Insurrectionists and subversives: Trump and his supporters (Thread for all things Trump)

Amy L

Wait, so they didn't root around in Melania's closet for Hunter's laptop while they were there? They could've tried for a twofer, what are you thinking FBI. jeez

Trump: There’s a lot of speculation because of the severity of the FBI raiding Mar-a-Lago, were they looking for the Hillary Clinton emails… Hannity: Wait, you’re not saying you had it Trump: No, they may have thought that it was in there

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Wait, so they didn't root around in Melania's closet for Hunter's laptop while they were there? They could've tried for a twofer, what are you thinking FBI. jeez

He is so freaking stupid. So he thinks they were looking for Hilary's emails at Mar-a-lago? And he said he declassified everything?

This is just getting more and more insane. And you think Fox would have more sense than giving him airtime because he just keeps digging a deeper hole.

Susan1

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry. I mean, come on! Republicans can't be serious about supporting this guy. https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1572764115885772803

"Trump says you can declassify documents by just thinking about it"
If we all concentrate really hard, can we make trump disappear?

He is so freaking stupid. So he thinks they were looking for Hilary's emails at Mar-a-lago? And he said he declassified everything?
It's like some kind of mental illness. If he says "Hillary's emails", all of his blind followers will get stuck on that and ignore everything he did. If trump hid "Hillary's emails" (what, 30,000 all printed out?) at Mar-a-lardo, wouldn't he have already turned them in? Why did he ask Russia to find them? The reason he even got to be president is because Comey "found" those emails 6 years ago and made such a big deal out of them when they turned out to be duplicates or nothing.

Desperate drowning man grasping at straws that don't exist. Just to get his base riled up.

Vagabond

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Also apps like NextDoor.

Though I also avoid the nightly news because there are studies showing it makes people more paranoid than they would be otherwise. I assume this is because of their "if it bleeds, it leads" approach to the news.

I get all my news by reading.

I think that's normal though. Don't we still talk about President Bush and President Obama? Former is only added when it makes sense in the context.

The thread title also says "All things Trump" He was President when this happened. ;)

Personally, I'd put it in the thread about politics and the pandemic, but that's just me.

I read the article and two things stuck out to me. First, they felt the need to refer to AG James as a Democrat. It's stuff like this that increases the partisan divide.

The other is that I am pretty sure we will at some point hear from Trump that he wasn't involved at all, didn't pay attention to the documents he was signing, etc. (IOW, attempt to throw everyone else under the bus.) This defense, of course, completely undermines the idea that he was a successful businessman as successful businessmen know what is going on in their own organization.
Trying to figure out how I got quoted in this thread :confused:
I saw the notification that you quoted a post of mine in this thread and thought to myself "wtf were you doing posting in there" :lol:
But I see it's a post I made in another thread?

Prancer

Aun Aprendo
Staff member
Criminal cases , yes, but this is civil and every one of those take the fifths, can be considered by a jury. He has big loans coming due which is going to be a real problem unless he starts selling property. Cheap.
You think this will be heard by a jury? I find that doubtful and will be really surprised if there isn't a settlement.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
You think this will be heard by a jury? I find that doubtful and will be really surprised if there isn't a settlement.
Possible, but if she really pushes on the ban, Trump may not settle. Of course, it's going to be tied up in the courts for years. How many lawyers does he have now? Fighting multiple fronts in multiple states is a problem, especially given his lawyers are all having to get lawyers. But, Trump manages to get people to give him money to pay his legal expenses which in itself boggles the mind.

once_upon

Believer in woman's right to own healthcare decisi
If I was a business or person leasing/purchasing space in any Trump real estate, I'd be breaking that lease, trying to sell any property and filing a suit ASAP for fraud regarding the value of said space seeking damages.

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
I think that's normal though. Don't we still talk about President Bush and President Obama? Former is only added when it makes sense in the context.
Here context is everything. When Trusty asked about why “the president’s lawyer” didn’t have “need to know,” he was referring to himself in the context of the TS docs. We have one president at a time, and whilst the president’s lawyer may have “need,” a FORMER president’s lawyer does not.
And, discussing the irreparable injury factor for purposes of granting a stay, they once again point out that Trump would not be irreparably injured by a stay because he does not have a possessory interest in the documents and "we find unpersuasive Plaintiff’s insistence that he would be harmed by a criminal investigation. Bearing the discomfiture and cost of a prosecution for crime even by an innocent person is one of the painful obligations of citizenship.”
Andrew Weissman brought up the scenario if this was allowed to stand, then ANYbody under investigation could say they’re being harmed by law enforcement investigations.
Trump was on Fox tonight saying that he could declassify documents simply by thinking about
declassifying them.
Then, I guess Pres Biden did his own thinking and reclassified them?

