James Comey Fired

caseyedwards

Ratings
It is not surprising that Barr is hiding the report from the public and the Congress, in an effort to protect Trump.

Can Barr be impeached? We cannot afford to have the highest post in the justice department held by a partisan political person.
Of course he can but the problem is trump. It’s like people complaining about Jared and Ivanka and security clearances and all scandals and topics. The problem is trump. You can impeach all cabinet secretaries but why not impeach trump? You can impeach Acosta for the pervert case, Barr for obstruction, Nielsen for murder, etc etc. but trumps the problem

aftershocks

Ratings
Here's a conservative viewpoint of the Barr Letter and what comes next. Well analyzed from a legal standpoint, and it's obvious how the conservatives on the panel think. But it's also nice that they included a legal viewpoint from someone who has worked on the Democrat side in Congress:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmxzmK0QvGc

The panelists put forth some well-reasoned arguments that are easy to follow. However, it was obvious re some of the pious, self-serving utterances by the conservatives. There were good follow-up questions from the audience. It's always helpful to be open to more reasoned discourse on all sides.

ballettmaus

Ratings
Some Special Counsel investigators say the Barr letter mischaracterizes the findings. Shocking! https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/03/us/politics/mueller-findings-barr.html

At the same time, Mr. Barr and his advisers have expressed their own frustrations about Mr. Mueller and his team. Mr. Barr and other Justice Department officials believe the special counsel’s investigators fell short of their task by declining to decide whether Mr. Trump illegally obstructed the inquiry, according to the two government officials.
So, because he was frustrated, he just decided to make the decision himself and dismiss all the evidence that was found. Got it.

Mr. Barr and his advisers expressed concern that if they included derogatory information about Mr. Trump while clearing him, they would face a storm of criticism like what Mr. Comey endured in the Clinton investigation.

Legal experts attacked Mr. Comey at the time for violating Justice Department practice to keep confidential any negative information about anyone uncovered during investigations. The practice exists to keep from unfairly sullying people’s reputations without giving them a chance to respond in court.
If Trump is cleared then there can be no negative information in the report. And the trouble with Comey was that he misled the public and made statements that expressed judgement. Documentation of things that Trump and his family and campaign officials did, are facts.

ballettmaus

Ratings
The WaPo confirms the NYT reporting. What I'm wondering though is if the Mueller team leaked or if the associates they talked to leaked. https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...2f46684196e_story.html?utm_term=.959fe183df2a

But members of Mueller’s team have complained to close associates that the evidence they gathered on obstruction was alarming and significant.

“It was much more acute than Barr suggested,” said one person, who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the subject’s sensitivity.

Summaries were prepared for different sections of the report, with a view that they could made public, the official said.

The report was prepared “so that the front matter from each section could have been released immediately — or very quickly,” the official said. “It was done in a way that minimum redactions, if any, would have been necessary, and the work would have spoken for itself.”

Mueller’s team assumed the information was going to be made available to the public, the official said, “and so they prepared their summaries to be shared in their own words — and not in the attorney general’s summary of their work, as turned out to be the case.”

caseyedwards

Ratings
No one can deny trump will be impeached for obstruction! The whole mueller team wants him impeached for obstruction. That’s why they are leaking. No one can deny trump will be impeached and removed for obstruction probably in the next month

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Medvedeva, T&M, Shibs, P&C
Ratings
The WaPo confirms the NYT reporting. What I'm wondering though is if the Mueller team leaked or if the associates they talked to leaked. https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...2f46684196e_story.html?utm_term=.959fe183df2a
If some members of the Mueller team leaked, I am glad that they did. The information needs to get out. Mueller and his team worked hard for 22 months, only to see a cover up to protect Trump. Barr is still refusing to give the full report to Congress. There must be some very damaging information in it.

ballettmaus

Ratings
If some members of the Mueller team leaked, I am glad that they did. The information needs to get out.
I agree. But if "associates" leaked, the information might be less accurate than if someone of the Mueller team leaked directly because "associates" might interpret something into what they were told. They probably didn't pass on the exact wording from what they were told.

