Insurrectionists and subversives: Trump and his supporters (Thread for all things Trump)

ballettmaus

The inspection of the plant that messed up the J&J vaccines in Baltimore revealed a number of systemic problems, including poorly trained workers. Some of those problems were already noted during an inspection in 2020. The administration still awarded them a $648 million contract to manufacture vaccines. https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/04/21/fda-johnson-johnson-vaccine-inspection/

There are Sewage Treatment Plants...
But Trump Memorial Sewage Treatment Plant doesn't sing, and it is too long a name.
Sewage Treatment Plants are also a necessity, so I don't think it's appropriate to name them after Trump ;)

Dobre

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
While I agree with BR we should ignore the Marjorie Taylor Greenes, I laughed and laughed all the way through this column while I read it:

:rofl:
Sorry. I just realized I posted the wrong link for this comment and don't want anybody to think I'm laughing because the police asked an Asian reporter if she speaks English. This is the correct link to the Alexandra Petri commentary:
Did the Anglo-Saxons even know about America?
“HROTHGAR!” the caucus responded, with a loud cry. “Hlothhere! Do not all our laws begin with an unpronounceable ‘HR,’ as befits an Anglo-Saxon?

Where is Wiglaf?! This is what we meant.

I ask nothing better than to sit in the throne-hall of my lord, ring-giver, great in arms
While a demon comes rampaging into the hall and wreaks woe,
And much do we thanes thole — this is precisely what I mean!”

Dobre

Investigation suppressed by Trump administration reveals obstacles to hurricane aid for Puerto Rico​

A watchdog report uncovers bureaucratic hurdles the administration erected for the island to receive aid after Hurricanes Irma & Maria

"The Trump administration put up bureaucratic obstacles that stalled approximately $20 billion in hurricane relief for Puerto Rico and then obstructed an investigation into the holdup, according to an inspector general report obtained by The Washington Post.

Congress requested the investigation into the delays to recovery aid for Puerto Rico after Hurricanes Irma and Maria in 2017 left residents of the U.S. territory without power and clean water for months. But, the report said, former Housing and Urban Development secretary Ben Carson and another former HUD official declined to be interviewed by investigators during the course of the examination that began in 2019.

Access to HUD information was delayed or denied on several occasions. Several former senior administration officials in the Office of Management and Budget refused to provide requested information about decision-making related to the Puerto Rico relief funds."

"Still, Inspector General Rae Oliver Davis, appointed by Trump as top HUD watchdog, found unprecedented procedural hurdles set by the White House budget office — in addition to an extended partial federal government shutdown that also produced delays.

The OMB required HUD’s notice of grant funds to go through an interagency review process before approval, preventing HUD from publishing its draft notice of funding by its target date. The OMB had never before required such a review process for a notice allocating disaster-recovery funds, according to the inspector general’s report, and there had been no previous discussion about requiring the extra step.

'This is about life and death issues,' said Rep. Nydia M. Velázquez (D-N.Y.), who led the call for the inspector general’s investigation. She characterized the Trump administration’s actions as 'a way to prevent the people of Puerto Rico from access to so much needed money to prevent people from dying.'"

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races

Vagabond

canbelto

Article about a red district in Ohio:

One man told me matter-of-factly that he believed ********* vaccines were going to kill 50 million people and that Trump hadn’t actually been inoculated in spite of what he’s repeatedly said. “He already knows the people that voted for him will not get the vaccine,” said Joe Poldruhi, 55, a maintenance man from nearby Olmsted Falls. “All the people that voted for Biden and hate Trump are taking the vaccine. Trump has no problem with that. Because they’re going to be dead.”
:wall::wall::wall:

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Article about a red district in Ohio:

:wall::wall::wall:
My bet's on Gonzalez for this one once they redraw the districts. He comes across a a nice guy candidate representing the working man. Strongsville aside, former OSU football players will still get support just for passing that football on Saturdays. I may not really agree with it, but there you go ...

On the vaccine issue, we have younger friends who had to wait over a month to get an appt for one here. They moseyed on up north to Jim Jordan country and got in right away with no delays at all. They just got their second doses today. I'm sure this is all thanks to Dr. Fauci trampling on the "rights" of loudmouth Gym and not because Jordan made sure vaccines would be available for his constituency. :lol:

Dobre

Gaetz probe includes scrutiny of potential public corruption tied to medical marijuana industry​

ballettmaus

Gaetz probe includes scrutiny of potential public corruption tied to medical marijuana industry​

It keeps getting better and better.

caseyedwards

When this story first broke it broke with the promise of imminent indictments. Where are they. They literally said the indictments would be that weekend

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
After so much losing in court, these Stop the Steal guys each finally won something!

