Insurrectionists and subversives: Trump and his supporters (Thread for all things Trump)

skateboy

The one thing that I will never understand .. is how his trophy wife can stand being his wife. Yeah the money ... I would have killed him by now. First degree murder. i am aware that this is not very important but ... 🤢🤢🤢
I think she's just as slimy as he is. And I would guess she hasn't been his "wife" for several years now... if you know what I mean.

Yazmeen

Shake it then, shake it now, shake it forever
I think she's just as slimy as he is. And I would guess she hasn't been his "wife" for several years now... if you know what I mean.
My impression of Melania is that as long as she can continue to be a rich lady of leisure who goes to lunch and does fashionable things with boatloads of money, she doesn't give 2 f**ks who she is married to. As long as she has Barron and her parents as part of the equation (I recall reading many times that she and Barron and her parents would have dinner together while at Bedminster while speaking only Slovenian to each other while Donald was simply left out).

ballettmaus

I think people should consider something else a lot more seriously, that as in 2016, Trump will legitimately win the election.
This is not meant as an attack against you but I find it concerning that you refer to his win as legitimate. We found out that Russia's interference was successful (they groups of voters they targeted didn't turn out) and we found out that Trump's campaign did collude with Russia. I don't know if this makes him illegitimate but since we have no idea what the result would have been if Russia had not had a hand in it, I wouldn't call it legitimate either. (And for the record, I am skeptical that announcing exit polls in Berlin while people were still voting (due to all the delays) didn't have any effect on the results, too, so this is not about Trump. It's about outside influence that may have had an effect on the results).

overedge

G.O.A.T.

That's pretty much what her former friend said in this book: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/10/melania-and-stephanie-and-me/616878/

They live largely separate lives and both of them are happy that way. But he asks her for advice and (allegedly) she is one of the fiew people who can be blunt with him and he'll listen.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
This is not meant as an attack against you but I find it concerning that you refer to his win as legitimate. We found out that Russia's interference was successful (they groups of voters they targeted didn't turn out) and we found out that Trump's campaign did collude with Russia. I don't know if this makes him illegitimate but since we have no idea what the result would have been if Russia had not had a hand in it, I wouldn't call it legitimate either. (And for the record, I am skeptical that announcing exit polls in Berlin while people were still voting (due to all the delays) didn't have any effect on the results, too, so this is not about Trump. It's about outside influence that may have had an effect on the results).

Yes its true that the Russian interference is well documented. Its not really known how much it altered the vote but it can't be just ignored.

Legitimate is probably not the right word, its just that Trump won the votes counted needed to win the electoral college in 2016 rather than getting votes thrown out or alternative slates of electors appointed by rogue state legislatures and that sort of thing which were actually considered if not actually implemented in 2020.

I think the same thing that happened in 2016 could happen in 2024 so that they would not have to implement any of the mechanisms to overthrow the vote.

Japanfan

My impression of Melania is that as long as she can continue to be a rich lady of leisure who goes to lunch and does fashionable things with boatloads of money, she doesn't give 2 f**ks who she is married to. As long as she has Barron and her parents as part of the equation (I recall reading many times that she and Barron and her parents would have dinner together while at Bedminster while speaking only Slovenian to each other while Donald was simply left out).
She knew the deal she was making when she married Donald Trump, and appears to be content with it.

Maybe she even loves the guy, at least sort of.

caseyedwards

The only thing I can really believe is that lots of partisan democrat liberals have decided to rewrite their history to make it seem they didn’t say Trump was illegally made president by Putin to make themselves look better than the republicans?

caseyedwards

That's one Democrat. FYI "one" is not the same as "all".

Although most people who care about the truth agree that Russia interfered in the election. Including the bi-partisan Senate committee that investigated the election.
One example. You want links to every article that mentions every democrat like this is new information? Hillary Clinton, jimmy carter, Ted lieu, Steve Cohen, don beyer. How many people do you need? Lol

You just repeated MY point. Democrats and republicans said Trump either was or was probably illegitimate including Ryan and McConnell

Kevin McCarthy spoke about “if there was collusion”

MacMadame

Staying at home
You know damn well that the majority of Dems never said anything at all about this, that the ones that did say something said that Russia interfered by spreading misinformation and other social action (all documented and proven) and not by changing votes. And few of those were willing to go as far as to say the election itself was illegitimate.

