Jeffrey Epstein's death by apparent suicide, conspiracy theories/investigations, and legal aftermath

aftershocks

He will never accept blame and find some way to blame Clinton.
There are plenty other men in high places besides Trump and Clinton who have been implicated, and not just in the U.S. :COP:

Clinton's transgressions of a sexual nature are old news, and aside from the age-gap with Lewinski and his affairs with Arkansas beauty pageant queens, brassy blond nightclub singers, and trailer park trash, there haven't been any rumors of Clinton going after underage girls. But yeah, the Clintons are always a convenient scapegoat. Or else, blame it all on another Bill, Cosby that is. :drama:

In any case, the Clintons were very friendly with Trump in the 1980s. Trump gave money to Clinton's political campaigns when he was Governor of Arkansas. Imagine that! It's entirely possible that Clinton was introduced to Epstein at a Trump party or fundraiser, etc., which doesn't necessarily mean Clinton became involved with the Epstein orgies. Still, there are reports of Epstein having previously been protected and given leniency and plea bargaining deals as a result of the leverage he had over a number of powerful men. Books could and surely have been written about the sexual misdeeds and bad behavior of men in power down through the ages.

Susan1

He will never accept blame and find some way to blame Clinton.
(other subject, but, yeah, trump will probably blame the nuclear accident in Russia on the Clintons or President Obama)

This could go in any thread, but when they were talking about trump's lies and conspiracy theories and why he keeps doing it, I was thinking that none of this stuff changes people's opinions or who they vote for. Nobody who wasn't already spreading trump's lies is going to start believing him. Back in the campaign - "did you hear about the sex ring Hillary has in the basement of the pizza shop". Nobody said "No, that's terrible, I won't vote for her now." (I seriously can still never figure out how to punctuate things with quotation marks. Me!) They report trump's lies as lies, not news (except for fox). He doesn't need to keep doing it. There's something way wrong with him. Funny, in an old Spencer book I was reading yesterday, Hawk said (about a criminal) "if he was any dumber, somebody would have to water him". I've never heard that one before!

Last edited:

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
I really hope Hillary has increased security. I mean, since the election, really, but right now she probably has more attention her way...

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I found this NY Times article from Ross Douthat has a ring of truth, and that I find chilling:

Jeffrey Epstein and When to Take Conspiracies Seriously

(note he's not endorsing conspiracy theories about Epstein's death)

Finally, a fourth example, circling back to Epstein: the conspiracy theories about networks of powerful pedophiles, which have proliferated with the internet and peaked, for now, with the QAnon fantasy among Trump supporters.
I say fantasy because the details of the QAnon narrative are plainly false: Donald Trump is not personally supervising an operation against “deep state” child sex traffickers any more than my 3-year-old is captaining a pirate ship.
But the premise of the QAnon fantasia, that certain elite networks of influence, complicity and blackmail have enabled sexual predators to exploit victims on an extraordinary scale — well, that isn’t a conspiracy theory, is it? That seems to just be true.

MacMadame

Cat Lady-in-Training
How long do you suppose it will be until some conspiracy theorist suggests that Trump is the Clintons' pawn?

:watch:
We should spread that. It might be the only thing keeping us from four more years of Trump.

Ken White, on why Epstein's death could certainly reflect incompetence, indifference or cruelty rather than some sort of conspiracy:

Given a choice, I always chose incompetence over conspiracy.

I also think that the people running that prison absolutely did not care what happened to Epstein, a known pedophile. If anything, they may have been lax with his supervision on purpose.

liv

I am sure that Epstein's suicide was a surprise to him as well as everyone else.

Guy like this, with the goods on rich and powerful people all over the world.... in a secure jail, with the guards missing, the cameras not working... not buying the suicide angle, no way, no how. The rich and powerful have always found a way to eliminate threats and this was definitely a threat.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
What's up with the timing of the raid on Epstein's private island?

I was surprised that FBI has jurisdiction to do anything off of US soil.

MacMadame

Cat Lady-in-Training
It seems like Epstein liked to hob-knob with famous people. But just because he has pictures of himself standing next to them, doesn't mean they were best buddies or even friends. They could just be acquaintances.

These articles are starting to annoy me because they are basically clickbait that say nothing. And they feed into the conspiracy theories.

BittyBug

And the band played on
And they're at the expense of far more important stories, like the Trump administration's attack on the Endangered Species Act. That rolled off the front page after a day, while the Epstein stories remains. :rolleyes:

aliceanne

In this case (Epstein ‘s suicide)conspiracy theories are more obvious explanations then all the coincidental failures of the system.

MacMadame

Cat Lady-in-Training
I don't agree with that. Pedophiles don't do well in prison. I wasn't surprised at all to hear he killed himself. And the conspiracy theories I've read are totally whack.

Vagabond

In this case (Epstein ‘s suicide)conspiracy theories are more obvious explanations then all the coincidental failures of the system.
Do you even know what the "coincidental failures" are?

Here is part of a discussion on "All Things Considered" today:

IVORY: .... when we did the investigation about a year ago, we found that people were working incredible amounts of overtime - life-changing amounts, where they couldn't hold relationships together because they were working so much overtime. What happens when you're working in one of these federal prisons where staffing is short is that you might work an eight-hour shift as a correctional officer. And at the end of your shift, before you can leave, you're told, you need to work an eight-hour shift. And if you refuse, then you can be written up for it or be fired, so most people do not refuse. They do it. And then you go home, and you can only sleep for maybe, like, five hours. And then you have to go back to work. It's just not...

KELLY: But it does give some context to why guards - without justifying anything, explaining why guards might fall asleep.

IVORY: Exactly. You can understand how it's plausible for guards to fall asleep for several hours on the job without it being a conspiracy theory.
And it's not just the guards that have dozed off. It's the Trump Administration too. :sleep:

VALuvsMKwan

Wandering Goy

BittyBug

And the band played on
Pedophiles don't do well in prison.
Is there any evidence Epstein was a pedophile, which is defined as someone with sexual proclivities towards prepubescent youths? Based on the accounts of his accusers, its seems like his victims, while mostly underage, were post puberty.

Peaches LaTour

I've been using this Twitter quote against them:

from Eric Schmeitzer "So the "idea" from right wing freaks is that Donald Trump's DOJ, under Bill Barr's command, which oversaw Epstein's detainment and suicide watch, allowed the Clintons the ability to go murder Epstein.

Nice work, idiots. You just implicated Trump in your own batshit conspiracy."
Isn't there some way that the Clintons could bring a civil lawsuit against Trump for Trump's criminal insinuations against them in this matter?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)