Insurrectionists and subversives: Trump and his supporters (Thread for all things Trump)

sk9tingfan

A couple living in Hawaii and other parts of the US were picked up for being suspected of being Russian spies planted in the U.S. For decades. They took the identities of children who were born in the US and died as babies, applying for social security cards. The husband worked for the Coast Guard and the wife worked as a US government contractor. :eek: :angryfire

sk9tingfan

Last edited:

Vagabond

It should have been directed to the original poster who accused me of being politically incorrect, @Vagabond .
I did nothing of the sort. I said, "Welcome to PI," PI being shorthand for the name of this subforum, which is "Politically Incorrect." This was explained to you in the very post to which you replied, but you must not have understood what you were reading.

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
You must be new to P.I. :shuffle:

Please excuse my ignorance. P.I.?

P.I. is this forum - Politically Incorrect.

I'm not being politically insensitive/incorrect. I'm posting an article about an academic study from a juried scientific journal. It's not being pulled from an orifice. There have been other scientific studies that explain about the possibility about being wired differently from a neurological perspective.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/...eral-brains-might-have-some-real-differences/
Here’s the sequence. @maureenfarone was not accusing you of being politically incorrect. They were telling you that “P.I.” is shorthand for the name of this forum, “Politically Incorrect.” That’s all.

jenny12

ballettmaus

More Dr. Oz news: a secret apartment in NJ and his ties to groups that deny ethnic cleansing in Turkey. Fetterman might have a field day with this one

This is why I have mixed feelings about allowing someone with dual citizenship to serve in government.

As an immigrant, I understand the desire to keep both citizenships as they are both part of your identity. But I think that exactly is the problem. If you're unwilling to give up the second citizenship then that's because you still have strong feelings about that country and you may not be able to make a decision based on US interests only when you need to but you may end up wondering about the effect on the second country as well, even if subconsciously.
I think that if you're in a decision making position (Congress, SCOTUS, Cabinet) and push comes to shove, everyone needs to be able to be sure that you're putting US interests first. (Granted, there are several members of Congress who put their own interests first but that's another matter).

ETA: I don't know if Turkey lets you give up citizenship (I know Iran doesn't) but he obviously still has ties to Turkey that are stronger than a passport he can't get rid of. (And citizenship that you can't give up is a problem that would have to be solved if there were a rule that you can't hold dual citizenship to serve in Congress/SCOTUS/Cabinet).

Last edited:

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
This is why I have mixed feelings about allowing someone with dual citizenship to serve in government.

As an immigrant, I understand the desire to keep both citizenships as they are both part of your identity. But I think that exactly is the problem. If you're unwilling to give up the second citizenship then that's because you still have strong feelings about that country and you may not be able to make a decision based on US interests only when you need to but you may end up wondering about the effect on the second country as well, even if subconsciously.
I think that if you're in a decision making position (Congress, SCOTUS, Cabinet) and push comes to shove, everyone needs to be able to be sure that you're putting US interests first. (Granted, there are several members of Congress who put their own interests first but that's another matter).

ETA: I don't know if Turkey lets you give up citizenship (I know Iran doesn't) but he obviously still has ties to Turkey that are stronger than a passport he can't get rid of. (And citizenship that you can't give up is a problem that would have to be solved if there were a rule that you can't hold dual citizenship to serve in Congress/SCOTUS/Cabinet).
It’s not really the dual citizenship. It’s that Mehmet Oz is a phony, a liar, a snake oil salesman, is unqualified for any office. Of course, he is a guy who votes in Turkiye’s elections, lives in NJ, and wants to be senator from PA. Maybe three citizenships might be a bit much?

sk9tingfan

When is Fox and Tucker Carlson going to be held accountable for lies? Does someone have to be seriously hurt or murdered for it to happen? Here is Eric Swalwell's eye-popping Twitter feed:

Eric Swalwell
@ericswalwell

US House candidate, CA-14
Fox News wants me and my staff physically harmed. Here’s how they do it 🧵

This week
@JesseBWatters
and
@TuckerCarlson
lied and said I traveled to Paris and stayed at the Ritz with my staff. They showed pictures of two staff members who they claimed were on the trip. 1/3

I have been to France since 2015. The staffers whose pictures they showed did not travel to France. I zoomed into a an event with Democrats living abroad. Our campaign covered the costs. But Tucker & Jesse don’t care. And then the death threats flood in. 2/3

To protect me/family/staff against Fox News inspired death threats we hire security. Then Fox News attacks us for spending money on security measures & death threats pour in. Repeat. This is intended to bring harm to me/family/staff. Or see me silenced. That’s not happening.END🧵

sk9tingfan

Talk about chutzpa!

Reminds me of the time one of my reporting analysts was being stalked by a former boyfriend. By the time i was informed this was going on, the entire operation was intercepting his calls (we had an automatic call distributor and it could be programmed). He finally got so frustrated that he threatened to bomb the building! Because of the call distributor, we had recordings and source number and he was brought to trial. But that wasn't the end of it. He called from the prison pay phone and threatened us again!

skipaway

It’s not really the dual citizenship. It’s that Mehmet Oz is a phony, a liar, a snake oil salesman, is unqualified for any office. Of course, he is a guy who votes in Turkiye’s elections, lives in NJ, and wants to be senator from PA. Maybe three citizenships might be a bit much?
I still wonder what Oprah thinks of him, given that she gave him his celebrity status

Dobre

Georgia GOP chair appears before Atlanta-area grand jury in election probe​

Criminal Complaint Filed Against Trump’s Saudi Golf Tourney-Hosting Resort After Presidential Seal Spotted on Course

When is Fox and Tucker Carlson going to be held accountable for lies?
Fingers crossed that the Dominion suit takes a giant chunk out of their hide.

sk9tingfan

Georgia GOP chair appears before Atlanta-area grand jury in election probe​

Criminal Complaint Filed Against Trump’s Saudi Golf Tourney-Hosting Resort After Presidential Seal Spotted on Course

Fingers crossed that the Dominion suit takes a giant chunk out of their hide.

Good, but problematic.
Last evening, Lawrence O'Donnell was discussing the fact that even if Trump was convicted, they would either suspend the any jail time because the Secret Service agents who protect him would have to go to prison with him. They would probably put him on house arrest with the agents acting as him jailers.

O'Donnell went onto to say that the civil suit brought by the eight Congressional police, if won, would be far more injurious by bankrupting Trump. The problem is that the rubes would continue to support him financially.

caseyedwards

Good, but problematic.
Last evening, Lawrence O'Donnell was discussing the fact that even if Trump was convicted, they would either suspend the any jail time because the Secret Service agents who protect him would have to go to prison with him. They would probably put him on house arrest with the agents acting as him jailers.

O'Donnell went onto to say that the civil suit brought by the eight Congressional police, if won, would be far more injurious by bankrupting Trump. The problem is that the rubes would continue to support him financially.
No way. Why wouldn’t he just be kept in solitary confinement 24/7? Like other prisoners who are likely to be killed

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information