Insurrectionists and subversives: Trump and his supporters (Thread for all things Trump)

caseyedwards

Why did you choose to vote for Trump?
Lol

I do live in an area that was clinton -Clinton -gore -Kerry -Obama-Obama- Trump- trump so I always wonder how this happened.

Why the republicans didn’t like kasich bush Rubio Cruz
Why so many democrats switched over

How DC republicans with their hatred of trump didn’t run anyone against Trump in 2020 like Romney or kasich or Cindy McCain

Last edited:

skipaway

This is Just Too Scary

If you’re going to take over the administrative state and deconstruct it, then you have to have shock troops prepared to take it over immediately,” Bannon told NBC. “I gave ’em fire and brimstone.”

Bannon, who ran Trump’s 2016 campaign, said the former president’s agenda packing the government with loyalists was delayed because he couldn’t move quickly enough to fill some 4,000 posts.

Susan1

I was going to post this. It infuriates me, but also fatigues me. FNC is disgraceful.
Their bloodthirsty followers will be reposting the headline and making some big controversary out of it till the cows come home, completely ignoring that "the story itself explains that Duckworth took advantage of a tax credit available to all disabled U.S. veterans, regardless of income".

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Fox is so obsessed with "owning the woke left" that they don't care what they say, as long it keeps their audience happy. Unfortunately what started as a saying what their watchers wanted to hear, they are now driving the agenda. And it is about keeping people angry.

Yazmeen

Shake it then, shake it now, shake it forever
Fox is so obsessed with "owning the woke left" that they don't care what they say, as long it keeps their audience happy. Unfortunately what started as a saying what their watchers wanted to hear, they are now driving the agenda. And it is about keeping people angry.
Sadly, “owning the libs” is now a core principle of the GOP and it has caused the MAGA population to sacrifice their own needs for that goal. This article explains it well, including where the term came from: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...ibs-history-trump-politics-pop-culture-477203

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Sadly, “owning the libs” is now a core principle of the GOP and it has caused the MAGA population to sacrifice their own needs for that goal. This article explains it well, including where the term came from: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...ibs-history-trump-politics-pop-culture-477203
The most ironic thing is that for a party that is so obsessed with triggering their opposition, they get triggered very easily, if not more easily, themselves. Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers prove that. They constantly mock people who take an ethical stands on particular topics ie climate change, racism, feminism, etc. But on no you can't make them wear a mask or get vaccinated. And they are so tied to that they will sacrifice their lives for it.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
There was another domestic violence abuser in the White House (not much of a surprise I guess):

The ex-Trump staffer who abused Grisham, is Max Miller. Miller is running for Congress in northern Ohio.

Miller is suing Grisham for defamation.

Of course he is :rolleyes: - Don't we all know that in MAGA world, everything is the fault of the victim?

But Grisham' s WaPo op-ed never mentions Miller's name.

Last edited:

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
I did not fall in either!.Clearly, I have learned a lot from the rest of you in P.I.

Also, I am old. I watched JFK and Iran Contra.in real time, and worked in a government job where I was a recipient of the FBI's monthly reports on MLK. So I had a bit of an unfair advantage.

MacMadame

Staying at home
I did not fall in either!.Clearly, I have learned a lot from the rest of you in P.I.

Also, I am old. I watched JFK and Iran Contra.in real time, and worked in a government job where I was a recipient of the FBI's monthly reports on MLK. So I had a bit of an unfair advantage.
Those were all in the news when I was younger and I remembered them. It's probably the only reason I knew the Iran-Contra thing actually happened because it does seem somewhat fantastical.

Was that quiz supposed to be difficult? LOL.

Because you could pretty much tell, just from the wording, which options were insane.
Yet people believe them.

I do think some of them were somewhat believable. I do think it's believable that someone would kill Epstein while he was in prison for example. People do get killed in prison. It's not unheard of. Child molesters, in particular, have it rough in prison and often end up dead when they are put into the general population.

The main reason I don't believe it is because it's actually not that rare for pedophiles to commit suicide once they are caught especially if they come from a middle class or higher socio-economic class. The reality that they are going to prison and they are going to lose everything they've worked for including their family and friends is too much for them.

Plus there are other factors specific to this case that make it unlikely. The most I would believe is that people didn't do what they should have to stop him from killing himself and somewhat on purpose, too. But neglect isn't murder and it isn't a conspiracy. It's people being human and hating pedophiles.

But things like the moon landing being faked, the earth being flat, the world is run by a secret cabal, and the Holocaust not actually happening (or not being that bad) are just dumb.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Those were all in the news when I was younger and I remembered them. It's probably the only reason I knew the Iran-Contra thing actually happened because it does seem somewhat fantastical.
Oh c'mon. What's so unusual about Fawn Hall smuggling documents out of the office in her boots?
"We shred everything" until the shredder jams up. Someone had to come up with a Plan B to cover up Ollie's misdeeds. :lol:

SkateSand

Cat Servant
I completely missed the first and last part of this conversation, but as I was exiting my car to walk into the grocery store, a man was talking to a woman outside her car and he was saying, "The military is going to come to your house and force you to have the shot." :eek: I had to bite my tongue not to pipe up with, "No one is going to go to your house and force a vaccine on you. They'll just wait until you get sick and die and then you will no longer be a problem." :p

caseyedwards

They are saying collusion is a conspiracy theory? That’s surprising. What was every single Rosalind Helderman article about? She must be so angry. She won a Pulitzer for her trump collusion articles! I don’t see her giving it back.

In that section only the Tuskegee study is a right answer. Not what the Post won a Pulitzer for!

Here is the Pulitzer committee description of the prize they have for the Posts collusion stories

“understanding of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election and its connections to the Trump campaign, the President-elect's transition team and his eventual administration.”

That’s collusion.

“There is already, in my view, ample evidence in the public domain on the issue of collusion if you're willing to see it," Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif, told reporters at a newsmaker breakfast”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information