Insurrectionists and subversives: Trump and his supporters (Thread for all things Trump)

Barbara Manatee

This guy usually has good insights -

ComprisedHat

@Popehat

/13 Anyway, the warrant his hugely, historically significant. The feds do not seek search warrants lightly. It's a very major commitment to the case, an indication that they believe they have evidence that they think may well lead to indictment.

/14 A search doesn't ensure they will charge Trump -- or anyone --but it suggests they've found the political will to do so if necessary and overcome any policy or legal theory reasons not to move forward. The very unlikely (Trump being charged) has become fully plausible.

/17 The other thing about searching for misappropriated documents is the lapse of time from 1/20/21 until now. One thing federal magistrates tend to scrutinize is "what's the evidence that these items are at the location NOW." So they'd have to have some fresh intel.

/19 The more I think about it, the more I suspect recent, highly actionable intelligence, possibly from a cooperator, drove this and its timing. The need for freshness -- proof that the evidence is there NOW -- is key.

Judy

From Maggie Haberman: " the search related to the 15 boxes of material Trump took to MAL last year, per 3 sources"

The link goes to NYT, which I don't have a subscription to, but Maggie is the person who just posted photos of documents in toilets so it seems like these incidents are related to the FBI raid today.

Vagabond

From Maggie Haberman: " the search related to the 15 boxes of material Trump took to MAL last year, per 3 sources"

The link goes to NYT, which I don't have a subscription to, but Maggie is the person who just posted photos of documents in toilets so it seems like these incidents are related to the FBI raid today.
I am gifting this link: https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/0...05R4K8hKwiiulKc9_G4Cv-sfHXHjuP&smid=url-share

It will be accessible for the next two weeks.

The Feds had to have a CI who gave them key information. Somebody always tells.
Melania? :unsure:

sk9tingfan

Last edited:

Allskate

Rachel Maddow reported that some of the stolen documents are so sensitive and classified, they cannot be listed in an inventory report.
Alemany has amazing sources. I'm not sure it's a good thing that the FBI is providing her with this information. But, at least it appears that she does not know what the highly sensitive information is that could endanger the security of the U.S..

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
The violent rhetoric on pro-Trump social media spaces are apparently as bad today as they were immediately before 1/6. Trump will use that anger to grift $$$$$ for as long as possible.
Absolutely. Just becomes another money making exercise.

Vagabond

In all seriousness, I wonder if the 1/6 Committee had anything to do with this. We know they wanted these documents. Is there a chance that they will get access to them before the next hearings in September?
The New York Times is reporting that the 1/6 Committee wants to know more about the search before commenting.

On the other hand, I would not be surprised if the search warrant goes beyond the documents related to the 15 boxes. This could be their one shot at searching Mar-a-Lago (Bedminster might be on the to-do list for tomorrow), so the Department may have sought judicial permission to search for anything related to any of its ongoing investigations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information