Insurrectionists and subversives: Trump and his supporters (Thread for all things Trump)

SkateSand

Cat Servant
I’ve been at counter.social from the beginning, same name. I like it for the actual conversations, no trolls, no ads, no tracking.
I've been a member of Counter Social for some time, but I found it difficult to navigate so never bothered further. I figured I will learn how to use it when I have to - which could be sooner than I thought. :p

Allskate

He's the lawyer, I'm not.
I don't think he's saying that Judge Cannon is going to be removed from the case.

The reason that Judge Cannon would no longer be on the case is if the 11th Circuit panel rules in a way that ends the entire civil case. That would be because the facts and law are against Trump. The 11th Circuit may find that the lower court did not even have jurisdiction. Trump might very well appeal such a ruling to the Supreme Court. We'll see what happens. It will be a new panel that hears the appeal, not the panel that granted the stay. And the odds are that the judge who granted the motion to expedite will not be on the panel.

BTW, someone accidentally publicly docketed the list of documents that are "potentially" attorney-client privileged. It looks like most of the documents are not covered by attorney-client privilege. The DOJ really was very generous in terms of isolating documents as "potentially" privileged:

The attorney-client privilege issues appear to be very limited and straightforward. Judge Cannon or a magistrate judge easily could have handled this themselves.

Last edited:

Susan1

I've been a member of Counter Social for some time, but I found it difficult to navigate so never bothered further. I figured I will learn how to use it when I have to - which could be sooner than I thought. :p
The owner of Occupy Democrats is trying to get people to move from Facebook (on their Facebook page??) to Tribel. I don't get it. Do they think people that read Occupy Democrats are so stupid a trumper is going to change their mind? Anybody who negatively comments on an OD post gets shot down already. Are they going to censor (clutching pearls...) every reply they don't like. Can't they do that while they are on facebook? They don't post pro-trump posts. The replies are just stupid, ridiculous lies and bs. I don't follow or post on any republican pages. Why would someone do that, just to spout their opposite view? I know - they are called trolls. So, yeah, we know what they are. I don't follow any cat pages and post about how much I hate cats. Nobody goes on Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund to say they don't like dachshunds.

And now Tribel is advertising to go there instead of Twitter because of Elon Musk and the things he will allow (trump). What's the difference? Don't read it. They already report on everything he puts on his social network. And everything everybody says about him and for him. I didn't join the Miamisburg Democrats page because they are just going to talk about the same things I can see everywhere else (here, OD, MSNBC) and all "like" each other's anti-R posts.

Last edited:

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
It is a bit different from other sites. Too many columns can get confusing. but it is customisable. I’ve set up five columns with what interested me most.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I don't follow or post on any republican pages. Why would someone do that, just to spout their opposite view? I know - they are called trolls. So, yeah, we know what they are. I don't follow any cat pages and post about how much I hate cats. Nobody goes on Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund to say they don't like dachshunds.
I don't know why they do it but I swear there is a group of people who haunt the pages of politicians here in CA just so they can click the :lol: emoji on everything they post. It's weird.

Dobre

Allskate

Trump isn't claiming attorney-client privilege over most of the documents that were identified by the DOJ as "potentially" attorney client-privileged:

But, it is interesting which ones he is claiming privilege for. We know this only because of the mistake in publicly docketing the list of documents:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Trump isn't claiming attorney-client privilege over most of the documents that were identified by the DOJ as "potentially" attorney client-privileged:

But, it is interesting which ones he is claiming privilege for. We know this only because of the mistake in publicly docketing the list of documents:

Did the DOJ make that mistake about the docket?
I wonder what's in those documents that Trump wants to withhold them? Can this hurt the DOJ's case?

Last edited:

sk9tingfan

What if he has already hidden the documents in another country?
That's possible. And it would not surprise me if some of the documents are in Donald Jr.'s, Eric's and Ivanka's homes. Other possibilities: in Trump's luggage from Bedminster back to Mar-A-Lago, etc. Maybe his plane. Saudi Arabia, Russia, etc.

Dobre

Did the DOJ make that mistake about the docket?
If this is the mistake you are discussing, it sounds like the answer is no.

"Those details were made public when the court screwed up Tuesday night and posted a sealed DOJ filing on the public docket, which was quickly caught by Bloomberg reporter Zoe Tillmann."

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
If this is the mistake you are discussing, it sounds like the answer is no.