MacMadame

Doing all the things
So he thinks they were looking for Hilary's emails at Mar-a-lago?
He doesn't. He's making a joke, I think, while also riling up his base. Note: I'm not saying he's smart. Just that even he doesn't believe everything that comes out of his mouth.

I saw the notification that you quoted a post of mine in this thread and thought to myself "wtf were you doing posting in there" :lol:
But I see it's a post I made in another thread?
Sorry! I often have many tabs open at once and sometimes get confused.

Prancer

Aun Aprendo
Staff member
Possible, but if she really pushes on the ban, Trump may not settle.
Well, sure, there are all kinds of possibilities about what might happen. But what is most likely to happen?
Trump already came forward with an offer which I think was so low, Tish James rejected it.
But she has also said that her door is always open, so both parties are apparently open to negotiation. I would expect that there will be a lot of offers and rejections before a deal is made--but I think there will eventually be a deal.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Generally I have no sense of humor about politics but everyonce in while I totally :rofl: about something. Like Josh Hawley putting out a fundraising message against "transgender propaganda" that says he's against teaching young children "there is more than one gender."

oops :rofl:
LOL

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Trump was on Fox tonight saying that he could declassify documents simply by thinking about declassifying them. And he seems to say that thinking about it when sending documents to MAL would work . Gee, I wonder why his attorneys didn't want to submit affidavits about this legal defense to Judge Dearie?

Here's the video:

Who says something like this? And why would someone suggest that he was the one sending the documents to MAL and thinking about declassification when knowledge, intent, and willfulness are important to establishing criminal liability? Stupidity.

Asha Rangappa is calling this the "Secret Telepathic Unilateral Preemptive Irreversible Declassification (S.T.U.P.I.D.) defense." :lol:

Now I believe that we can all roam around the galaxies by simply thinking about it. LOL. I shouldn't be surprised that Trumpists belueve what Trump us saying.

maureenfarone

Trump was on Fox tonight saying that he could declassify documents simply by thinking about declassifying them. And he seems to say that thinking about it when sending documents to MAL would work . Gee, I wonder why his attorneys didn't want to submit affidavits about this legal defense to Judge Dearie?

Here's the video:

Who says something like this? And why would someone suggest that he was the one sending the documents to MAL and thinking about declassification when knowledge, intent, and willfulness are important to establishing criminal liability? Stupidity.

Asha Rangappa is calling this the "Secret Telepathic Unilateral Preemptive Irreversible Declassification (S.T.U.P.I.D.) defense." :lol:

I had no idea we all have that super power!! I'm going to go think about being 10 yrs younger, 5 inches taller, and 50 pounds lighter....OH YEA!

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Going back to the busing migrants subject, I was going to look for this information but it came up in something I was reading. Basically, it addresses the notion that when Abbot or others bus undocumented immigrants (even though that's not who the migrants being transported are) to Washington, D.C. they are sending them where there are no undocumented immigrants and its gosh darn high time Washington D.C. (by which loud mouth politicians and cable TV hosts don't mean the actual city that will use its tax money for services) had to deal with "these people" too.

To that, "The population of Washington, D.C. — one of the cities mentioned by the poll as a destination for the busing program — is 7 percent undocumented in its broader metro area, according to a 2019 Pew Research Center study. That ranked it in the top 10 percent of all metro areas and right alongside many in Texas."

Butt ignorance powers what passes for political "discourse" sometimes in this country.

Susan1

"Asha Rangappa (Fmr FBI Special Agent)

Omg he’s actually invoking the Secret Telepathic Unilateral Preemptive Irreversible Declassification (S.T.U.P.I.D.) defense"

:biggrinbo

caseyedwards

Going back to the busing migrants subject, I was going to look for this information but it came up in something I was reading. Basically, it addresses the notion that when Abbot or others bus undocumented immigrants (even though that's not who the migrants being transported are) to Washington, D.C. they are sending them where there are no undocumented immigrants and its gosh darn high time Washington D.C. (by which loud mouth politicians and cable TV hosts don't mean the actual city that will use its tax money for services) had to deal with "these people" too.

