JGP #6 in Gdansk, Poland, Oct. 4-7, 2017

Thread starter #1

clairecloutier

Ratings

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
Ratings
Busy schedule for Rizzo after Lombardia, Nebelhorn, and now 2 JGPs in a row. With some momentum going he could aim at a medal and certainly world standing points, although he's probably tired and coming down from the high of getting an Oly spot.

Catherine M

Ratings
Guess I'll be having breakfast with Ted and a bunch of the ladies, since they are going first.

Good luck to all the skaters. Its hard to believe that the JGP season is almost over with!

Sylvia

Club comp. season is underway & I'm not ready yet
Ratings
Ladies SP starting order/results page: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/jgppol2017/SEG003.HTM

Time schedule by skater (Gdansk is 6 hours ahead of Eastern time): http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/jgppol2017/jgppol2017_JuniorLadies_SP_TimeSchedule.pdf

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Nevena MIHAJLOVIC SRB
2 Sophia KAMMANN LUX
3 Chloe ING SGP
4 Hongyi CHEN CHN
5 Daria PANENKOVA RUS (185.80; gold in Riga)
Warm-Up Group 2
6 Magdalena ZAWADZKA POL
7 Oliwia RZEPIEL POL
8 Kristina SHKULETA-GROMOVA EST
9 Aurora COTOP CAN (140.14; 7th in Brisbane)
10 Anastassiya KHVAN KAZ

Warm-Up Group 3
11 Paulina HRYNIEWICZ POL
12 Akari MATSUBARA JPN (JGP & international debut)
13 Alena KOSTORNAIA RUS (JGP debut; Team Tutberidze w/ Panenkova)
14 Natalie KRATENOVA CZE
15 Vera STOLT FIN
Warm-Up Group 4
16 Heloise PITOT FRA
17 Eunsoo LIM KOR (186.34; silver in Salzburg)
18 Emmy MA USA (172.62; bronze in Riga)
19 Lisa LAGER SWE
20 Daria JAKAB HUN

Warm-Up Group 5
21 Aina Sorfina MOHD AMINUDIN MAS
22 Joanna SO HKG
23 Ann-Christin MAROLD GER
24 Maya GORODNITSKY ISR
25 Nina LETENAYOVA SVK
Warm-Up Group 6
26 Noemie BODENSTEIN SUI
27 Aliaksandra CHEPELEVA BLR
28 Mariya FILIPPOVA UZB
29 Anastasiia ARKHIPOVA UKR (158.61; 7th in Riga)
30 Paulina RAMANAUSKAITE LTU
31 Ellen YU NOR

Warm-Up Group 7
32 Kim CHEREMSKY AZE
33 Eva IAKOVLEVA KGZ
34 Jelizaveta MINCENKO LAT
35 Anna IVANCENCO MDA
36 Rino KASAKAKE JPN (JGP debut; won 2017 Coupe du Printemps Jr. w/ 167.56 total)
37 Ishita KAPOOR IND

Live stream (10 am local / 4 am Eastern start time): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYp0jbriZeo

Last edited:

oleada

Ratings
Panenkova's rippon jumps are gorgeous. But there's no lightness of being. :drama:
Agreed. Great jumps but that's kind of it at this point.

Two things about her music annoy me: the abrupt ending and how they wrote it was the Anne Hathaway version but it's the Glee cover.

Rough skate for Matsubara with a turn out in the combo and the fall on the solo jump. :( she reminds me of Rika Hongo. Good speed, poor posture/carriage.

Hanna

Politicking for more stationary lifts
Ratings
Matsubara is nice but needs a lot more oomph into her skating. I feel like she does everything just a bit too lazily/half-heartedly.

edit: Also, like oleada said, posture could be improved

oleada

Ratings
Lurve Kostornaya. So glad she got an event. Something about her reminds me of Sotnikova :swoon: I'd have her 1st. Love the lutz entry. Nicer basics than Panenkova by a lot.

ETA: 69!!! Huge score! Wheeee

dinakt

Ratings
I do not enjoy programs that have all the jumps in the second half. One needs to be "invited" into a program to engage emotionally, and when it starts without "oompf", I just glaze over. Kostornaia was perfectly good and strong, but she does not have the chops yet to make the first part of the program engaging.

Hanna

Politicking for more stationary lifts
Ratings
Kostornaia's skating is effortless. Everything just looks easy. Some intetesting spin positions too. Presentation will have to cook a bit more but the potential is huge.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Ratings
Alena K, yet another amazing technician, it’s like Tutberidze has a factory of these kids, seriously can’t some of the other coaches infiltrate her camp and figure out the magic potion? :cold:

oleada

Ratings
I have to say that I think Trusova and Kostornaya (and Scherbakova, but she's not in the JGP this season) all have really nice basic skating, more so than some of Eteri's previous charges at their age. I know that Kostornaya is new to that team but still, I think that someone there is improving on that end.

Ka3sha

Ratings
I luuurve Kostornaya, she's already better than Panenkova and few other Eteri's girls :)
Amazing technique and good basics!

But it looks like Gulyakova won't have the second JGP event , feel sorry for her :fragile:

oleada

Ratings
Lim has a lot of personality but nowhere near the quality of skating that Kostornaya has. Huge jumps but no transitions into them, especially the lutz. Really shaky first spin - Ted says its level 2 with -GOE.

dinakt

Ratings
Lim has a lot of personality but nowhere near the quality of skating that Kostornaya has. Huge jumps but no transitions into them, especially the lutz. Really shaky first spin.
Huh. Maybe I need to rewatch Kostornaya:)
Lim is definitely "happening". The sexy is a bit studied at this point, but she knows how to strike the pose. I like her quite a bit.

oleada

Ratings
Huh. Maybe I need to rewatch Kostornaya:)
Lim is definitely "happening". The sexy is a bit studied at this point, but she certainly knows how to strike the pose. I like her quite a bit.
You should! She has to work on engaging the audience but her basics are excellent. Plus innovative spins and gorgeous Ina Bauer to 2A and an insane transition to her solo 3Lz. Compre that entrance to Lim's which is just skating around the rink with no steps.

Emmy is so fun to watch, so musical but she popped the back end of her combo to a single and I think her 2A was UR. :( that final spin :)

jlai

Title-less
Ratings
Truth be told I never thought she could repeat her feat at her second jgp. Skaters who perform to the best of their abilities in one event tend to have a less stellar event the next comp

Last edited:

her grace

what a wonderful worlds
Ratings
Polina Kostiukovich has lovely positions in the lifts. He is a lot older than her; don't know if they will (or should) stay together long term.

PRlady

praying for a Youtube stream
Ratings
I guess I'm the only one watching....they are talented but she looks SO young that there is a big ICK factor here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)