Insurrectionists and subversives: Trump and his supporters (Thread for all things Trump)

Susan1

Fed up Fox host FINALLY gets tough with Trump ON AIR​

Is the tide slowly changing?

Vagabond

This is an ad that the Lincoln Project ran only on Fox and only in Bedminster, NJ where Trump is "summering" at his golf resort. And from a direct response from Trump, it drew blood. 🩸

"You've probably heard this before, but it was smaller than we expected." 😊

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Maybe you didn't. I did see many thinking he would be back, and I imagine if I dig up the elections thread on here, I'll be seeing many over here too. If you don't believe in your own countrymen, it doesn't really matter to me, though. You do you 🤷‍♂️
Yes, many of us were worried that our Electoral College system would give him the win again even though he didn't win the popular vote again. This happened in 2016 and could have happened in 2020. Being worried that a flawed system would give us a flawed president is not the same thing as thinking the majority of the country supports Trump.

Susan1

So he wants to compromise national security to tell people about the documents he stole that could have compromised national security. Figures.

once_upon

Believer in woman's right to own healthcare decisi

So he wants to compromise national security to tell people about the documents he stole that could have compromised national security. Figures.
Truth be told a couple of MSM have also asked.

As I understand it the judge could give one of three rulings:

Deny

Grant limited access, any names or other items redacted

Grant full release.

caseyedwards

Fed up Fox host FINALLY gets tough with Trump ON AIR​

Is the tide slowly changing?
Fox supported Rubio in 2016. It’s top host was Megyn Kelly at the time who fought with trump a lot. Do people think trump won the republican nomination because of Fox or something?

2016 Hannity- Rubio
Kelly- anti trump

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Heard an interesting conspiracy yesterday suggesting documents are buried with Ivana. I am not into conspiracies but Alison Gill was on the Meidas Touch podcast yesterday. She brought up that they had 10 people carry the casket and that they buried her on the estate is pretty suspicious.

It would be interesting if it was true.

Susan1

Truth be told a couple of MSM have also asked.

As I understand it the judge could give one of three rulings:

Deny

Grant limited access, any names or other items redacted

Grant full release.
The MSM just wants a scoop and something to talk about. They are always "guessing" who did and said stuff. And asking questions they know the person can't answer. Names of who carried out the search redacted probably causes the least controversy. They are already being threatened. trump only wants the affidavit released so he can deny it all.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
The MSM just wants a scoop and something to talk about. They are always "guessing" who did and said stuff. And asking questions they know the person can't answer.

That's their job. Why are you criticizing them for doing it? As the WaPo says, democracy dies in darkness.

Dobre

He wants the affidavit released so that he can enact revenge or intimidation on anyone who is reporting evidence about him to the DOJ. And he wants to interrupt their investigation.

----

F.B.I. Interviewed Top White House Lawyers About Missing Trump Documents​

Pat A. Cipollone and Patrick F. Philbin are the most senior people who worked for the former president who are known to have been interviewed in the investigation into his handling of classified material.

Of course, the F.B.I. did. Philbin tried to get Trump to give the documents back to NARA. And of course, Trump refused, claiming that the documents were his.

once_upon

And The Lincoln Project goes after Dr. Oz; so out of touch.... :rolleyes:

I was trying to figure out who puts asparagus on a veggie tray..plus where you might find asparagus that looks that good. Anything around here are tiny spears and about $5-$6 a pound.

He is so out of touch with real people

Susan1

He wants the affidavit released so that he can enact revenge or intimidation on anyone who is reporting evidence about him to the DOJ. And he wants to interrupt their investigation.

----

F.B.I. Interviewed Top White House Lawyers About Missing Trump Documents​

Pat A. Cipollone and Patrick F. Philbin are the most senior people who worked for the former president who are known to have been interviewed in the investigation into his handling of classified material.

Of course, the F.B.I. did. Philbin tried to get Trump to give the documents back to NARA. And of course, Trump refused, claiming that the documents were his.
Yeah, Adam Schiff just said ~that trump is known for witness intimidation.

Excuse # 347 - "Trump is now blaming his former chief of staff, Mark Meadows, for not returning the classified documents he has stolen."

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Heard an interesting conspiracy yesterday suggesting documents are buried with Ivana. I am not into conspiracies but Alison Gill was on the Meidas Touch podcast yesterday. She brought up that they had 10 people carry the casket and that they buried her on the estate is pretty suspicious.

It was the bigliest casket ever. It needed that many people to carry it.

sk9tingfan

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I was hoping this was the Onion -
It's the official Russian News Media so it's basically the Onion. :lol:

Allskate

sk9tingfan

I want one of those stickers. :lol:

I need some comic relief. The polls just closed in Wyoming and they've already called the race for Hageman. Hageman has more than twice as many votes as Cheney. It looks like less than a third of Republicans voted for Cheney. So infuriating. So sad. So embarrassing for Wyoming and the U.S..
Since I've contributed to Fetterman's campaign, I've been offered one. :cheer2:

once_upon

I'm not very optimistic that a civil war will not happen.

