Insurrectionists and subversives: Trump and his supporters (Thread for all things Trump)

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
The feds just executed a search warrant on Rudy Giuliani's apartment as part of the Ukraine investigation.

His electronics have all been seized.

Why now? Barr/Barr appointees had blocked the warrant. Garland unblocked it.

Last edited:

FiveRinger

Rudy Giuliani is in deep doo-doo. Michael Cohen, Trump’s other personal attorney, went to jail. Rudy has committed all kinds of crimes on behalf of Trump, including being part of the Jan 6 insurrection. I wonder how much he'll give up to minimize his jail time. And how soon will Trump be saying that Rudy really wasn't his lawyer? Pop your popcorn 🍿

ballettmaus

Can we assume that Former Guy and Co did something similar with one of the books one of them wrote? (Forgot who it was).

Rudy Giuliani is in deep doo-doo.
Is he? Given that Barr previously blocked a warrant, what are the odds that investigators will still find something? He's had plenty of time to get rid of all the incriminating stuff and I wouldn't even be surprised if he did so with the help of someone who knew what they would be looking for.

Susan1

Rudy Giuliani is in deep doo-doo. Michael Cohen, Trump’s other personal attorney, went to jail. Rudy has committed all kinds of crimes on behalf of Trump, including being part of the Jan 6 insurrection. I wonder how much he'll give up to minimize his jail time. And how soon will Trump be saying that Rudy really wasn't his lawyer? Pop your popcorn 🍿

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
Is he? Given that Barr previously blocked a warrant, what are the odds that investigators will still find something?
For a judge to find probable cause against a lawyer is very serious. And Rudy Tooty is not technically adept. I remember when he was on a news show and was asked about what evidence he has, he waved his cell phone around saying it’s all there, in his phone. Coupled with the fact they raided Victoria Toensing’s place, yeah, it’s a BFD.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races

The Matt Gaetz saga just gets crazier.

His buddy Greenberg offered to pay 250,000 bitcoin to Roger Stone to get a pardon from Donald Trump. He wrote a hand written confession letter, saying he and Gaetz paid for sex with a 17 year old girl and others over 18, paying via Venmo. The letter was part of his request for the pardon.

Stone and Greenberg used a secure messaging app, but Greenberg took screenshots of the convo.

Read the whole thing. It is too long, and almost too crazy to believe.

Meanwhile, Stone disavows all knowledge, and Gaetz says:

Congressman Gaetz has never paid for sex nor has he had sex with a 17 year old as an adult.

It is not clear who leaked the copies of the letters to the Daily Beast: Greenberg himself, a Florida sheriff, the feds, Beute (who was a candidate for Seminole County tax collector, running against Greenberg, and was a victim of malfeasance by Greenberg) and his lawyer.

Stone told Greenberg that Gaetz had not supported his pardon in Trump world, which would be motive enough for Greenberg to release the letter.

Last edited:

Vagabond

At issue for investigators is a key question: Did Mr. Giuliani go after Ms. Yovanovitch solely on behalf of Mr. Trump, who was his client at the time? Or was he also doing so on behalf of the Ukrainian officials, who wanted her removed for their own reasons?

It is a violation of federal law to lobby the United States government on behalf of foreign officials without registering with the Justice Department, and Mr. Giuliani never did so.

Even if the Ukrainians did not pay Mr. Giuliani, prosecutors could pursue the theory that they provided assistance by collecting information on the Bidens in exchange for her removal.
Somehow, I think that this is only the tip of the iceberg.

:watch:

caseyedwards

Why would someone not work for money? FBI says Guliani got no money. That’s right. He was working for Trump trying to get ukriane to do stuff. Not the reverse

The reason Trump wanted her gone is because he was told she didn’t put his picture up. That’s it

But all democrats really are committed to putting anyone who supported trump in prison

Dobre

Oregon lawmaker who let far-right demonstrators into Capitol charged with criminal misconduct​

"An Oregon lawmaker who let violent far-right demonstrators into the state Capitol during a Dec. 21 special session was criminally charged on Friday with first-degree official misconduct and second-degree criminal trespass.

Rep. Mike Nearman, R-Independence, was caught on security videos opening a door and allowing demonstrators to enter the building. He had been under investigation since at least January for enabling the breach.

Nearman is scheduled to appear in court to face the charges on May 11. His attorney, Jason Short, could not immediately be reached for comment.

The first-degree official misconduct charge is for allegedly knowingly taking action that constituted an unauthorized exercise of his official duties to benefit someone else, according to court filings. The second charge is for allegedly abetting another person to enter and remain in the Capitol."

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Laughable, and absurd.
Nope. Pretty damn true.

One of the main protagonist referred to in that - Tucker doing an item "Imagine if lying was your job".

“But if you’re a non-sociopathic normal person, the answer obviously is no you could not do that. You could never lie like that. So you’ve got to kind of respect the people who can, They’re like Olympians in reverse. They achieve feats so dishonorable that you gasp and horror as you watch them. But at the same time, you’ve got to respect those skills"
So he must be admitting he is a sociopath and wants people to respect him. I know I sit and gasp at how clueless a turd he looks like with the BS he spins.

Yazmeen

Shake it then, shake it now, shake it forever
Nope. Pretty damn true.

One of the main protagonist referred to in that - Tucker doing an item "Imagine if lying was your job".

So he must be admitting he is a sociopath and wants people to respect him. I know I sit and gasp at how clueless a turd he looks like with the BS he spins.
The best comment I ever heard about Tucker was about that stupid, open-mouthed stare he always has on his face. "He looks like a dog watching a magician and trying to figure out the trick."

Dobre

The politicians who tried to overturn an election — and the local news team that won’t let anyone forget it​

A news station that is consistently introducing any commentary from politicians with the context of their actions on January 6th. :cheer2:

"But Harrisburg’s WITF has gone a different route: They want you to remember.

Months before the election, the station’s reporters and editors were already deeply alarmed by what they saw unfolding. 'We could see the disinformation really taking hold, this idea that the only way President Trump could lose is if the election were rigged,' Tim Lambert, the station’s news director, told me last week."

"The station has stuck to its pledge in its day-to-day coverage ever since, by simply and without fanfare including boilerplate language about how lawmakers conducted themselves during the attempts to overturn the election whenever they are mentioned in the course of regular news coverage.
For example, a recent story about a state legislator’s efforts to get Pennsylvanians vaccinated was accompanied by a sidebar of text about the lawmaker in question.

'State Sen. Ryan Aument (R—Lancaster) was one of 17 Republican state senators who signed a Jan. 4 letter that asked Congress to delay electoral college certification because, it said incorrectly, SCOTUS ‘is to hear Trump v. Boockvar in the coming days.’ On Jan. 11 SCOTUS refused to fast-track the case. The election-fraud lie led to the attack on the Capitol.'"

canbelto

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information