"Those details were made public when the court screwed up Tuesday night and posted a sealed DOJ filing on the public docket, which was quickly caught by Bloomberg reporter Zoe Tillmann."

The DOJ needs to stop the farce by this judge and indict Trump. Enough already. May be the DIJ us waiting to get more documents that gave not been returned by Trump?

Allskate

It can only help the DOJ if Trump wants to withhold the documents because he isn't supposed to have them.

It's hard to tell from the list just what the supposedly attorney-client privileged content is. Letters between NARA and Trump would not fall under attorney-client privilege. It would get more complicated if Trump had letters from NARA (to him or his attorneys), if they included communications or notes from his attorneys on or with them. If there are draft letters from Trump's attorneys to NARA that his attorneys gave to Trump, the issue gets complicated if the crime-fraud exception could apply for Trump and/or the attorneys. Trump may want to keep these NARA documents from the DOJ because they show what he knew or was telling his attorneys to say about classified and presidential documents. Or, he may be trying not to waive any privilege about the subjects of attorney-client communications.

It appears that some of the documents on the list of documents are personal documents that were intermingled with some of the classified documents. That is helpful in showing Trump's personal knowledge about the classified documents.

Also, it seems like the reason that Trump might want to withhold a few of the documents might be because they may relate to the election and insurrection cases. Without seeing the documents, it's hard to know whether they really are privileged and whether the crime-fraud exception could possibly apply.

There are some others where it is hard to understand how he can assert personal attorney-client privilege like pardon documents.

The DOJ needs to stop the farce by this judge and indict Trump.
The grand jury needs to indict him. But they haven't been able to see the documents because of Judge Cannon. And the DOJ hasn't been able to use the documents to interview others, including those who may have lied on Trump's behalf and may be indicted.

caseyedwards

It's hard to tell from the list just what the supposedly attorney-client privileged content is. Letters between NARA and Trump would not fall under attorney-client privilege. It would get more complicated if Trump had letters from NARA (to him or his attorneys), if they included communications or notes from his attorneys on or with them. If there are draft letters from Trump's attorneys to NARA that his attorneys gave to Trump, the issue gets complicated if the crime-fraud exception could apply for Trump and/or the attorneys. Trump may want to keep these NARA documents from the DOJ because they show what he knew or was telling his attorneys to say about classified and presidential documents. Or, he may be trying not to waive any privilege about the subjects of attorney-client communications.

It appears that some of the documents on the list of documents are personal documents that were intermingled with some of the classified documents. That is helpful in showing Trump's personal knowledge about the classified documents.

Also, it seems like the reason that Trump might want to withhold a few of the documents might be because they may relate to the election and insurrection cases. Without seeing the documents, it's hard to know whether they really are privileged and whether the crime-fraud exception could possibly apply.

There are some others where it is hard to understand how he can assert personal attorney-client privilege like pardon documents.

The grand jury needs to indict him. But they haven't been able to see the documents because of Judge Cannon. And the DOJ hasn't been able to use the documents to interview others, including those who may have lied on Trump's behalf and may be indicted.
No one disputes trump had documents it was illegal for him to have. Why are the documents necessary To indict? They are not. You don’t need a dead body for a murder conviction and you don’t need the documents to indict trump. He can be indicted today. Garland doesn’t want to

Dobre

New Florida records raise more questions about DeSantis’s migrant flights​

The governor's administration had been orchestrating the flights for several months

"In the request for bids to round up migrants to transport across the country, the administration of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) was unequivocal: The winning contractor needed to fly out unauthorized new arrivals found in the state.

The parameters, laid out by the Florida Department of Transportation and disclosed in public records released by the state late Friday, are raising new questions about whether the program violated state protocols when DeSantis officials chartered two planes to fly 48 migrants from San Antonio — far from Florida’s shores — to Massachusetts last month.

The widely criticized political maneuver appeared to operate outside the boundaries of the $12 million program Florida lawmakers authorized in their budget in June to 'facilitate the transport of unauthorized aliens from this state.'

(The program should not exist at all, and the fact that DeSantis couldn't even operate within it is further evidence of that, IMO. FYI, that I looked up a little more information about the "Oregon-based" company that the article says provided the flight; but per this article from Willamette Week, it hasn't operated in Oregon since last fall & converted to being a Florida-based company in 2021. The company's website is out of date, and the Washington Post reporter should had done more research).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information