Insurrectionists and subversives: Trump and his supporters (Thread for all things Trump)

Dobre

Federal investigators are examining communications between US lawmakers and Capitol rioters​

sk9tingfan

Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC just announced that the first member of the Trump administration was just arrested based on his connection/actions associated with the January 6th insurrection. I believe that Lawrence said his name was Francisco Klein and had worked for Mike Pompeo. If I misheard, please forgive me. I will update when he provides more information later in the broadcast.

Found the source article in Politico. It is Frederico Klein.

Last edited:

Dobre

Trump Appointee At VOA Parent Paid Law Firm Millions To Investigate His Own Staff​

"Last summer, an appointee of former President Donald Trump was irate because he could not simply fire top executives who had warned him that some of his plans might be illegal.

Michael Pack, who was CEO of the U.S. Agency for Global Media that oversees Voice of America, in August suspended those top executives. He also immediately ordered up an investigation to determine what wrongdoing the executives might have committed.

Instead of turning to inspectors general or civil servants to investigate, Pack personally signed a no-bid contract to hire a high-profile law firm with strong Republican ties.

The bill — footed by taxpayers — exceeded a million dollars in just the first few months of the contract."

Simone411

Do stand. Do stand six. Do stand six feet from me.

A House impeachment manager and intelligence subcommittee chairman filed a federal lawsuit Friday against former president Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Rudolph W. Giuliani and Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.), claiming they should be held liable for injuries and destruction caused by their incitement of the Jan. 6 mob assault on the Capitol.

Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.), who also sits on the judiciary and homeland security committees, alleged Trump and his fellow speakers at a rally near the White House that day were directly responsible for mobilizing a crowd of tens of thousands of pro-Trump supporters to march on the Capitol and priming them for violence.

Trump’s actions before and during the assault — in which at least 800 people broke into the Capitol, attacked police and delayed Congress’s confirmation of the presidential election results — “made clear he poses a risk of inciting future political violence,” the complaint alleged.

I'm sort of disappointed not to see Mike Pence included. It's not over yet, however. :D

Cachoo

Trump Appointee At VOA Parent Paid Law Firm Millions To Investigate His Own Staff​

"Last summer, an appointee of former President Donald Trump was irate because he could not simply fire top executives who had warned him that some of his plans might be illegal.

Michael Pack, who was CEO of the U.S. Agency for Global Media that oversees Voice of America, in August suspended those top executives. He also immediately ordered up an investigation to determine what wrongdoing the executives might have committed.

Instead of turning to inspectors general or civil servants to investigate, Pack personally signed a no-bid contract to hire a high-profile law firm with strong Republican ties.

The bill — footed by taxpayers — exceeded a million dollars in just the first few months of the contract."
So beyond the money he fired them and then tried to find cause.....hhhhmmmm

Dobre

Sadly, we have some businesses & organizations that are failing to support democracy this week:

Coca Cola/Sprite
U.S. Chamber of Commerce

"Cocacola, the parent company of Sprite, has donated $34,750 to the sponsors of the voter suppression legislation in Georgia that targets the Black community. Coca-Cola publicly declined to oppose the legislation, saying it favors a "balanced approach."

And also . . .

U.S. Chamber (of Commerce) decides against political ban for Capitol insurrection​

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Imagine how many more of these activities are going to be reported about Trump and company in the coming months and years ... I'm sure they shredded documents around the clock on their way out the door to make any outside analyses as difficult as possible.

Susan1

I like this tweet by Triumph® ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴsᴜʟᴛ ᴄᴏᴍɪᴄ ᴅᴏɢ™

"They did not ban Green Eggs and Ham
I'm full of crap I am I am
So I will grandstand in a box.
And I will bullshit with a fox.
And I will showboat in a house.
And I will have ethics the size of a mouse.
And I will cry wolf here and there.
Say! I'm an asshole anywhere!"

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
Those denying that domestic terrorists plan to start violence at BLM protests need to read this sworn testimony by Dan.

Dan and the group's members also attended what he described as a Black Lives Matter protest in Detroit. The group went to the protest envisioning a possible gunfight with police if pepper spray was used on protesters, he testified. The group waited in a parking lot but eventually left the protest without incident.

Icetalavista

I will have to notify Coke I’m boycotting them due to their voter suppression efforts. One part of the proposed laws would make it a criminal offense for people to give food or water to people waiting in line to vote. I hope a national boycott is being organized. Interestingly, I read that voters rights groups are speaking with big corporations in Georgia to get the. To opposes such legislation. I don’t know the timing of when the donation was made.

manhn

I will have to notify Coke I’m boycotting them due to their voter suppression efforts. One part of the proposed laws would make it a criminal offense for people to give food or water to people waiting in line to vote. I hope a national boycott is being organized. Interestingly, I read that voters rights groups are speaking with big corporations in Georgia to get the. To opposes such legislation. I don’t know the timing of when the donation was made.

What?!?! Crap, I bought A&W yesterday. I tend to avoid Coke and Sprite anyway, I prefer Pepsi and 7-Up. But I love A&W. But no more!

FiveRinger

What?!?! Crap, I bought A&W yesterday. I tend to avoid Coke and Sprite anyway, I prefer Pepsi and 7-Up. But I love A&W. But no more!
Don't feel bad. I feel your pain. I'm not a big soda drinker, but earlier this week I bought a case each of diet Sunkist Orange and diet A&W Cream. I mix a can each....guilt-free dreamsicle in a glass. That's going to have to last. I won't be buying anymore.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
I think I will write Coke that they are supporting people not buying truckloads of Coke and their products, Dasani water and Smartwater, for voters in line ;)

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
This is so fabulous I didn't believe it at first.

WASHINGTON — Attorneys for former President Donald Trump sent cease-and-desist letters Friday to three Republican organizations asking them to stop using the former president's name and likeness in fundraising appeals and merchandise, a Trump adviser said Saturday.

The letters were sent to the Republican National Committee, the National Republican Congressional Committee and the National Republican Senate Committee — arms of the party tasked with raising money and shaping messaging, among other things, for the midterm elections and beyond.

The committees did not immediately respond to NBC News' request for comment. Politico was first to report the news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information