James Comey Fired

debo

Ratings
All news and network links. Breaking.....

(Yep, of course some folks are having a problem with it. )

Last edited:

BittyBug

And the band played on
Ratings
So Sessions presumably recuses himself from anything to do with investigations into potential ties between Trump and his cohorts and Russia, and then recommends the firing of the person in charge of the investigation? And does anyone believe that this was initiated by Sessions?

COVER UP
COVER UP
COVER UP

caseyedwards

Ratings
Trump must be held accountable! Comey firing will please many because he's a dumbass in many ways but he was investigating president now!!!!! Obstruction of justice!!!!!

ballettmaus

Ratings
And so now we're to believe that the impetus for firing Comey was how he handled the Clinton email situation? :rofl:
I'm not sure I can find it funny. I want to, but I can't because of a) who will replace Comey and b) no one knows what the new guy will be ordered to do about the Clinton emails. I have no trouble believing that Trump will want him to reopen the investigation and if that happens, I think we all know how it ends.

BittyBug

And the band played on
Ratings
And Trump letter to Comey firing him says that he appreciates the fact that Comey has told him on three different occasions that he is not under investigations. :rofl:

BittyBug

And the band played on
Ratings
I'm not sure I can find it funny. I want to, but I can't because of a) who will replace Comey and b) no one knows what the new guy will be ordered to do about the Clinton emails. I have no trouble believing that Trump will want him to reopen the investigation and if that happens, I think we all know how it ends.
The :rofl: is because it is so ludicrous. And if what you're worried about is that they will now go after Clinton, I think you're worried about the wrong things. This is a massive cover up.

Fiero425

Ratings
He will go down in US history as one of the true idiots in politic theatre w/ Kenneth Starr! They were so busy trying to undermine the Clintons, they wound up looking worse for wear! True morons! :rolleyes: :kickass: :lynch: :mitchell:

icie

Keeping up appearances
Ratings
The Trump presidency is a bad dream. I'm still waiting for someone to say "live from NY it's Saturday Night Live" & it never happened.

BittyBug

And the band played on
Ratings
MSNBC: Why is he fired now for a lot of things that are old and nothing that is new?

Plus, former FBI official saying (off the record) that this is obstruction.

VIETgrlTerifa

Ratings
Man, Trump played him like a fool, and made it sound like he was doing everything in his power to appease Trump to save his job. Lying about the emails to Wiener and then emphasizing that he told Trump three times that Trump was not under investigation. What a fool.

Now, we have worse things to worry about and the Russian investigation will be stalled. This is a real cover-up and so obvious, but nobody is going to care because Trump can do whatever and nobody takes him to task for it. I wonder how many of his fans will try to spin this as Trump looking fair because he did it for the hit job Comey pulled on Hillary and the scariest part is how many of them will believe it. What happened to caring about people being "crooked" and "corrupt"? ;)

ballettmaus

Ratings
Don't let the door hit you on the way out, James. :saint:
I really don't understand how anyone could be gleeful about. I was far from a Comey fan. Still, this is about as bad as it gets. The Russia investigation is all but dead which means it will happen again. Additionally, Sessions will now have a man in that office who will do whatever he wants. Sessions is a Grade A racist. While Russia is the first thing that comes to mind, this is so much bigger than that.

Susan1

Ratings
Without reading all the posts, I was thinking while I was eating - what's the SOB going to do, keep firing everybody down the line till he gets to someone who will drop the investigation? What is wrong with this country? You fire the people are getting too close to the truth?

They mentioned Nixon firing his FBI director. Nixon got impeached anyway. Sending up prayers that history repeats itself!!!!

Vagabond

Ratings
I really don't understand how anyone could be gleeful about. I was far from a Comey fan. Still, this is about as bad as it gets. The Russia investigation is all but dead which means it will happen again. Additionally, Sessions will now have a man in that office who will do whatever he wants. Sessions is a Grade A racist. While Russia is the first thing that comes to mind, this is so much bigger than that.
The President, not the Attorney General, makes the appointment, and it has to be confirmed by the Senate. Given that the nature of the position, the Senate's previous indications that it will investigate Russiagate, and the fact that the appointment is for a ten-year term, I suspect that the nomination will be very carefully vetted unless the person selected is a highly respected, noncontroversial choice.

ballettmaus

Ratings
The President, not the Attorney General, makes the appointment,
Yes, I'm aware. Since Trump has Bannon still hopping around in his office, and is the driving force behind a Muslim ban, and fired Comey on the recommendation of Sessions, I'm not seeing much of a difference here.

and it has to be confirmed by the Senate. Given that the nature of the position, the Senate's previous indications that it will investigate Russiagate, and the fact that the appointment is for a ten-year term, I suspect that the nomination will be very carefully vetted unless the person selected is a highly respected, noncontroversial choice.
You mean like the lifetime appointment of a Supreme Court Justice?

Republicans confirmed Jeff Sessions who was deemed too racist in Alabama, they confirmed DeVos who has no idea what she is doing, they confirmed a number of other appointments who stand for the opposite of what their department stands for and they rammed through Gorsuch. There is not a single appointment who was rejected. Republicans have been kissing Trump's butt since Day 1, so I really don't know why I should believe that this is about to change now simply because this is the FBI director. I think Gorsuch tells us all we need to know about how they treat important appointments like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)