Is Finland Next for Putin? Or where else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
Finland has three reasons Putin might want to attack it:

It has a border with Russia, and at times, has been owned by Russia, and it is relatively small.

It is not a member of NATO, but is considering joining it.

It is now able to unhook itself from Russian gas:

Troubling signs:
The disrupting of civil aviation GPS positioning in the Finnish/Russian border region.

Russian threats about joining NATO.

Uneasiness on the border

A lot of Russians are entering Finland, some because of sanctions in Russia, some because they are anti-war and fear they will be punished in Russia.

It was reported in the Russia/Ukraine thread that the Russian embassy is asking people to report anti-Russian interactions in Finland.

Finland is a lot smaller than Ukraine, but it is better prepared for an invasion. Finland has maintained a large civilian defense operation. They are trained in the use of rifles and other weapons:

I hate to think of the happiest country in the world being invaded and bombed flat.

My hope is no other country will be attacked; that this war in Ukraine will give Russians an incentive to never invade another country again.

hanca

Values her privacy
Finland has three reasons Putin might want to attack it:

It has a border with Russia, and at times, has been owned by Russia, and it is relatively small.

It is not a member of NATO, but is considering joining it.

It is now able to unhook itself from Russian gas:

Troubling signs:
The disrupting of civil aviation GPS positioning in the Finnish/Russian border region.

Russian threats about joining NATO.

Uneasiness on the border

A lot of Russians are entering Finland, some because of sanctions in Russia, some because they are anti-war and fear they will be punished in Russia.

It was reported in the Russia/Ukraine thread that the Russian embassy is asking people to report anti-Russian interactions in Finland.

Finland is a lot smaller than Ukraine, but it is better prepared for an invasion. Finland has maintained a large civilian defense operation. They are trained in the use of rifles and other weapons:

I hate to think of the happiest country in the world being invaded and bombed flat.

My hope is no other country will be attacked; that this war in Ukraine will give Russians an incentive to never invade another country again.
Wow, are you making research for Putin, where to go next? It feels a bit weird to speculate about those things. What next, are we going to speculate about where will Putin drop atomic bomb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information