Insurrectionists and subversives: Trump and his supporters (Thread for all things Trump)

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Saw this on Rachel last night -

"To stop somebody from throwing pineapples, tomatoes, bananas, stuff like that, yeah,” he replied. “It’s dangerous stuff.”

Apparently, there were a lot of dangerous fruit jokes on late night shows.

:respec:

ETA - I was still reading the articles. This one is funnier. Transcript link included. (I just can't.............)
That was hilarious. Surprising he didn't mention the can form of fruit like tomato.

once_upon

Vaccinated
Trump was supposed to have a rally this evening in Nebraska. Parking opened at 6 am, gates opened at 3 pm, he was scheduled to speak at 8 pm. Some people had even camped out since Thursday afternoon. People were already let in.

At 3:01 pm Trump emailed a statement that the event was going to be postponed due to severe weather threat.

We left for Colorado on Thursday, the weather people had been predicting severe dangerous weather for tonight since then Wednesday. He cancels after the gates open? By email? I don't think he was even in Nebraska at that time.

He supposedly has rescheduled for Sunday evening.

Susan1

allezfred

Lipinski Stole My Catchphrase
Staff member
Musk has made an offer to buy Twitter. The deal hasn’t gone through unless I am unaware of something…

ballettmaus

I think that's naive.
Remember, I grew up in Germany. From what I can tell, schools are set up in a very different way. (I believe curriculums are set by area or statewide department heads and there's also a broad national curriculum especially when it comes to the later grades).

If you don't think they pursue political agendas, you should attend some School Board meetings. And some City Council meetings.
If you say that, doesn't that mean that Republicans are right when they accuse teachers of bringing political ideas to the classroom?

Our Police Department, in particular, is very political. They send out Press Releases and have a newsletter where they reframe everything they do in a political way. It's not just publishing the Police Blotter without commentary.
That does not sound right. (As in like it should be). But it explains why minorities are so distrustful of the police.

If the party situation were reversed, I have no doubt the GQPers would have taken care of it by now. Look, I'm all for the January 6 committee, but nothing has come of it. The Dems have to step it up and get it done... NOW.
I think Democrats needed to televise the hearings during primetime. The two impeachments and Jan 6 committee needed to be treated like Watergate from Democrats and the media. The impeachment hearings were televised but I think the both-sideism got in the way of the media coverage.
I believe holding the Jan 6 hearings behind closed doors was/is a mistake.

I do understand that Democrats don't want to make a spectacle of things. Republicans are doing enough of that and, in my opinion, aren't receiving enough media criticism for it (they're behavior during public hearings is a disgraced and makes a mockery of their position and the government and it they should be called out for it every chance the media gets). But I think if Democrats want to have a chance at capturing voters' attention, it needs to be a spectacle.

I keep saying, Democrats are too nice for their own good. They seem to want to balance out the erosion of norms and they want to fight for civility and kindness because it's already ugly enough out there. I understand that as well and I can also appreciate it. The problem is, it makes it look like they're bringing a letter opener to a gunfight. And they can't count on fair reporting because "both sides". (I recently came across this tweet from 2016 from someone who was asked to compare Clinton's and Trump's economic plans https://twitter.com/adamdavidson/status/1517880051513057282 It's what's wrong with the media in a nutshell).

Last edited:

Dobre

Judge rejects Trump bid to end $10,000-a-day contempt fine​

The ex-president is being fined $10,000 a day for failing to answer a subpoena.

"The judge's ruling said that "the affirmations submitted by counsel for Mr. Trump are insufficient in that they fail to specify who searched for each respective request, at what time, where, and using what search protocols; it is not sufficient simply to attach a list of people who participated in the searches."

"Furthermore," said the ruling, "Mr. Trump's personal affidavit ... fails to state where he kept his files, how his files were stored in the regular course of business, who had access to such files ... and, importantly, where he believes such files are currently located."

(I'll take "down the drain" for $200, Alex).

MacMadame

Doing all the things
If you say that, doesn't that mean that Republicans are right when they accuse teachers of bringing political ideas to the classroom?
A board meeting isn't a classroom. And teachers often aren't there. So I'm not sure what you mean.

My own opinion is that you can't keep opinions or values out of teaching. Every time you teach, you are communicating these things. Good teachers don't blast their opinions all over because they want to give their students space to figure out their own opinions; they concentrate on the thought processes as a way to teach critical thinking skills. Not all teachers are good at this and even the good ones communicate opinions and values just by what they choose to include in a lesson and what they leave out. Even how they layout their classrooms and what they put on the walls.

So many times, the complaint isn't that the teacher is interjecting their own opinions (i.e., politics) into things but that those opinions are the wrong ones. So if a female teacher has a picture of their husband/boyfriend on their desk, that's okay. But if it's a picture of their wife/girlfriend, then that's 'grooming.'

It's the same with the curriculum. If someone doesn't think races should mix and the math book has pictures of a family with a Black parent and a white parent baking along with a word problem about dividing food, they aren't going to be okay with that textbook and claim it's CRT. The rest of us wouldn't bat an eye because we're fine with inter-racial couples.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
On a completely different note, is anyone surprised by this:

Trump grand jury ending in N.Y. with no charges against ex-president​

Manhattan DA says probe isn’t over, but people familiar with the situation cite concerns about witnesses

Dobre

Also there's this:

"Alex Jones is currently negotiating cooperation with the DOJ regarding January 6. An anonymous donor just gave Jones $1 million worth of Bitcoin. Who is the donor? Is this witness tampering or obstruction of justice?"

Why Did An Anonymous Donor Give Alex Jones $1 Million in Bitcoin?​

caseyedwards

On a completely different note, is anyone surprised by this:

Trump grand jury ending in N.Y. with no charges against ex-president​

Manhattan DA says probe isn’t over, but people familiar with the situation cite concerns about witnesses

It’s not surprising! It’s perfectly in line with the actions of Garland as well. Why would any democrat put a Republican who Biden beat and will beat again in prison? If you put trump in jail you are risking the democrats hold on the White House as trump is likely to run again and be the republicans nominee. And the Georgia grand jury is not even a criminal one. It’s not a criminal indictment grand jury. It could lead to one but is not one.

Dobre

Mexico: Rail link worth billions won’t go through Texas after Abbott used trade as ‘political tool’​

Instead the proposed rail line would be routed along the far edge of West Texas up through Santa Teresa, N.M., about 20 miles west of downtown El Paso.

(I'm sure no one could have foreseen a possible outcome like this:rolleyes:).

Dobre

Truth be told, I can never sort out those guys' names either. I guess "J" names were extremely popular that era.

Last edited:

Susan1

J.D. Mandel, the artificially created compromise candidate. :scream:
I know this should be in the other thread, but since we are on the subject - Josh Mandel is the least trumpy of all the sick sad crop of them. Boggles the mind. And those idiots just cheer for anything he says. And they will never know how much he screwed up because fox sure won't mention it. It was the top story on Morning Joe.

Meoima

ilovepaydays

Um, I’m not going to link the video on here (cause it’s too 😱) and it is easily searchable on Twitter right now, but Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC11) really needs to resign. NOW.

At some point, regardless of political party, it becomes too obvious that the citizens in a district don’t have an actual representative.

caseyedwards

He could resign but it’s not like this wouldn’t affect any other job he pursues. So why not try to run for re-election? politics is not about any individuals but ideology. Individuals who become negative distractions should leave the scene. So he should leave, but also so should Gaetz. But once someone is elected they think they and not their ideology was key.

Gaetz
Cawthorne
Greene
Boebert
Jordan

Of course all these people should resign

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information