However, unlike the other Civil War, there is no state delineation. The last civil war did indeed have brothers fighting brothers, neighbors fighting neighbors, but it did seem you could be in area that could separately be governed. I dont see that happening now.

I do wonder if this experiment of democracy is dying.

Rest of the world - keep documenting what is happening.

BittyBug

Disgusted
I need some comic relief. The polls just closed in Wyoming and they've already called the race for Hageman. Hageman has more than twice as many votes as Cheney. It looks like less than a third of Republicans voted for Cheney. So infuriating. So sad. So embarrassing for Wyoming and the U.S..
And consider that at least some portion of that less than a third of voters who supported Cheney were Democrats who switched registration for the primary.

Allskate

Since I've contributed to Fetterman's campaign, I've been offered one.
Me, too. I decided that, going forward, there were others who need my donations more than Fetterman does because he has a big war chest, but I might make another small donation just to get a sticker for my sister, who detests Trump supporters and does not understand my love of raw carrots and dip. (I can't say that I've ever had raw asparagus, though. :lol: ) Based on some of the e-mails I've received from the Fetterman campaign, I do think he is sharing some of the money he's raised with the DNC, so hopefully other candidates benefit.

And consider that at least some portion of that less than a third of voters who supported Cheney were Democrats who switched registration for the primary.
:(
:mad:
:wuzrobbed

I was watching Cheney's speech and flipped over to Fox just to confirm that they were not showing her speech. Sure enough. They weren't.

She said something in her speech that I somehow had missed learning. Trump leaked the names of some of the FBI agents who executed the search warrant.

Some of what she said in her speech did make me think that she is considering a run for the presidency. Or, maybe I just interpreted that way because I suspect that's her plan.

Last edited:

once_upon

She said something in her speech that I somehow had missed learning. Trump leaked the names of some of the FBI agents who executed the search warrant.
Yes he did. Which lead to several Fox reporters/pundits to call for lowering the "temp" and to respect FBI
Some of what she said in her speech did make me think that she is considering a run for the presidency. Or, maybe I just interpreted that way because I suspect that's her plan.
I think many moderate (ie not cultists) GOP are calling for her to do that. My brother, who has been a Democrat since he was 13 (yes, really) wrote her a letter asking her to consider it.

He definitely has respect for her ethics in this situation. Not that he agrees with her politics or that he would vote for her, but that despite the cost to her career she is doing the right thing

ballettmaus

Since the warrant was first reported on by Breitbart on Friday, the assumption was that Trump leaked it before it was released by DOJ (for whatever reason, maybe he wanted to be first?) And that leaked warrant didn't have the names of the FBI agents redacted. The warrant DOJ released did have them redacted, as far as I know.

Allskate

Since the warrant was first reported on by Breitbart on Friday, the assumption was that Trump leaked it before it was released by DOJ (for whatever reason, maybe he wanted to be first?) And that leaked warrant didn't have the names of the FBI agents redacted. The warrant DOJ released did have them redacted, as far as I know.
The version released by the court had the names redacted. I knew that a handful of Republican politicians had urged other Republican politicians to be more restrained re the FBI, but I didn't realize that it was because Trump had leaked it to Brieitbart.

Given the law as well as the possible consequences, including danger to witnesses and the affiant, I think it is extremely unlikely that the court is going to unseal the affidavit. I think Trump knows that and is demanding that it be unsealed so that he can pretend that there is some rogue political conspiracy to get baselessly go after him. He probably would like to get access to it to try to intimidate witnesses and undermine the investigation without the public getting access to it. It would be kind of funny if the court unsealed only portions (without names) of the multiple efforts to obtain documents, including documents posing a threat to national security, without details. It also would be interesting if the Court ordered Trump and his team not to reveal the names of any other agents or witnesses to the public due to safety issues.

Louis

Private citizen

Liz Cheney is an opportunist, same as the others. She’s just pursing a different opportunity in this instance.

I think many moderate (ie not cultists) GOP are calling for her to do that. My brother, who has been a Democrat since he was 13 (yes, really) wrote her a letter asking her to consider it.

He definitely has respect for her ethics in this situation. Not that he agrees with her politics or that he would vote for her, but that despite the cost to her career she is doing the right thing

Republicans are no more likely to nominate Cheney than the Dems are to nominate Sinema or Manchin. Cheney is unlikely to pull any true crossover voters - people like your son may hate her less but won’t actually vote for her, and she’ll lose far more than she gains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information