Insurrectionists and subversives: Trump and his supporters (Thread for all things Trump)

MsZem

I'm a sucker for a quiz. The Post has one today on conspiracy theories. Try it here: Will you fall into the conspiracy theory rabbit hole?.

I didn't fall in.

Was that quiz supposed to be difficult? LOL.

Because you could pretty much tell, just from the wording, which options were insane.
Also, the true options are fairly well-known (Iran-Contra and Tuskegee most obviously).

There's academic research that focuses on the tendency to believe in misinformation generally and conspiracy theories more specifically, but that makes for heavier reading. Which is obviously less fun ;)

gkelly

Also, the true options are fairly well-known (Iran-Contra and Tuskegee most obviously).

Though perhaps not by young folks who are not especially historically minded.

I would have liked to see more examples of conspiracy theories mostly believed by folks on the left, aside from the few Trump ones.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter

I would have liked to see more examples of conspiracy theories mostly believed by folks on the left, aside from the few Trump ones.
Well it is interesting here in Australia that the anti-vax or anti-********* conspiracies seem to be evenly spread amongst left and right wing.

Dobre

What the heck is this?

(Direct link to subcommittee letter is embedded in this post)

"The House ********* subcommittee wants Trump admin records on a $700 million relief loan granted to a trucking company.

Clyburn says "new evidence obtained" indicates that Trump officials may have played a role in the company obtaining the federal funds."

This loan constituted 95% of the $735.9 million disbursed as part of a CARES Act program for businesses critical to maintaining U.S. national security to offset losses caused by the *********.”

MsZem

I think it was easy for the people here who took it ;)
Well it is interesting here in Australia that the anti-vax or anti-********* conspiracies seem to be evenly spread amongst left and right wing.
This is true in Israel as well.

And some of the fringe elements from the anti-Bibi demonstrations have moved on to anti-vaxx protests.

caseyedwards

Nothing is secret. Everyone knows all the facts. It’s why Trump was impeached. I understand what people are saying. That while everything was leaked it was not official. So instead of things going through Washington post or New York Times or cnn it will be direct. But facts are facts. Everything is already known because everything was leaked. It’s why Trump was impeached. Just in case anyone is waiting for a big revelation. They will not come. Then the question is why do any any executive privilege at all. Because then it won’t be fake news? But it wasn’t fake anyway.

Susan1

caseyedwards

:)

I just wonder how much all this effort could have meant in defeating Trump for renomination in 2020. All this money all this energy backing Romney or Ryan who knows If trump wins that primary

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information