Insurrectionists and subversives: Trump and his supporters (Thread for all things Trump)

Dobre

"And .... here they are: the pages from former SecDef @MarkTEsper's book describing how Trump wanted to bomb Mexico and lie about it."

----

"OAN had to recently run this on-air acknowledgement that they reached a settlement with 2 Georgia election workers they falsely accused of engaging in ballot fraud in the 2020 election."

sk9tingfan

What other nefarious methods will they employ to subvert voting? they should have been prosecuted as well.

Yazmeen

All we are saying, is give peace a chance
The Republicans in PA are now starting to panic a bit about our race for governor; Mastriano is a massive MAGA Trumper and was at the January 6th insurrection and has been called to testify. He didn't go into the Capitol, but was right at the steps while trying to claim he and his wife didn't get that close and immediately left the area when things turned violent.

"Republican rival Doug Mastriano has emerged in the polls as the frontrunner with Barletta at times a distant second. Fears are rising within party ranks that if Mastriano were to win the nomination, he would lose by double digits to [PA Attorney General Josh] Shapiro.

Party insiders met earlier in the week to discuss the idea of coalescing around an alternative to Mastriano in hopes of heading off a victory for the far-right senator from Franklin County."

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Breaking News: Federal prosecutors have begun a grand jury investigation into whether classified White House documents that ended up at Donald Trump’s Florida home were mishandled, according to two people briefed on the matter.

The fact that they ended up in FL in a private citizen's home is the very definition of "mishandled." :lol:

FLASH: House Select Jan 6 Committee subpoenas House GOP leader Kevin McCarthy, Rep Jim Jordan (R-OH), Rep Scott Perry (R-PA), Rep Mo Brooks (R-AL), Rep Andy Biggs (R-AZ) as part of its growing investigation

Now we know why so many GOPers in Congress were against the committee.

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
What other nefarious methods will they employ to subvert voting? they should have been prosecuted as well.

Republican accusations are confessions.

Dobre

Justice Dept. Widens Jan. 6 Inquiry to Range of Pro-Trump Figures​

Federal prosecutors have been seeking documents and testimony about the fake electors scheme and the planning for the rally just before the storming of the Capitol.

"One of the subpoenas, which was reviewed by The New York Times, sought information about people “classified as VIP attendees” at Mr. Trump’s Jan. 6 rally.

It also sought information about members of the executive and legislative branches who had been involved in the “planning or execution of any rally or any attempt to obstruct, influence, impede or delay” the certification of the 2020 election.

And it asked about the effort by Trump supporters to put forward alternate slates of electors as Mr. Trump and his allies were seeking to challenge the certification of the Electoral College outcome by Congress on Jan. 6.

Another person briefed on the grand jury investigation said at least one person involved in the logistics of the Jan. 6 rally had been asked to appear."

Meoima

Due to work, I was working with some old footages in which Trump talked disrespectfully about NFL players, I almost vomited. I know most politicians are not loved and they all have some shady stuff going on, but still how could anyone in the right mind idolize such a scumbag as Trump? Everything from his tone and his wording make me disgusted. Can they do something to throw him in jail or stop him from running for re-election again? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
The Democrats have been trying for years to make Trump accountable for all his crimes. Somehow we can't get there. I don't believe he will ever be held accountable. That's what will get him the candidacy.

I think he will be held accountable. I get the sense that the Jan 6 Committee has lots of damning information about him, and are collecting more as time goes by. And they will build a strong basis for any accusations they make.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Oh, I forgot "or are grifters" :lol:

I think he will be held accountable. I get the sense that the Jan 6 Committee has lots of damning information about him, and are collecting more as time goes by. And they will build a strong basis for any accusations they make.
People complain about how long it's taking but Trump has wiggled out of being held accountable for so much bad behavior, let alone actual crimes that I want them to have an airtight case! AIRTIGHT.

once_upon

Vaccinated
They are running out of time. Republicans know that. They refuse to comply with subpoena, going into court cases, probably needing to reach SC - where we know they rule in favor of Republicans?

Amy L

Why? What deadline is there that has to be met?

If the Democrats get shellacked in midterms and lose the majority, I expect the Jan 6 committee to be disbanded and the members censured. That won't immediately stop the DOJ but there will be as many roadblocks put in the way as they can manage.

once_upon

Vaccinated
If the Democrats get shellacked in midterms and lose the majority, I expect the Jan 6 committee to be disbanded and the members censured. That won't immediately stop the DOJ but there will be as many roadblocks put in the way as they can manage.
This

sk9tingfan

NYT, just now: "The Justice Department has asked the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack for transcripts of interviews it is conducting….The move…is the clearest sign yet of a wide-ranging inquiry at the Justice Department."

:cheer2:
The 1/6 Commission just rejected the request saying that this is still an active investigation. There must be something important they want to keep under wraps before releasing any information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information