Insurrectionists and subversives: Trump and his supporters (Thread for all things Trump)

caseyedwards

This is from the Mayo Clinic
If children with male genitalia begin using GnRH analogues early in puberty, they might not develop enough penile and scrotal skin for certain gender confirmation genital surgical procedures, such as penile inversion vaginoplasty. Alternative techniques, however, are available.

Something to think about

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
This is exactly why the Governor vetoed the bill. He said it was a gross governmental overreach. Which it is. And which the GOP used to be against.
He said it should be a private decision between people and their doctors.

You know, that's not typically a Republican position if you think about it, e.g. abortion. Republicans aren't really the party of keeping government out of our lives even if they sometimes make a pretense when its about masks or something.

caseyedwards

Republicans say woman should not be allowed to get abortion from doctors. Now republicans are saying parents can not put children on puberty blockers or remove a penis by a doctor. Because god made the baby and made the child boy or girl. It fits together .

Yazmeen

Shake it then, shake it now, shake it forever
It's really sick but the GOP thinks of transphobia is the new-new-hot-thing. The MAGAs in my social media all think there is nothing more terrifying than a trans child.
Suddenly my male conservative friends are TOTALLY interested in women's sports, screaming about having "genetic males" on women's teams. Do I need to tell you they never gave two f***s about ANY women's sports prior to this????

tony

Republicans say woman should not be allowed to get abortion from doctors. Now republicans are saying parents can not put children on puberty blockers or remove a penis by a doctor. Because god made the baby and made the child boy or girl. It fits together .
Maybe a small segment of the Bible-obsessed, yes. But come on, you know that most of the people against anything involving trans rights don't know or care about any of the science behind this and are just arguing that it's disgusting, it's just a cry for attention, etc. Many will still argue that being gay is 100% choice, after all.

Unfortunately, I also think there are plenty of people on the left who aren't exactly behind any trans movements just yet.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Well, when you have Martina Navratilova against trans women's participation in sports, and the number of people who think that JK Rowling is right, there are famous fingers to hide behind.

Because, of course a man is going to pretend to be and to live his life as a woman and be subject to ostracism, violence, and job and healthcare discrimination in order to win at sports, even professional sports with big purses.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Unfortunately, I also think there are plenty of people on the left who aren't exactly behind any trans movements just yet.
Yeah and I always find that disappointing but also surprising.

Well, when you have Martina Navratilova against trans women's participation in sports,
She took it back.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10

MacMadame

Staying at home
Not only did I miss that completely, but a little pop-up box reminded me that the article was over a year old. :slinkaway
The last blurb in the article said that she clarified after that article came back that she hasn't changed her mind. So who knows.

I absolutely think that this is a "problem" that is being used to whip up the culture wars especially when you are talking about young kids doing school sports. I can see how elite sports might want to have limits so that their records and other achievements remain "pure" but even then it's not like track and field doesn't have years of records set by people juicing and the same with MLB. I think they will survive the occasional trans athlete.

Vagabond

Republicans aren't really the party of keeping government out of our lives even if they sometimes make a pretense when its about masks or something.
Oh, but they do want to keep government out of our lives! Democratic government, be it "Democratic" with a capital "D" or "democratic" with a lower-case "d."

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Two interesting articles about Matt Gaetz in this evening's news:
Representative Matt Gaetz, Republican of Florida, was one of President Donald J. Trump’s most vocal allies during his term, publicly pledging loyalty and even signing a letter nominating the president for the Nobel Peace Prize.

In the final weeks of Mr. Trump’s term, Mr. Gaetz sought something in return. He privately asked the White House for blanket pre-emptive pardons for himself and unidentified congressional allies for any crimes they may have committed, according to two people told of the discussions.

