Insurrectionists and subversives: Trump and his supporters (Thread for all things Trump)

caseyedwards

Other differences aside--Do the places Biden is sending the migrants know that they are coming? Are they prepared to accept them? Do the migrants have places to go where they will have food and shelter upon arrival? Do the migrants know where they are going and why? Does anyone lie to them to get them on the planes? Does someone assign them to hearings they can't possibly attend?

There is a difference between moving people from one place to another and dumping people somewhere.

As for the New York AG, I hope she has a rock-solid case.
The problem is the only people covering it are torn sources you’d never read! So all the answers are available but of course you wouldn’t read fox New York post or daily mail!

Susan1

Misc.
Rats. They should have had the memorial and then announced trump's trouble.

The trumps are calling Letitia a racist. :rolleyes:
But she shouldn't have mentioned everyone who worked on the case's names at the end of the press conference. trumpers will threaten them.

David Fahrenthold was on shows today. He's the one that did all the reporting on trump scandals in 2016. Oh well.

Is Melania packing yet?

emason

Back in 2016, I started following Tish James because she is smart and tough. IMO, if there's anyone who will take down Trump from a business perspective, it is Tish James
This is why a lot us NYers urged her not to run for governor when she announced those plans; we wanted her to do the job we knew she could - get Trump. We also urged patience when people complained it was taking too long. No, let her dot every I and cross every T and make it stick.

Prancer

Aun Aprendo
Staff member
The problem is the only people covering it are torn sources you’d never read! So all the answers are available but of course you wouldn’t read fox New York post or daily mail!

True about the NYPost and the Daily Mail, maybe about Fox, but why don't you post some links to some legit sources that answer my questions and then we can chat some more about it?

sk9tingfan

Prediction: Jared and Ivanka will soon buy property in Israel, if they haven't already ;)
Two comments:

• If you buy or inherit property in Israel, I believe that you cannot get your money out.
  • The $2 billion that he got from thre Saudis is highly suspect. Let's hope it had nothing to do with divulging Israeli defense capabilities

Allskate

caseyedwards

True about the NYPost and the Daily Mail, maybe about Fox, but why don't you post some links to some legit sources that answer my questions and then we can chat some more about it?
There are none. There is no coverage of bidens flights in New York Times wapo cnn or anywhere “legit”. They do not exist to those outlets

DreamSkates

I think Trump knows very well that he's not president. But I believe that he thinks that the more he claims that he is, things will continue to work out in his favor.
Just like he claims the 2020 election was stolen and people believe him without ANY evidence to date after 60 court cases and multiple state election investigations…. he thinks he can tell Judge Dearie (sp?) that he declassified documents found at his home and the judge is just going to believe him. Not! Judge said it is his to prove he actually declassified them. (It’s easy to find the feds website about how to declassify documents - Trump has no clue).
The Trump family is soon to discover they are not above the law (New York lawsuit) no matter how many millions they pay lawyers.
May Justice be served!

MacMadame

Doing all the things
My advice, stay away from 24 hour news stations (even if you aren't watching them for 24 hours a day). Your mental health will thank you. They are incredibly toxic.
Also apps like NextDoor.

Though I also avoid the nightly news because there are studies showing it makes people more paranoid than they would be otherwise. I assume this is because of their "if it bleeds, it leads" approach to the news.

I get all my news by reading.

ETA: Another thing I noticed is TDFG’s lawyer kept referring him as the “President,“ or President Trump.” At one point was this exchange:
I think that's normal though. Don't we still talk about President Bush and President Obama? Former is only added when it makes sense in the context.

They're not subversives, just garden variety crooks. And not the Trumpy kind.
The thread title also says "All things Trump" He was President when this happened. ;)

Personally, I'd put it in the thread about politics and the pandemic, but that's just me.

Whoa. NY is going after Trump where it's going to hurt
I read the article and two things stuck out to me. First, they felt the need to refer to AG James as a Democrat. It's stuff like this that increases the partisan divide.

The other is that I am pretty sure we will at some point hear from Trump that he wasn't involved at all, didn't pay attention to the documents he was signing, etc. (IOW, attempt to throw everyone else under the bus.) This defense, of course, completely undermines the idea that he was a successful businessman as successful businessmen know what is going on in their own organization.

alexikeguchi

The conservative 11th Circuit has granted the DOJ a stay in the MAL case:

ETA: Here's the full text:

I like this excerpt in the NY Times breaking update:

The Justice Department “argues that the district court likely erred in exercising its jurisdiction to enjoin the United States’ use of the classified records in its criminal investigation and to require the United States to submit the marked classified documents to a special master for review,” a three-judge panel wrote. “We agree.”

