Joe Biden-Kamala Harris Inauguration Thread

Meoima

The inauguration of President Joe Biden won more viewers than President Donald Trump’s 2017 ceremony, per early Nielsen figures.

Approximately 39.87 million people watched the half-hour swearing-in ceremony over the nation’s six major TV-news outlets, according to Nielsen, compared with 38.35 million viewers for the 2017 event. The 2021 figure represents an approximately 4% increase over its 2017 predecessor.

CNN’s coverage captured an average of 9.9 million for the pivotal half hour, leading the pack.

ABC News’ coverage attracted the second-largest audience, an average of 7.66 million, followed by NBC News, with 6.89 million; MSNBC, with nearly 6.53 million; CBS News, with nearly 6.07 million; and Fox News Channel, with 2.74 million

From https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/tv-ratings-joe-biden-inauguration-trump-1234889655/

My personal take is that many MAGA fans also watched through livestream just to confirm their QAnon theories and many went mad because of that.

Spikefan

Somebody put Bernie on top of the Miamisburg Mound!

And "Bernie is waiting for the Miamisburg Dairy Queen to reopen"

Hysterical! There are memes of him everywhere, so this is not anti-Bernie/anti-Democrat/pro-trump people. It's neat to see him in Miamisburg. :biggrinbo
I would be in trouble if that house next to the DQ was mine. I could eat a 🍦 every day.

Susan1

I would be in trouble if that house next to the DQ was mine. I could eat a 🍦 every day.
They aren't open in the winter, so you'd have a couple months off. Growing up it was right across the street from the city pool. It was always packed at night The pool moved. It's still there. It's only a walk in - two windows. No drive thru or inside seating. They've had one outside order window for about 10 years, otherwise I don't think anything has changed. And the only "food" they have is hot dogs. I think I've been there at least once a summer every year of my life that I can remember. It's a tradition. :)

Judy

They aren't open in the winter, so you'd have a couple months off. Growing up it was right across the street from the city pool. It was always packed at night The pool moved. It's still there. It's only a walk in - two windows. No drive thru or inside seating. They've had one outside order window for about 10 years, otherwise I don't think anything has changed. And the only "food" they have is hot dogs. I think I've been there at least once a summer every year of my life that I can remember. It's a tradition. :)
I just checked out here in my neighbourhood and they are open. They sell hamburgers etc etc now. You’re right though they used to close in the winter unless they were in a mall.

skatingguy

Golden Team
The inauguration of President Joe Biden won more viewers than President Donald Trump’s 2017 ceremony, per early Nielsen figures.

Approximately 39.87 million people watched the half-hour swearing-in ceremony over the nation’s six major TV-news outlets, according to Nielsen, compared with 38.35 million viewers for the 2017 event. The 2021 figure represents an approximately 4% increase over its 2017 predecessor.

CNN’s coverage captured an average of 9.9 million for the pivotal half hour, leading the pack.

ABC News’ coverage attracted the second-largest audience, an average of 7.66 million, followed by NBC News, with 6.89 million; MSNBC, with nearly 6.53 million; CBS News, with nearly 6.07 million; and Fox News Channel, with 2.74 million

From https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/tv-ratings-joe-biden-inauguration-trump-1234889655/

My personal take is that many MAGA fans also watched through livestream just to confirm their QAnon theories and many went mad because of that.
I wonder how many people watched in some way other than regular TV channels. This was probably true 4 years ago as well, but it seems that streaming/online viewing is even larger now. Every recommendation in my YouTube feed yesterday morning was a different channel streaming the ceremonies.

BittyBug

The missing ingredient
True. I haven't turned on my TV in a few years - I watch everything on my laptop.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
I watched the inauguration on ABC because it's the only major TV channel I get. Since I planned to spend all day in front of the TV, I figured I'd be way more comfortable lounging on the couch with my favorite and specially saved wine than scrunched over my computer screen. And with a purring cat on my lap - blissful day! :biggrinbo

Susan1

I just checked out here in my neighbourhood and they are open. They sell hamburgers etc etc now. You’re right though they used to close in the winter unless they were in a mall.
It's always been the Miamisburg DQ that everybody waited for the Open sign in April. Now they open in late February. That just wouldn't feel right to me. You have to be able to sit in the car or the benches or on the curb, trying not to drip. ha ha They used to close on November 1. When I had my broken leg, we went on October 27 (Indian Summer - I just know this because it was the night before my birthday and the first time I could sit in the front seat of a car - with a pillow under my foot). I've been to DQs that had actual booths and tables, like a small McDonald's. I remember really good tarter sauce on the fish sandwich. They had pork tenderloin and burgers too. There is one in Moraine that is a drive-thru only (and one walk up window) that is open year round with a few tables outside. They at least had barbecue beef too.

Susan1

Anyone else tried the app where you can put Bernie anywhere?

Put Bernie Anywhere! (bernie-sits.herokuapp.com)

Here is Bernie outside my house - and it is not for sale.

Facebook
See post #483 from my city's page. And I was sitting here thinking how lighthearted this is. It's teasing, not making fun of or being mean. (I know there are some insulting comments after some of them, but they just get ignored.) Bernie probably thinks it's funny. Such a change has come.

:respec:

Cachoo

I finally was able to watch the inauguration celebration last night. I rather like this way of doing it but if I worked on the campaign I'd also want to go to one of the balls and party. Does cold weather improved fireworks? That was impressive.

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher

Judy

It's always been the Miamisburg DQ that everybody waited for the Open sign in April. Now they open in late February. That just wouldn't feel right to me. You have to be able to sit in the car or the benches or on the curb, trying not to drip. ha ha They used to close on November 1. When I had my broken leg, we went on October 27 (Indian Summer - I just know this because it was the night before my birthday and the first time I could sit in the front seat of a car - with a pillow under my foot). I've been to DQs that had actual booths and tables, like a small McDonald's. I remember really good tarter sauce on the fish sandwich. They had pork tenderloin and burgers too. There is one in Moraine that is a drive-thru only (and one walk up window) that is open year round with a few tables outside. They at least had barbecue beef too.
Great memories! In Canada we don’t get that variety of food but yum! Lol omg I def remember trying to eat the cone in hot weather and the dripping 😂.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
I finally was able to watch the inauguration celebration last night. I rather like this way of doing it but if I worked on the campaign I'd also want to go to one of the balls and party. Does cold weather improved fireworks? That was impressive.
I think it may be the clear sky you get on very cold nights that enhances the look of fireworks?

Nothing is more disappointing than fireworks on a foggy day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information