Around that time, Mr. Gaetz was also publicly calling for broad pardons from Mr. Trump to thwart what he termed the “bloodlust” of their political opponents. But Justice Department investigators had begun questioning Mr. Gaetz’s associates about his conduct, including whether he had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old that violated sex trafficking laws, in an inquiry that grew out of the case of an indicted associate in Florida.
Rep. Matt Gaetz, mired in an ongoing federal sex trafficking investigation, is headed to former President Donald Trump’s resort in Doral this Friday where he will be a featured speaker at a summit hosted by a conservative pro-Trump women’s group.

Women for America First announced late Tuesday that Gaetz would be a speaker at the three-day “Save America Summit.” This is the same group that helped organize the “March for Trump” rally in Washington that took place just hours before the Jan. 6 riots at the U.S. Capitol that left five people dead.
Matt Gaetz - Saving American Women. They better have him sign one of those evangelical purity pledges before the next debutante ball. :lol:

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter

ballettmaus

For donating to Trump it’s really hard to feel sorry for these people....
Whenever I read something like that I think: what did they (Trump supporters) expect. (On the other hand, it is a cult mentality, so it's more complex than that but still. He is a con-man and narcissist. He doesn't care about anyone but himself and that's no secret).

once_upon

If you uncheck the "recurring payment" box you're now a "defector":

I can kind of, sort of understand falling for this scam once...but if it catches you this time, you are not only falling for a grifter but you are stupid.

Vagabond

Mr. Boehner writes that Mr. Trump’s “refusal to accept the result of the election not only cost Republicans the Senate but led to mob violence,” adding, “It was painful to watch.”

At another point, he writes, “I’ll admit I wasn’t prepared for what came after the election — Trump refusing to accept the results and stoking the flames of conspiracy that turned into violence in the seat of our democracy, the building over which I once presided.”

He adds: “Watching it was scary, and sad. It should have been a wake-up call for a return to Republican sanity.” Nodding to the divisions between the parties in Congress now, he writes, “Whatever they end up doing, or not doing, none of it will compare to one of the lowest points of American democracy that we lived through in January 2021.”
I dunno, John, I think your party can go even lower than that. :shuffle:

ErikWilliam

Maybe a small segment of the Bible-obsessed, yes. But come on, you know that most of the people against anything involving trans rights don't know or care about any of the science behind this and are just arguing that it's disgusting, it's just a cry for attention, etc. Many will still argue that being gay is 100% choice, after all.

I admit that decades ago I didn't "like" the GLB including T. I didn't think that it was appropriate for transgenderism to be linked to the gay community. (It's hard enough trying to get people to accept my sexual orientation but to then lump in transgenderism in addition?? was my thinking). But despite that, I've always been for Trans Rights. Just like I am for women's rights, disabled rights, every rights so long as no one is harming someone else. This topic is so upsetting to me when I see such bigotry and hatefulness to transgenders. I grew up gay, and that was hard enough. I can't imagine how difficult a TG has growing up and throughout life. And to have these hateful laws like in Arkansas just to make their lives worse?!?! Why? They aren't bothering or harming you. And if you are bothered by it and think it's "disgusting" then that is your personal issue and problem, no one else's. There are things that gross me out too. The thought of two really unattractive people having sex grosses me out. It does. Yuck. But you know what? I don't think about it, because it's none of my business anyway. So when I see two unattractive people walking in the park holding hands, what I think at the time is "How sweet that they found one another and are happy. Good for them." That's it. I just can't understand why people have to be such assholes all the time. I don't believe these people's personal lives are so perfectly full with no more room for growth that they have to waste their energy on harming others.

canbelto

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Skating connection -- According to the WP, the Wollman Ice Rink business activities are being researched by the investigators regarding the Trump financials. Barry Weisselberg, the son of CFO Allen Weisselberg, is the manager of the Wollman Ice Rink and his ex-wife has boxes and computers of financial records including the transfer of funds through the rink that she has turned over to the investigators. It sounds like they are researching to see if rink accounts were used to transfer money to personal accounts to enrich individuals and avoid required reporting.

canbelto

So there's a reason Trump went off on Hutchinson: Hutchinson said the quiet part out loud and said he wouldn't support a 2024 run.

skateboy

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information