Insurrectionists and subversives: Trump and his supporters (Thread for all things Trump)

ballettmaus

Regardless of what the law allows, you have a choice to use that law. Using it under these circumstances is really disgusting.
And I'm pretty sure I acknowledged that. But this is what I've come to expect from Trump. Also, he's not the only person in the world who'd do that. Doesn't change the fact that it's disgusting, I just think it's not always only him (as much as I would like it to be, that would make so many things so much easier). He gets blamed for exploiting the law, New Jersey gets the blame for having it and if they don't change it, they get blamed for that, too.

KCC

I think Trump gave every large business owner a way to avoid taxes. Can auto manufacturers, oil refineries, banks, computer-based companies and other businesses create mini cemeteries on their property to avoid taxes? What makes a golf course so special?

once_upon

Believer in woman's right to own healthcare decisi
I believe, but haven't read through all the legalese, for cemeteries to be eligible for tax exempt status in Florida, that the property's primary purpose is to be a cemetery and not be used for other monetary purposes.

I believe the properties in New Jersey have not been approved for cemetery use (maybe one, but that is undetermined from articles i read). I believe, but am not certain, that using it as a duel purpose-mausoleum and wedding venue does not meet the NJ limitations as voted by the property boards?

I'm sure his shyster lawyers didn't fully explain the laws to him.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I think Trump gave every large business owner a way to avoid taxes. Can auto manufacturers, oil refineries, banks, computer-based companies and other businesses create mini cemeteries on their property to avoid taxes? What makes a golf course so special?

AFAIK zoning is a local/municipal issue. If a property is zoned for a certain use, the property owner can apply for a zoning variance, but they have to make a case as to why the variance should be granted - community improvement, more housing, won't disturb the neighbours, whatever. And then it's up to the city or municipal government to decide whether to grant the variance. So I would hope that this case wouldn't set any precedents for anyone and everyone to turn their property into a cemetery.

I don't know what else is near Bedminster golf course, but I remember a couple of cases around here where superstitious homeowners didn't want cemeteries near them to expand, because they didn't want to live next door to dead people. I would guess that since cemeteries are kind of unusual properties (at least for anyone not named Trump), zoning boards are going to be extra careful about where cemeteries are allowed, or where new ones are located.

Reactions: KCC

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
"Mister Trump owns many properties around the world." No, he doesn't, his creditors own most of them :lol:
Or conned people into paying him money to plaster his name all over their stuff.
I'm sure his shyster lawyers didn't fully explain the laws to him.
From what I’ve seen of his lawyers, it’s more likely they don’t understand the laws themselves.

Dobre

Update on civil lawsuits brought by Capitol Police and members of Congress:

Judge rejects Trump effort to toss lawsuits accusing him of Jan. 6 conspiracy

"'To deny a President immunity from civil damages is no small step,' Mehta wrote. 'The court well understands the gravity of its decision. But the alleged facts of this case are without precedent, and the court believes that its decision is consistent with the purposes behind such immunity.'

----

The Arizona Attorney General has determined that dead voters were not a problem in the 2020 Arizona election.

-Of 282 voters reported as dead in one complaint, only 1 was dead at the time of the election.
-The state also investigated 409 voters in another complaint, and 5,943 registrants in another.

Turns out dead people voting was not a big problem. What da ya know:rolleyes:.

VALuvsMKwan

Wandering Goy

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
The clips of the court are popping up over Facebook. The lawyer for the parents is just relishing his opportunity to get Jones for being the POS that he is. When he revealed the text messages he gave a gotcha laugh.

The judge is also not putting up with his crap either and called him out for lying under oath.

And yet every time he is out of the court, he is still lying, gaslighting, projecting, deflecting and show what a narcissistic a-hole he is. And even when one of the parents was on the stand, he was on his show making comments about his intellectual capacity. Jones commented that the man was slow and probably on the spectrum.

When the other parent was looking straight at Jones and telling him what damage he had done to her, Jones is shaking his head, again deflecting from what he has done.

I hope the parents get every cent they ask for and that Jones goes to jail.

sk9tingfan

The clips of the court are popping up over Facebook. The lawyer for the parents is just relishing his opportunity to get Jones for being the POS that he is. When he revealed the text messages he gave a gotcha laugh.

The judge is also not putting up with his crap either and called him out for lying under oath.

And yet every time he is out of the court, he is still lying, gaslighting, projecting, deflecting and show what a narcissistic a-hole he is. And even when one of the parents was on the stand, he was on his show making comments about his intellectual capacity. Jones commented that the man was slow and probably on the spectrum.

When the other parent was looking straight at Jones and telling him what damage he had done to her, Jones is shaking his head, again deflecting from what he has done.

Just like Steve Bannon and Roger Stone.

sk9tingfan

Maybe Ari Melber who does a 6 PM show on MSNBC will be made available. Melber with one reporter who has followed Info Wars and QANON and the danger they pose, did about 10 minutes of analysis with embedded content. If it is available, I will post it.

Dobre

Dobre

Somebody is scared out of his looney tuney mind.

once_upon

Believer in woman's right to own healthcare decisi
Re: Alex Jones emails/texts logs. Sandy Hook parents lawyer informed Jones lawyers they had sent him the files and gave the lawyers the 10 days to recall them. Which they did not.

I wonder if the lawyers intentionally accidentally sent them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information