Insurrectionists and subversives: Trump and his supporters (Thread for all things Trump)

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher

caseyedwards

The usual thing is a fine until they register. Do republicans just not want to register? Why are they always being arrested when others pay fines and register? I don’t get it!

This is astounding. In the past four years is 90% of the history of fara. It’s obvious republicans have become ideologically opposed not only to the law but also taking the fines and registering

I do not believe a liberal democrat like Kushner would have any ideological problems with paying a fine and registering if he’s approached by feds

Last edited:

ErikWilliam

This is sad:

Sad? She lived and died on her terms. Sounds like a great way to go.

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
Sad? She lived and died on her terms. Sounds like a great way to go.
And how many others did she endanger? Any immunosupressed people, folks who may not be able to produce the anti-bodies even after both jabs? If the anti-vaxxers want to off themselves, fine. Just stay away from other people. Maybe those folks would love to see that stupidity remove themselves from the gene pool.

Last edited:

VGThuy

I feel for those who seem particularly dependent on their family members for news and information. My half-siblings told me their grandma at-first wanted to get vaccinated (and a part of her still does) and their dad wants her to get it, but their aunt is a huge anti-vaxxer/Trumpster who has somehow totally scared their grandma straight to the point she's afraid of getting it because she's hearing nothing but all sorts of conspiracies and health dangers about it. Their grandma doesn't speak English and doesn't really understand the vaccine or the science/health information behind them. All she hears is what her daughter tells them all day/every day, so it's harder for other family members to try to convince her otherwise.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I feel for those who seem particularly dependent on their family members for news and information. My half-siblings told me their grandma at-first wanted to get vaccinated (and a part of her still does) and their dad wants her to get it, but their aunt is a huge anti-vaxxer/Trumpster who has somehow totally scared their grandma straight to the point she's afraid of getting it because she's hearing nothing but all sorts of conspiracies and health dangers about it. Their grandma doesn't speak English and doesn't really understand the vaccine or the science/health information behind them. All she hears is what her daughter tells them all day/every day, so it's harder for other family members to try to convince her otherwise.

Yes, I think the people to hold responsible are the knowing purveyors of disinformation. The anti-vax and other rightwing politicians and media people who are profiting off spreading conspiracies and fearmongering.

Dobre

I don't want anything bad to happen to my friends who are refusing to get vaccinated. I want them to be properly educated and to go get vaccinated before something bad happens to them. They have kids and/or parents and/or nieces & nephews & siblings & community members who count on them. I'm sure many of these people are afraid. Something out there in the info sphere--some incorrect or blown-out-of-proportion news about some side effect has led them to think the best choice for them is to do nothing. (I suspect in one case it is the propaganda about a risk to fertility. Possibly in two it may be a belief that getting the vaccine is ethically wrong because research was done on cells from abortion. Pretty sure one of them has a preacher that is preaching against vaccinations).

Then other people are not afraid enough. They were told to go to work & that the disease wasn't that big a deal for them & they went to work & they didn't get sick & the people they know who got sick didn't get too sick. They stopped watching the news because they didn't want to hear about the risk they were being forced to take on a daily basis and so now they are living in a bubble & don't understand that the danger is growing for them. They can't imagine it is as restrictions have loosened, and they think all of this is proof that the disease isn't a big threat so they should stand up for their "principles" and not do what those controlling government leaders tell them to do. The reasoning in this last sentence I don't feel any empathy for, but the fact is that 60-70% of the people in my county do not deserve to die.

The teens & adults within that percent have made the wrong decision for one reason or another, most likely a personal one that they aren't going to share with a reporter & most likely because of some specific fear. What needs to happen is for something to pierce the bubble. The most logical would be for these places of employment that required their workers to come in & risk their lives for their bottom line to now require that the same employees stop risking everyone's lives & get vaccinated in order to protect the same bottom line. Most eligible people not getting vaccinated are younger people. This means they work for someone else or their parents are making the decision.

Last edited:

Sparks

Pelosi rejects Jim Banks and Jim Jordan to serve on Jan. 6 select committee “The unprecedented nature of January 6th demands this unprecedented decision.”

Of course he did. That was the plan all along.

cygnus

once_upon

I feel/have empathy for those who want the vaccines, but are getting denied the opportunity because of family (teens, physically dependent, etc), or are unable to recieve it because of a medical condition. Those are the persons to prioritize precious resources to.

The rest of the anti vaxxers not so much.

I have 5 grandchildren who will be returning to a classroom this fall. In a state with a right down the Trump philosophy.

Yazmeen

Shake it then, shake it now, shake it forever
The monsignor seems to be more particular about what goes into other people's mouths than he is about what goes into his own. :shuffle:
I just sent that remark to my brother along with the story, and the bartender at the bar he’s at is not happy that he spit beer across the bar when he read it. 🤣🍺😛

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
The monsignor seems to be more particular about what goes into other people's mouths than he is about what goes into his own. :shuffle:
And you win the internet today with that comment :biggrinbo

BTW - reading Pelosi rejected Jordan and Banks this morning made me laugh as well. Can't wait to see Jordan be put under question during the commission.

caseyedwards

I still don’t understand this at all! Democrats did a fact finding investigation. They found And documents proved that Trump didn’t seek to stop the insurrection because he was behind it. That’s why he is both impeached and got conviction votes with huge bipartisan majorities. Not enough to remove but huge bipartisan vote to remove nonetheless. That was because of Democrats fact finding investigations

I guess this is all about McCarthy’s call to trump and seeking if not to impeach Trump again vote to expel McCarthy maybe?

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
Yes, it was inevitable that Nancy Pelosi wouldn’t accept that batch of Republicans with the “poison pill’ of Jim Jordan in the mix.
Pelosi only rejected two of the five. Qevin had a hissy fit and pulled the others, too. Doesn’t matter, there’s a bipartisan quorum, and Committee Chair, Bennie Thompson says it’s full steam ahead.

caseyedwards

To impeachment of Trump?

“Today the final report of the select committee is out and it is expected to lead to…..?” What is next?

VGThuy

I think it's important to remember that some of the states--like Texas--facing the hardest legislative backlash are the states where a huge percent of the population, itself, is moving away from its traditional political base. That's exactly why Republican legislators in Texas, Arizona, and Georgia are pushing so hard. They were elected by a fading demographic in those states and are grasping to maintain power. (Supposedly 2/3rds of Arizona is unimpressed by the fake audit).

Meanwhile the press seems to only be interested in borderline states like those & Florida. Either because they are borderline or because they are worth a lot of electoral votes. While there's been precious little to no backlash from the national press on voter suppression in Iowa & Montana.
This post reminds me to be thankful that my home state of Louisiana has a Democratic Governor:
Louisiana lawmakers ended their historic veto session Wednesday after two days in which Republicans failed to overturn any of Gov. John Bel Edwards’ bill rejections, a significant blow to GOP efforts to assert independence from the Democratic governor.

The session collapsed after House Republicans couldn’t garner the votes to reverse Edwards’ veto of legislation banning transgender girls from school sports teams, the driving force behind the first veto session ever held under the nearly 50-year-old state constitution.

Republican-led efforts to reverse Edwards’ spurning of a bill to loosen the rules for carrying concealed handguns in Louisiana stalled in the Senate, with three votes fewer than required. Other veto overrides in the Senate failed as well, and the House didn’t try to overturn anything beyond the sports ban measure.

“At the end of the day, the Legislature got it right and I’m immensely thankful for that,“ Edwards, the Deep South’s only Democratic governor, said at a celebratory news conference after adjournment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information