Joe Biden-Kamala Harris Inauguration Thread

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I've watched a lot of inaugurations. I cheered like crazy when Clinton was sworn in. I had to force myself to watch when Bush was sworn in, but I did as an indirect support for Al Gore. I didn't watch 4 years ago. But, I'll cry tomorrow. I will not discuss the former POTUS any more. Our new POTUS and VPOTUS warrant my attention now.

But she did sing Hallelujah beautifully, so there is that.

easilydistracte

Geezette
The simplicity of this commemoration was striking. I appreciated that it was not used as a political platform, but rather held to simply express the grief shared among all in this country who have lost loved ones in the past several months. The Biden/Harris Administration conducted a memorial service that, to a certain extent, took the place of all the funerals that could not be held since the beginning of the *********. Thank you to Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.

Susan1

The simplicity of this commemoration was striking. I appreciated that it was not used as a political platform, but rather held to simply express the grief shared among all in this country who have lost loved ones in the past several months. The Biden/Harris Administration conducted a memorial service that, to a certain extent, took the place of all the funerals that could not be held since the beginning of the *********. Thank you to Joe Biden and Kamala Harris.
I was glad that it wasn't full of people applauding or cheering or a bunch of cameras going off. Sad about the reason, but still.

What a bizarre choice for a memorial.

Yeah, I have liked or understood the point of the words of the song. Not liking music? Huh? I know there's supposed to be more to it than that. Rhyming "Do ya" with Halleluiah? It's a pretty song though.

And I'll just be irritating and say I've never liked Amazing Grace. My mom said not to have that at her funeral. And I didn't. It's on my list of "don'ts, too.

skipaway

Susan1

The 8:30 pm televised celebration is on all networks except FOX. They’re showing The Masked Dancer and Name that Tune. :rolleyes:
But, our local fox channel is the only one that showed the memorial. The rest were the regular news or Judge Judy or whatever. Strange. I wonder if trump was watching.

allezfred

Lipinski Stole My Catchphrase
Staff member
Irish violinist Patricia Treacy will play at the inauguration mass this morning. She is from County Louth where some of President Biden's Irish ancestors hail from.

Treacy will perform The Proclamation, composed by Patrick Cassidy, and Ag Críost an Síol.

“I will also join soprano Renée Fleming for On Eagle’s Wings, Schubert’s Ave Maria and the Celtic Alleluia,” she said. “I have been told this will be the only live music event on the day.”
"The Proclamation" is a piece that was composed specially for Irish national broadcaster RTE's documentary on the 1916 Easter Rising which was broadcast in 2016.

"Ag Críost an Síol" is a common offertory hymn at masses in Ireland. Translated from Irish into English it means "Christ's is the seed"

skatesindreams

Speaks for me.

Spikefan

On a shallow note, loved Jill’s look yesterday. Today it looks like she is in green, my favorite.

Vagabond

Joe and Kamala's Infinite Playlist

Last week, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris released a playlist of 46 songs for supporters to listen to in honor of the inauguration. It's not clear exactly how much input they had into the list, but they certainly had some input. Further, they definitely approved the final product. Anyhow we thought it might be interesting to take a look at the 46 songs on the playlist, in the order they are included, and note any messaging we detect

MsZem

And to all the people who planned it and worked behind the scenes to make it happen.

once_upon

I know that C-19 has changed the celebrations for today, but I cannot tell you how very excited I am that we have a President who has a day planned not only to be sworn in but time set aside to do actual work, not planning his next golf trip.

I'm thrilled that we have an administration which takes the responsibilities seriously

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information