Jeffrey Epstein's death by apparent suicide, conspiracy theories/investigations, and legal aftermath

AxelAnnie

I suspect the story is just beginning. A lot of people are undoubtedly having a BAD weekend.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
I've been using this Twitter quote against them:

from Eric Schmeitzer "So the "idea" from right wing freaks is that Donald Trump's DOJ, under Bill Barr's command, which oversaw Epstein's detainment and suicide watch, allowed the Clintons the ability to go murder Epstein.

Nice work, idiots. You just implicated Trump in your own batshit conspiracy."

aliceanne

The conspiracy theories I’ve seen say that the politicians (Clinton, Trump, Richardson) are small players who are expendable. Epstein had more money and protection than they could provide. It must have been an intelligence organization that utilized him and he had to be eliminated before the connection was made.

CaliSteve

The conspiracy theories I’ve seen say that the politicians (Clinton, Trump, Richardson) are small players who are expendable. Epstein had more money and protection than they could provide. It must have been an intelligence organization that utilized him and he had to be eliminated before the connection was made.
Another mystery is where Epstein got his money. He wasnt a billionaire like some have claimed but did seem like he had money. Some say he ran a ponzi scheme and other say he blackmailed people.

Vagabond

How did this thread go from a well-intentioned opening post by @Sylvia to a hot bed of konspiracy theories straight out of 8chan so quickly? :confused:

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
:rolleyes: If you have a Season's Pass or a Premium Membership, you find more than enough in the Yuna Kim threads in the Archives. :p
Heck, I'm sure if I dug deep enough I could find a really nifty Francis Bacon wrote all of Shakespeare's plays conspiracy theory thread somewhere.

In the Politically Incorrect section, I favor conspiracy theories that have the potential for being politically, morally, ethically and historically incorrect. All of which, rightly or wrongly, Epstein's death and its various entanglements, promises.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Another mystery is where Epstein got his money. He wasnt a billionaire like some have claimed but did seem like he had money. Some say he ran a ponzi scheme and other say he blackmailed people.
Les Wexner claims Epstein stole or "misappropriated" $46 million dollars from him when he worked as his personal financial advisor. Wexner authorized him as a power-of-attorney with what looks like few restrictions. The sky's the limit if he had other clients like this. This article makes it sound like he had some kind of Svengali influence over Wexner, although it's hard to believe that's all there was to it. I am not convinced by the explanation Wexner wrote in the letter to the Wexner Foundation. ( https://www.dispatch.com/assets/pdf/OH3215788.PDF )

*** How Jeffrey Epstein’s relationship with Les Wexner gave him access to wealth, power :

Last edited:

aliceanne

The articles I have read said that he was taken off suicide watch 7/29. So it is possible that is what happened. It’s just that this is such a high profile case and given the implications to so many powerful people...the best spin you can put in it is that those in charge were incredibly incompetent to let it happen.

Susan1

The "Clintons Did It" conspiracy theorists are all over my Facebook page.
Well, if trump wasn't his friend anymore because they had a disagreement 20 years ago or whatever, why would he even care, hm? Obvious attempts at deflection are one of trump's specialties.

aftershocks

Daena

Riiight. In a federal prison which is under the aegis of Trump’s DoJ, therefore implicating Barr and Trump.
Barr's reaction was very odd, btw. "It's totally suicide, I am shocked, shocked I tell you" "I was appalled to learn that Jeffrey Epstein was found dead early this morning from an apparent suicide while in federal custody. Mr. Epstein's death raises serious questions that must be answered". Wouldn't any law enforcement person say something like "I cannot comment till the end of investigation" or something?

skatingguy

Golden Team
Federal New York lockup draws new scrutiny in Epstein death
By LARRY NEUMEISTER, JIM MUSTIAN and MICHAEL R. SISAK

Epstein’s death brings fresh attention to the staffing at Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Center, where shortages worsened by a partial government shutdown prompted inmates to stage a hunger strike in January after they were denied family and lawyer visits.

