James Comey Fired

BittyBug

And the band played on
Ratings
Comment from an NBC reporter https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/1030564325176627200

I've largely ignored these kind of comments because I tried to be positive and told myself that Mueller probably knows what he's doing. But I'm seeing an increasing number of comments that into that direction and with the recent comments made by the judge and the importance of a conviction, I'm starting to worry.
Mueller doesn't control the judge.

Vagabond

Ratings
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/19/giuliani-truth-todd-trump-788161

“When you tell me that, you know, he should testify because he’s going to tell the truth and he shouldn’t worry, well that’s so silly because it’s somebody’s version of the truth. Not the truth,” Giuliani told Chuck Todd on NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Sunday morning.

“Truth is truth,” Todd responded.

“No, no, it isn’t truth,” Giuliani said. “Truth isn’t truth. The President of the United States says, “I didn’t …”

A startled Todd answered: “Truth isn’t truth?”

Giuliani: “No, no, no.”
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Vagabond

Ratings
The Manafort jury is still deliberating. The longer they deliberate the better it looks for the defense.
Not necessarily. Only one of the three hundred and eight documents admitted as evidence was shown to the jury during trial. It takes a lot of time to go through so many documents unless one is dead set on acquittal.

ballettmaus

Ratings
From what I have heard discussed, the standard for sequestering a jury is extremely high and is considered a last resort.
I read that as well but I also read that the Cosby jury was sequestered and while there certainly was media attention, I don't think it's anything compared to that. (Nothing will probably ever compare to that unless another President is as much of a crook as Trump). Cosby also doesn't have any ties to pro-Russian Ukraines and I don't think that they got him for witness tempering before the trial even started.
In other words, if there was reason to sequester the Cosby jury, there should would have been reason to sequester this one.

ballettmaus

Ratings
There was speculation that Manafort might get off on some bank fraud charges. Apparently, that is hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

I'm reading reports that Cohen said that he violated campaign finance law at the direction of the candidate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)