The panel consisted of two Trump appointees — Judges Britt Grant and Andrew L. Brasher — and Judge Robin S. Rosenbaum, an Obama appointee.

Me: Burn!

Allskate

Wherever Trump is right now, I think plates are flying. IMO, the best part of this decision by the 11th Circuit is that two of the three judges were appointed by Trump.

The 11th Circuit found that the DOJ is substantially likely to succeed in showing that the district court abused its discretion in even exercising equitable jurisdiction. They politely slam Judge Cannon for recognizing that Trump did not show that the United States acted in callous disregard of his constitutional rights but still finding equitable jurisdiction despite the absence of this "indispensable" factor. It notes that this factor alone would be reason to find no jurisdiction.

But, they say (politely), let us tell you the other ways that Judge Cannon got it wrong when finding jurisdiction. Judge Cannon "made no mention" as to why or how Trump might have an individual interest in or need for the classified documents. "For our part, we cannot discern why Plaintiff would have an individual interest in or need for any of the one-hundred documents with classification markings." They also say that a person may have access to classified information only if, among other requirements, he has a need-to-know the information and this "requirement pertains equally to former Presidents, unless the current administration, in its discretion, chooses to waive that requirement." The court further points out that Trump has not even attempted to show that he has a need to know the information contained in the classified documents and they can't see how he could have an individual interest in or need for any of the one-hundred documents with classification markings. C [So, basically, Trump has shown no right to even access them himself.]

And then there's the 11th Circuit's discussion of classification of documents: "Plaintiff suggests that he may have declassified these documents when he was President. But the record contains no evidence that any of these records were declassified. And before the special master, Plaintiff resisted providing any evidence that he had declassified any of these documents. In any event, at least for these purposes, the declassification argument is a red herring because declassifying an official document would not change its content or render it personal. So even if we assumed that Plaintiff did declassify some or all of the documents, that would not explain why he has a personal interest in them."

And, they say, stigma from prosecution is not a basis for finding irreparable injury to Trump. [So, no special treatment for the FPOTUS.]

The 11th Circuit also says that there would be irreparable harm to the United States absent a stay both because the DOJ needs the documents to do damage assessment and because allowing the special master and Plaintiff’s counsel to examine the classified records would separately impose irreparable harm. (Trusty and Judge Dearie had an exchange about this yesterday with Trusty insisting that, as Trump's attorney, he needs to see the classified documents. Nope.) The 11th Circuit makes it very clear that the there are very significant national security interests. (How does Fox address this?)

And, discussing the irreparable injury factor for purposes of granting a stay, they once again point out that Trump would not be irreparably injured by a stay because he does not have a possessory interest in the documents and "we find unpersuasive Plaintiff’s insistence that he would be harmed by a criminal investigation. Bearing the discomfiture and cost of a prosecution for crime even by an innocent person is one of the painful obligations of citizenship.” [Nope, Mr. former president, no special treatment for you. Let's make that clear again.]

Plus, they say, the public has a strong interest in ensuring that the storage of the classified records did not result in “exceptionally grave damage to the national security.” [In other words, the DOJ needs to make sure that your criminal conduct did not do serious damage to national security.]

So, the 11th Circuit panel stays Judge Cannon's ruling to the extent it enjoins the government’s use of the classified documents and requires the government to submit the classified documents to the special master for review

Last edited:

once_upon

Believer in woman's right to own healthcare decisi
The other is that I am pretty sure we will at some point hear from Trump that he wasn't involved at all, didn't pay attention to the documents he was signing, etc. (IOW, attempt to throw everyone else under the bus.) This defense, of course, completely undermines the idea that he was a successful businessman as successful businessmen know what is going on in their own organization.
Michael Cohen was just interviewed and said that he and Weisselman were given a # and needed to get to that number.

skatingguy

There are none. There is no coverage of bidens flights in New York Times wapo cnn or anywhere “legit”. They do not exist to those outlets

Prancer

Aun Aprendo
Staff member
I don't know why I should be bothered to look since you can't be bothered when it's your own claim, but:

Other non-tabloidy mainstream sources:

There are more if you need them. These are just the ones that came up first.

caseyedwards

I don't know why I should be bothered to look since you can't be bothered when it's your own claim, but:

Other non-tabloidy mainstream sources:

There are more if you need them. These are just the ones that came up first.
Wow it’s so much worse than It seemed. One third of “children” are 17 year old males. This is how brilliant the human traffickers are! Using the laws of America which define a child as under 18 and then flooding the border with 17 year olds! Can you not admire the brilliance and thorough planning going on here! Definitely all the 17 year olds should be deported. Getting them in so they Age out almost immediately?

