Insurrectionists and subversives: Trump and his supporters (Thread for all things Trump)

caseyedwards

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
That's very sad. Unfortunately, I don't think the media is going to respect her privacy. It's got to be tough being his daughter - for a number of reasons.
14 is right about the age a lot of kids start becoming more aware of politics, social issues etc...and developing their own opinions that may differ from their parents'.

sk9tingfan

skipaway

Yikes with Ted Cruz’s daughter

The article ends with “Cruz was not home at the time and it’s unknown if he will travel home after the incident “

Cruz made a statement that the press should respect Caroline’s privacy…if I were he, I would have made a statement that I would be going home to my daughter.

Judy

I always feel sorry for kids of politicians. They got thrown into spotlight without their permission and the nature of politics can be so nasty. Not to mention, fourteen isn't usually fun for anyone.
There is this too. Obviously a complex situation. I’m fine with a young girl being protected from media.

Allskate

The article ends with “Cruz was not home at the time and it’s unknown if he will travel home after the incident “

Cruz made a statement that the press should respect Caroline’s privacy…if I were he, I would have made a statement that I would be going home to my daughter.

After essentially using his daughters as his excuse for that Cancun trip fiasco, I hope he makes no comments.

sk9tingfan

The author of the "Don't Say Gay" bill in the Florida ? House, indicted by a DOJ grand jury for fraudulently created bank statements to defraud the Small Business Administration on six counts.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
The author of the "Don't Say Gay" bill in the Florida ? House, indicted by a DOJ grand jury for fraudulently created bank statements to defraud the Small Business Administration on six counts.

They always tell on themselves.

FiveRinger

Nothing surprising, and who's to say? Other documents may be hidden elsewhere.

Exactly. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to hear about documents being destroyed or im some foreign and probably hostile territory.

ETA: Have to take that back. This is the same guy that rips up docs and flushes them.

Dobre

Per this post,

"Russian intelligence agent Andrii Derkach charged with fraud & money laundering connected to Beverly Hills real estate Derkach was sanctioned in 2020 for attempt to interfere in US pres election - helped smear Biden, worked w/Giuliani, Erik Prince, others"

DOJ announcement on the matter:

Dobre

Democrats ramp up investigation of Kushner family business dealings​

Congressional panels seek records about Jared Kushner's diplomatic activities at time when family's New York property was bailed out

"Democrats on a pair of congressional committees have launched an aggressive new effort to obtain information about whether Jared Kushner’s actions on U.S. policy in the Persian Gulf region as a senior White House adviser were influenced by the bailout of a property owned by his family business.

Citing previously undisclosed emails and other documents related to former president Donald Trump’s son-in-law, the committees on Monday night sent letters to the State and Defense departments requesting material that they say could shed new light on whether 'Kushner’s financial conflict of interest may have led him to improperly influence U.S. tax, trade and national security policies for his own financial gain.'

The letters, obtained by The Washington Post, focus on efforts by Kushner and his father, Charles Kushner, to bail out a troubled 41-story Fifth Avenue office building in New York City. The Kushner company in 2018 made a deal with a Canadian company, Brookfield Asset Management, which invested $1.2 billion for a 99-year lease. As a result, the Kushner family company avoided defaulting on a loan that was due the following year.

Democrats have long raised questions about the deal because the Qatar Investment Authority, a sovereign wealth fund, had a stake in one of Brookfield’s investment arms.

Brookfield said when it was negotiating its deal in 2018 that 'no Qatar-linked entity has any involvement in or even knowledge of this potential transaction.' But Democrats have continued probing whether any Qatari money went into the project.

Now, Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) and Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney (D-N.Y.), in their roles as chairs of the Senate Finance Committee and House Oversight Committee, have broadened that inquiry, co-authoring letters to the State and Defense departments. They wrote that they are seeking an array of documents addressing their concerns that Jared Kushner’s role in Middle East policy could have played a role in the bailout."

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
Now, Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) and Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney (D-N.Y.), in their roles as chairs of the Senate Finance Committee and House Oversight Committee, have broadened that inquiry, co-authoring letters to the State and Defense departments.
Unfortunately, the House investigation is sure to be shut down by Republicans when they take over. Investigate the Prince? Never! There are more important things to distract, er, investigate. After all, that non-existent laptop is a thread to planet earth. Yes, non-existent, it’s only a hard drive, that’s been passed through so many different hands it’s useless as any type of evidence.

once_upon

Enough
But can the Senate do investigation of the Kushners?

I certainly don't understand was our elected officials are tasked to do, but both sides of the aisle do a lot of investigations. Do we ever see actionable results as part of them? Or I'd it all for show

skatingguy

But can the Senate do investigation of the Kushners?

I certainly don't understand was our elected officials are tasked to do, but both sides of the aisle do a lot of investigations. Do we ever see actionable results as part of them? Or I'd it all for show
Once an administration is out of office it's primarily for show - unless the hearings are going to result in legislative or administrative changes they are unlikely to lead anywhere, and could potentially impede criminal procedures in some cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information