open

Thread starter #13

Sylvia

Ratings
I like how Ted & Debbi are talking about the importance of "spatial awareness" between partners as being a significant key in pairs.

cygnus

Ratings
Catherine M said:
Ambitious of Mancini & Reekie to do two sbs triples. Wasn't paying that close of attention to see if any of the jumps were under rotated.
It wasn't all that long ago that none of the juniors were even attempting triples-even the winning teams.

Thread starter #15

Sylvia

Ratings
That was my text thanking Debbi W. that Ted just read out before the start of the final group. :D

ETA: Gabriella Marvaldi texted in again to wish the Junior pairs well and included her last name this time. :)

Catherine M

Ratings
aw, missed your text Sylvia as I took a break during the ice make to do some dishes. And that's sweet of Gabriella to check in with her fellow skaters

Bloom13

Ratings
Not sure what happened in this event.It sure didnt go the way I thought it would.
Was the Silver Medalist 12yrs old and Silver medalists last year. Ted and Debi enjoyed their skates.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)