That said, the WSJ has now confirmed it at as well.

Vash01

Ratings
Not sure where this belongs but it has been all over the news. Julian Assange was arrested this morning and Trump said he doesn’t know anything about Wikileaks. There must be 100 clips of Trump praising Wikileaks in 2016. Trump is a shameless liar and he gets away with it.

ETA- I turn off the tv when Trump appears. Now I have started turning it off when Barr appears too. So sick of that guy!

Last edited:

Vash01

Ratings
Barr says he will publish the redacted Mueller report next week. I dont trust Barr. He has already shown that he is not objective, and he has already changed facts to suit Trump's agenda.

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
Ratings
The Gang of Eight at the very least should see the unredacted report. These folks have the highest security rating, both Republicans and Democrats. And certainly, both intelligence committees should see the counter-intelligence reports contained in the Mueller report. How the hell else are they going to perform their Constitutionally mandated oversight of the IC.

ballettmaus

Ratings
The Gang of Eight at the very least should see the unredacted report. These folks have the highest security rating, both Republicans and Democrats. And certainly, both intelligence committees should see the counter-intelligence reports contained in the Mueller report. How the hell else are they going to perform their Constitutionally mandated oversight of the IC.
I read that that is why Schiff can request an unredacted report/be briefed on it. I don't recall the exact words but as head of the House Intel Committee he has the right to be briefed on all intelligence matters at all times. And it just hit me that considering that, it makes a lot of sense why Trump wants to deny him access to classified information.

ballettmaus

Ratings
NYT reports that the House Intel and Financial Service Committees have issued subpoenas to Deutsche Bank and other banks to get their records concerning Trump's finances and dealings with Russia. (I thought Deutsche Bank was already cooperating. Were those other documents?)

Vash01

Ratings
NYT reports that the House Intel and Financial Service Committees have issued subpoenas to Deutsche Bank and other banks to get their records concerning Trump's finances and dealings with Russia. (I thought Deutsche Bank was already cooperating. Were those other documents?)
I thought they were cooperating with SDNY courts. Perhaps the committees can’t afford to wait until the court cases end - that could take months or years.

Vash01

Ratings
I am dreading tomorrow. Barr is going to spin the Mueller report to suit Trump. Why is he even calling a news conference? We know he will lie through his teeth. That redacted report is meaningless since we already know Barr’s lack of integrity. I turned the tv off and it will stay off political news. This is such a Sham! I am not too surprised because it was obvious that Barr was unfit for the AG position because of his pro-Trump bias. I just didn’t know how far he will go.

The only thing acceptable to me is the full report in its original form. Dems need to do whatever it takes to get it and publish it. We want the truth and the whole truth.

Barr is as dangerous as Trump, with unlimited power. This is getting scary.

ballettmaus

Ratings
The report will be made public/available at 11... I guess, the purpose of the press conference is to control and shape the narrative and not transparency or information. I'm further guessing that this means that the report doesn't fully exonerate Trump. (Not that I believed that anyway).

The NYT is also reporting that DOJ officials had several meetings with WH lawyers about the report. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/17/us/politics/trump-mueller-report.html

Trump wanted an AG who would protect him. He has found him.

I'm also afraid that the MSM will help Trump yet again as they will probably rush to publish and try to come up with the headline that creates the most controversy rather than one that is accurate.

once_upon

New condo owner
Ratings
No reason to be disappointed! Democrats control the house. They can get all the info and impeach Trump very easily. Look forward to the trial for obstruction and probably collusion, tax fraud and money laundering too.
In response to our poster whose favorite word is impeachment
For the 20 billionth time, impeachment will do nothing. I take that back impeachment will fire up his supporters and the newly gained House will turn back to Republican in 2020 along with the reelection of Trump.
Impeachment is an experiment in futility, and will fire up his supporters even more than the Barr announcements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)