To that, "The population of Washington, D.C. — one of the cities mentioned by the poll as a destination for the busing program — is 7 percent undocumented in its broader metro area, according to a 2019 Pew Research Center study. That ranked it in the top 10 percent of all metro areas and right alongside many in Texas."

Butt ignorance powers what passes for political "discourse" sometimes in this country.
The goal is to make them like a border town or state. Have to deal with a huge rush! Everyone knows there are undocumented everywhere but it’s very different to be a border area

sk8pics

Trump was on Fox tonight saying that he could declassify documents simply by thinking about declassifying them. And he seems to say that thinking about it when sending documents to MAL would work .
This is pretty much the most unbelievable thing I think I’ve ever heard Trump say or at least that I can remember right now.

He doesn't. He's making a joke, I think, while also riling up his base. Note: I'm not saying he's smart. Just that even he doesn't believe everything that comes out of his mouth.
I don’t think he’s stupid and I don’t think he was making a joke. I think he is just pulling anything he thinks of out to wave around and divert attention from his role in all the various things being investigated. I don’t think he’s smart, but I don’t think he’s totally stupid either. I think he says whatever pops into his head and he’s used to people nodding along and then supporting him no matter how stupid it is.

I don’t know how even Hannity could keep a neutral expression with the notion Trump could declassify documents by thinking about it….

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
This is pretty much the most unbelievable thing I think I’ve ever heard Trump say or at least that I can remember right now.

I don’t think he’s stupid and I don’t think he was making a joke. I think he is just pulling anything he thinks of out to wave around and divert attention from his role in all the various things being investigated. I don’t think he’s smart, but I don’t think he’s totally stupid either. I think he says whatever pops into his head and he’s used to people nodding along and then supporting him no matter how stupid it is.

I don’t know how even Hannity could keep a neutral expression with the notion Trump could declassify documents by thinking about it….
He says these things because there are people who are validating his BS because they support him no matter what. People like Hannity have dug themselves such a big hole in their support of Trump there is no way they can backtrack for the fact that it implicates them. And their massive egos won't let them do it either. The only thing they can do is keep on feigning indignation and gaslight to try and make their audience think they must be right because they reasonably cannot justify what they do.

Last edited:

sk9tingfan

First Mar-A-Lago, then Georgia, then New York. Now, Washington, DC. :watch:

Thomas Windom, one of Garland's top guys was there, and is overseeing key elements of the Justice Department’s intensifying investigation into efforts to overturn the 2020 election results, so whatever happened in that courthouse was related to that particular investigation.

once_upon

Believer in woman's right to own healthcare decisi

Chris Hayes did a montages of a particular deal then President Trump made. At first the contract was going to bring 100,000 jobs to the US. Each of the next clips, the job totals kept going up..the final clip had jobs up to 1 million. Of course none of that was true.

Trump just starts with one thing and each time he talks about it, the lies keep inflating. At first the documents belonged to.him, then the documents were not classified, then they were classified but he was allowed to have them, then he unclassified them because he has the right, and so on. To finally this new one - I did it by thinking it.

He can't help himself. I truly think he believes it all.

He has no connection with reality.

Allskate

Judge Dearie's next order on the documents other than the 100+ classified documents explicitly excluded by the 11th Circuit:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763.106.0_1.pdf

It's interesting that Judge Dearie still seems to think that a motion for return of property may need to be dealt with by Judge Reinhart. That may be because he thinks that there will be issues about the reasonableness of the search and seizure and whether the property has evidentiary value due to being found mixed in with documents marked classified. Judge Reinhart has more knowledge than Judge Dearie about why the search warrant called for the seizure of personal property intermingled with the government property.

It's Fox. They'll keep giving him airtime until giving him airtime stops making money. Then Rupert will order Lachlan to drop him.
Yep. It's about viewers and money. Fox doesn't care if it's true. In that same interview, Trump said the U.S. was energy independent when we left office and on the verge of becoming energy "dominant," providing Europe and China with their energy. He and Fox don't care how false that is and the Trumpsters are either gullible and eager to believe his lies or don't care if he lies.

The fundamental problem with that argument is not that you can't declassify documents by just thinking about it, it's that Trump just doesn't think. 🤷‍♂️
He sometimes does think, though it's usually thinking about himself. But, this really was a stupid thing to say. Not just because of the suggestion that he could declassify documents with his brain but because he seemed to suggest that he knowingly sent documents marked classified to MAL and other places. That was not smart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information