Eight months later, the lockup remains so short-staffed that the BOP is offering correctional officers a $10,000 bonus to transfer there from other federal lockups. That’s on top of a so-called “recruitment incentive” that amounts to 10% of new guards’ first-year salaries.

Staffing shortfalls are resulting in extreme overtime shifts, in which guards may work up to 16 hours a day. A person familiar with the jail’s operations told The Associated Press that a guard in Epstein’s unit was working a fifth straight day of overtime and another guard was working mandatory overtime the day he was found.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because he lacked authorization to publicly discuss jail operations.

Those conditions could make it more difficult for correctional officers to enforce the BOP’s strict measures for screening security risks. Those protocols acknowledge that inmates held in so-called special housing units, as Epstein was, “may be at a higher risk for suicidal behavior.”

Those safeguards — including cell checks every 30 minutes — were not followed the night before Epstein’s death, The New York Times reported Sunday, citing a law enforcement official familiar with the investigation.

Sylvia

Anticipating the JGP!
Attorney General William Barr says there were ‘serious irregularities’ at the jail where Jeffrey Epstein died (AP article): https://www.marketwatch.com/story/attorney-general-william-barr-says-there-were-serious-irregularities-at-the-jail-where-jeffrey-epstein-died-2019-08-12
Attorney General William Barr says the Justice Department has already found “serious irregularities” at the federal jail where Jeffrey Epstein took his own life over the weekend.
Barr said Monday he was angry to learn that staffers at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York had “failed to adequately secure this prisoner.”
Barr also issued a stern warning, saying the case was far from over. He said anyone who may have conspired with Epstein “should not rest easy.”
ETA another AP article: Epstein death shifts federal focus to possible conspirators
Authorities are most likely turning their attention to the team of recruiters and employees who, according to police reports, knew about Epstein’s penchant for underage girls and lined up victims for him. The Associated Press reviewed hundreds of pages of police reports, FBI records and court documents that show Epstein relied on an entire staff of associates to arrange massages that led to sex acts.
If any Epstein assistants hoped to avoid charges by testifying against him, that expectation has been upended by his suicide.
“Those who had leverage as potential cooperators in the case now find themselves as the primary targets,” said Jacob S. Frenkel, a former federal prosecutor. “They no longer have anyone against whom to cooperate.”
One possible roadblock to further charges is the controversial plea agreement Epstein struck more than a decade ago in Florida. The non-prosecution agreement not only allowed Epstein to plead guilty in 2008 to lesser state charges and serve just 13 months behind bars, it also shielded from prosecution several Epstein associates who allegedly were paid to recruit girls for him.

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Seems to be that conspiracy is Epstein's middle name. His "suicide" certainly comes with its own nest of intrigue........guards not following policy, monitoring cameras not on.

I just read through his Wikipedia entry...............holy spumoni ....I don't know how he kept any of that straight.

aftershocks

Far from Prince Andrew looking relaxed as he sat next to his mother on the drive to church, he looks troubled, as he forces a smile. So the allegations implicating Prince Andrew that began four eight years ago have never really gone away...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csFXLzLczVQ (a video rundown from January 2015)

Royal journalists weighed in also four years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lKqkgqn4h0 From this video, the allegations arose against Prince Andrew in connection with Epstein in 2011; died down, and then resurfaced in 2015, and now again in 2019

Part of Prince Andrew's statement in 2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4yU0Cp_y7o

Vagabond

Attorney General William Barr says there were ‘serious irregularities’ at the jail where Jeffrey Epstein died
If the President can take the credit for the low unemployment rate, he will no doubt be able to take the blame for these irregularities.

Either that or he'll fire Barr.

:watch:

CaliSteve

If the President can take the credit for the low unemployment rate, he will no doubt be able to take the blame for these irregularities.

Either that or he'll fire Barr.

:watch:

He will never accept blame and find some way to blame Clinton.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)