Judy

That's pretty much what her former friend said in this book: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/10/melania-and-stephanie-and-me/616878/

They live largely separate lives and both of them are happy that way. But he asks her for advice and (allegedly) she is one of the fiew people who can be blunt with him and he'll listen.
I read that book (free with my library card). It was a bit of a strange book with her friend being so over the top devoted to Melanie. No salary. Just being used.

That entire family is bizarre and dysfunctional though.

FiveRinger

Journalism costs money, whether it's producing new reporting or digitizing old content. It would be great if there was a way to pay to access specific newspaper/magazine/online articles rather than needing a full subscription, but I really don't expect to be provided this stuff for free. :saint:
I just recently started accessing a lot of this stuff thru my library card. Most libraries provide digital access. At first I felt guilty about not paying for subscriptions, but thus is a way to support the public library. I can't afford subscriptions to all of the newspapers I want to read. I spend a crap ton of money buying books and my Audible membership. If you have an Amazon Prime membership you might be able to get free access to a lot of magazines and newspapers that way too
If not completely free, then discounted. Kindle Unlimited gives you access to a lot, also. Just a thought....

MsZem

I just recently started accessing a lot of this stuff thru my library card. Most libraries provide digital access. At first I felt guilty about not paying for subscriptions, but thus is a way to support the public library. I can't afford subscriptions to all of the newspapers I want to read. I spend a crap ton of money buying books and my Audible membership. If you have an Amazon Prime membership you might be able to get free access to a lot of magazines and newspapers that way too
If not completely free, then discounted. Kindle Unlimited gives you access to a lot, also. Just a thought....
BlueRidge was quoting my own post back at me (it was in a different thread), but mine was in reference to people complaining about paywalls. How media outlets choose to manage access is their decision, and I can decide how important it is to me to access their content and proceed accordingly.

Libraries in the US may provide access. Libraries in other countries, not necessarily.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
BlueRidge was quoting my own post back at me (it was in a different thread), but mine was in reference to people complaining about paywalls. How media outlets choose to manage access is their decision, and I can decide how important it is to me to access their content and proceed accordingly.

Libraries in the US may provide access. Libraries in other countries, not necessarily.
And I wasn't even making an argument, I was just being a smartass because the opportunity so deliciously presented itself.

mea culpa :lol:

caseyedwards

You know damn well that the majority of Dems never said anything at all about this, that the ones that did say something said that Russia interfered by spreading misinformation and other social action (all documented and proven) and not by changing votes. And few of those were willing to go as far as to say the election itself was illegitimate.
Pelosi was very clear. “Our election was hijacked. There is no question."

Đ­PiKUilyam

I've recently discovered my public library and all the online news and books that are available to me. It's an amazing resource!

Susan1

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
A Boogaloo boy pled guilty to shooting at a Minneapolis police station while posing as a BLM protester. The FBI matched his distinctive mask in TV footage to Facebook photos of him

caseyedwards

I didn't even read the article. The headline made me choke laughing -

'a clown car on fire running at full speed into a warehouse full of fireworks'​

Yep.
Why don’t they do some reflection as to why republicans chose this over John kasich or Jeb Bush and wonder why didn’t Romney run against Trump in 2020. There’s no reflection yet. Just nonstop complaining and whining. Of course when republicans reflected on bush years they got trump sooo……

allezfred

Lipinski Stole My Catchphrase
Staff member
Why don’t they do some reflection as to why republicans chose this over John kasich or Jeb Bush and wonder why didn’t Romney run against Trump in 2020. There’s no reflection yet. Just nonstop complaining and whining. Of course when republicans reflected on bush years they got trump sooo……
Why did you choose to vote for Trump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information