Insurrectionists and subversives: Trump and his supporters (Thread for all things Trump)

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Thank you for trying, @BittyBug. It says to sign up for a free trial. (I'm not going to do that because I will forget to un-sign up, but it is an option for people).
I signed up for one. They send you an invoice to continue to access and you can just ignore it.

I wish they were all like that!

Vagabond

It turned out that the generals had rules, standards, and expertise, not blind loyalty. The President’s loud complaint to John Kelly one day was typical: “You f****** generals, why can’t you be like the German generals?”

“Which generals?” Kelly asked.

“The German generals in World War II,” Trump responded.

“You do know that they tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled it off?” Kelly said.

But, of course, Trump did not know that. “No, no, no, they were totally loyal to him,” the President replied. In his version of history, the generals of the Third Reich had been completely subservient to Hitler; this was the model he wanted for his military. Kelly told Trump that there were no such American generals, but the President was determined to test the proposition.
This is the same Donald Trump that some people here in PI unapologetically voted for not just once, but twice and have even indicated that they would vote for again.

caseyedwards

Good. This isn’t controversial. More than 50% of America believed trump was illegally made president by putin. There was never any respect for trump by vast majority. Polls showed most wanted trump in prison by June 2017

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Trump just reported that the raiding team broke into his safe.... :watch:
He has issued a statement

Starts off with "These are dark times for our Nation ....." :rofl:

Tiktok is going to have a field day. Can't wait.

sk9tingfan

He has issued a statement

Starts off with "These are dark times for our Nation ....." :rofl:
Going to watch Rachael Maddow tonight on MSNBC as well as Lawrence O'Donnell. I hope they have Andrew Weissmann on. He worked for DOJ for years and was on the Mueller team.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Barbara Mcquade says on Msnbc that a search warrant means a judge approved it, for specifics things.

Last edited:

Allskate

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1556776156128591873
In statement, former President Trump says FBI is raiding Mar-a-Lago
One of the things that is so crazy and sad about this is that we can't even guess what the reason is for the search. There are so many options! The fake electors? The insurrection? Other election issues? Tax evasion? Improper use of classified information or improper use of his office for financial gain? Something else?

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
One of the things that is so crazy and sad about this is that we can't even guess what the reason is for the search. There are so many options! The fake electors? The insurrection? Other election issues? Tax evasion? Improper use of classified information or improper use of his office for financial gain? Something else?
Could be all of these.

caseyedwards

Hal Sparks is covering Fox News' response. Oh boy they are losing their sh*t.

Of course Hunter's laptop gets a mention.
Well trump is going to be in jail and hunter Biden isn’t and there is nothing they can do about it

Mcconnel and McCarthy: strongly supportive of fbi actions

Aussie Willy

Dan Bongino is also losing his sh*t on Fox. And of course Hilary and Hunter get a mention. Hunter doing crack on tape.

Judy

I’m gleeful.

This might be the reason: Earlier this year former top FBI official Frank Figliuzzi at MSNBCnoted a federal grand jury was impaneled to investigate “the handling of 15 boxes of classified White House documents that were squirreled away at Mar-a-Lago.”

Is that even legal to remove those documents?

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I hate the news anchors who are desperate to say something when they don't know what's happening. I normally like Jason Johnson, but he was asking the dumbest questions of his spur of the moment guest scramble. I get each news program is frantically trying to find out what and why, but they are going to have to wait.

And, if it's about the documents, gotta wonder what he took that the DOJ says we have to get it now. I hope the judge who signed the warrant can stay anonymous given the wacko people who were at CPAC.

In answer to @Judy, no, it is not legal. He commited a crime.

sk9tingfan

Dan Bongino is also losing his sh*t on Fox. And of course Hilary and Hunter get a mention. Hunter doing crack on tape.
i refuse to listen to the scum who call themselves the news/reporters on Fox because they make me sick. You're brave. When Nixon was president, I had a visceral reaction to and antipathy towards him; he was a relative choirboy next to Trump, his acolytes and followers.

Allskate

This might be the reason: Earlier this year former top FBI official Frank Figliuzzi at MSNBCnoted a federal grand jury was impaneled to investigate “the handling of 15 boxes of classified White House documents that were squirreled away at Mar-a-Lago.”

It's not legal to remove them. That's why they would be able to show probable cause and get a search warrant. And if they happen to find evidence of other crimes in those documents they can use that information.

Cachoo

I’m gleeful.

Nope. And maybe they are retrieving that paperwork. Maybe they’ll find a pee tape too.

Aussie Willy

i refuse to listen to the scum who call themselves the news/reporters on Fox because they make me sick. You're brave. When Nixon was president, I had a visceral reaction to and antipathy towards him; he was a relative choirboy next to Trump, his acolytes and followers.
Hal Sparks is covering it and taking the p*ss out of them. I wouldn't watch otherwise. His little fart machine is working overtime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information