And US laws stay exactly the same! Even when this info is out for all to see! 1/3 of “children” are 17 year old males who will age out almost immediately.

Prancer

Aun Aprendo
Staff member
Wow it’s so much worse than It seemed. One third of “children” are 17 year old males. This is how brilliant the human traffickers are! Using the laws of America which define a child as under 18 and then flooding the border with 17 year olds! Can you not admire the brilliance and thorough planning going on here! Definitely all the 17 year olds should be deported. Getting them in so they Age out almost immediately?

And US laws stay exactly the same! Even when this info is out for all to see! 1/3 of “children” are 17 year old males who will age out almost immediately.
Pivoting again, are we?

Allskate

Trump was on Fox tonight saying that he could declassify documents simply by thinking about declassifying them. And he seems to say that thinking about it when sending documents to MAL would work . Gee, I wonder why his attorneys didn't want to submit affidavits about this legal defense to Judge Dearie?

Here's the video:

Who says something like this? And why would someone suggest that he was the one sending the documents to MAL and thinking about declassification when knowledge, intent, and willfulness are important to establishing criminal liability? Stupidity.

Asha Rangappa is calling this the "Secret Telepathic Unilateral Preemptive Irreversible Declassification (S.T.U.P.I.D.) defense." :lol:

Last edited:

caseyedwards

Pivoting again, are we?
Back to the original post. I believe you said everyone knew in localities when Biden did a flight. That doesn’t seem to be true. Lots of times no one was informed because they didn’t want to risk exposing the “children” to media scrutiny. So Biden and Desantis and Abbott all do stuff secretly without warning. Biden seems to be hiding “children” who will be mowing a lawn or being a busboy very soon. This is back door “low skill visa” or whatever

Prancer

Aun Aprendo
Staff member
Back to the original post. I believe you said everyone knew in localities when Biden did a flight.
I did not make any such statement. I asked questions. And since you have definitively proven that you can't be bothered to do even basic research in reliable news sources, I will find my own answers and ignore you like everyone else does.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Lots of times no one was informed because they didn’t want to risk exposing the “children” to media scrutiny.
That's not what the article said. From one of the articles:

"It's not secret, and it's not new," said Jennifer Nagda, policy director with the Young Center for Immigrant Children's Rights, a non-profit that works closely with unaccompanied children.

When children and teenagers from Central America cross the border alone, the federal government is required by law to care for them until they're reunited with a sponsor, often a parent or relative, or placed in a network of special shelters around the U.S.

To do that, federal officials sometimes fly those children on charter planes from the border to other parts of the country. For years, this was widely seen as normal, even routine.
So the people who need to know, know they are coming. It's other people who don't know. Personally, I think they should be more transparent about this but I can see why they wouldn't want to publish a list of names of minors every time they have a flight.

caseyedwards

Pivoting again, are we?
Back to the original post. I believe you said everyone knew in localities when Biden did a flight. That doesn’t seem to be true. Lots of times no one was informed because they didn’t want to risk exposing the “children” to media scrutiny. So Biden and Desantis and Abbott all do stuff secretly without warning
That's not what the article said. From one of the articles:

So the people who need to know, know they are coming. It's other people who don't know. Personally, I think they should be more transparent about this but I can see why they wouldn't want to publish a list of names of minors every time they have a flight.
Nobody said anything about their names. The local officials are usually kept in the dark about the flights. They justify it by saying republicans would tell the media who would bring cameras

caseyedwards

I did not make any such statement. I asked questions. And since you have definitively proven that you can't be bothered to do even basic research in reliable news sources, I will find my own answers and ignore you like everyone else does.
Sorry about quoting a question you made and calling it a statement you made lol

Amy L

I'm going to have dinner with my inlaws tomorrow, so at least I'm forewarned about what they'll be obsessively screaming about all night. They aren't inherently dumb people, so the logic pretzels they'll be knotting themselves into will be interesting at the very least. Though I'd prefer it if TFG could be silent, or at least coherent for one blessed day so I could have one semi-normal family dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information