Giuliani wins a Razzy for worst supporting actor in the Borat movie. :lol:

Mike Linden, the My pillow guy, won the Razzy for worst actor in his film "Absolute Proof," his film saying the Chinese gave the election to Biden.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Last edited:

ballettmaus

Rachel Maddow said that Trump is asking for the Cyber Ninjas (and I can't believe I'm typing this) to do recounts/audits in Michigan, Pennylvania, Georgia, Wisconsin and New Hampshire as well (why is he so focused on New Hampshire? He lost it the last time around, too, but he was already talking about busses that brought students to vote fraudulently in NH). She also mentioned that they used machine-readable blue pens (she mentioned that Friday already but I didn't know the significance about the pens until tonight).

I still don't know how a private company can be allowed to take the voting machines and be given the original ballots for an audit/recount in the first place but someone really needs to stop this before it takes off. Maybe it's just a money scam but maybe it's not or maybe it's both and maybe the Cyber Ninjas are making money but are also invalidating ballots. If they announce that Trump won Arizona and then are allowed to do that in other states as well, I believe Republicans will start to proclaim that Trump won publically and we'll be getting into dangerous January 6th territory again.

skatingguy

Golden Team
Rachel Maddow said that Trump is asking for the Cyber Ninjas (and I can't believe I'm typing this) to do recounts/audits in Michigan, Pennylvania, Georgia, Wisconsin and New Hampshire as well (why is he so focused on New Hampshire? He lost it the last time around, too, but he was already talking about busses that brought students to vote fraudulently in NH). She also mentioned that they used machine-readable blue pens (she mentioned that Friday already but I didn't know the significance about the pens until tonight).

I still don't know how a private company can be allowed to take the voting machines and be given the original ballots for an audit/recount in the first place but someone really needs to stop this before it takes off. Maybe it's just a money scam but maybe it's not or maybe it's both and maybe the Cyber Ninjas are making money but are also invalidating ballots. If they announce that Trump won Arizona and then are allowed to do that in other states as well, I believe Republicans will start to proclaim that Trump won publically and we'll be getting into dangerous January 6th territory again.
I think the outcome will be more like Kris Kobach's voting integrity commission - nothing will come of it & it will be quietly disbanded. It's important to remember that the point here is not to actually over turn the election results, it's to make money.

Dobre

Simon & Schuster Employees Submit Petition Demanding No Deals With Trump Administration Authors​

Cheney breaks with McCarthy on scope of Jan. 6 panel​

(This seems like a good sign. AKA maybe the commission will actually happen with someone so high up in Republican leadership supporting it?)

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races

There have been 440 arrests so far.

The FBI has announced that there will be at least 100 more arrests, for well over 500 total.

At least 4 of the Proud Boys were in close contact with the FBI since 2019, giving info about their antifa & affiliated antagonists. It is hard to believe the Fibbies did not know about the Jan. 6 insurrection planning in that case. Shades of the Whitey Bolger FBI scandal perhaps. :(

In general, the arrested rioters were not unemployed rednecks.

40% were in white collar jobs or were business owners, including the chief technology officer for Happy Mushroom, a virtual art studio. He got fired. As the CEO said:

We are extremely appalled to learn Mr. Greene held beliefs that are so counter to what Happy Mushroom stands for,” said CEO and Creative Director Felix Jorge.

Dear me.

caseyedwards

Simon & Schuster Employees Submit Petition Demanding No Deals With Trump Administration Authors​

Cheney breaks with McCarthy on scope of Jan. 6 panel​

(This seems like a good sign. AKA maybe the commission will actually happen with someone so high up in Republican leadership supporting it?)
At some point mccarthy will have to turn against her and support her being removed if all she is doing is contradicting everything he does and undermining his leadership to prepare for her run for the presidency in 2024

ballettmaus

I think the outcome will be more like Kris Kobach's voting integrity commission - nothing will come of it & it will be quietly disbanded. It's important to remember that the point here is not to actually over turn the election results, it's to make money.
I really hope you're right. Maddow mentioned in her segment that the Cyber Ninjas have asked for private donations, so it's entirely possible it's just a money making scheme. But we have no idea what is going on and that's the scary part. They could be doing who knows what to those ballots and machines. (Or someone else who isn't part of Cyber Ninjas could since they could just allow them in).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information