Insurrectionists and subversives: Trump and his supporters (Thread for all things Trump)

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Let's have a new thread and remove the contagion going forward from the other threads.

I offer this about Trump supporter Marjorie Taylor Greene:

In 2018, after the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, then a right-wing online commentator, spread the noxious conspiracy theory that the massacre was a “false flag” event intended to take away people’s guns.

I guess we could call this thread Liars and their vile lies: Trump and Trump supporters.

The above is reported in the Washington Post.

I repeat, I can't believe that anyone who today says "I am a Trump supporter" expects to be treated like a respectable person. Trump tried to subvert our constitutional order. You expect a polite reception for supporting that?

caseyedwards

Democrats control the house they can vote to expel greene today

This is silly. Why not talk about Biden trying to pass dreamer bill? No you want to talk about irrelevant powerless people like greens!!

Fact: republicans have no power in DC for two years.

No power.

Get over People voting for Trump.

Get over it.

Democrats have won all the power in America. All of it

Last edited:

topaz

Some people who respond to the PI threads have mentioned that "there wasn't any proof" that Right wing or white supremacists were affiliated with law enforcement or military. Yet, we're seeing the FBI, DOJ, DOD and other organizations arresting folks with ties to these same organizations. So we're seeing in real time that YES, there is a connection between white supremacy, anti blackness and that members of these organizations are at every level of civil service.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Federal court strikes down major Trump climate rollback - ABC News (go.com)
“Today’s decision is the perfect Inauguration Day present for America,'' said Ben Levitan, a lawyer for the Environmental Defense Fund, one of the groups that had challenged the Trump rule in court. The ruling “confirms that the Trump administration’s dubious attempt to get rid of common-sense limits on climate pollution from power plants was illegal,'' Levitan said. "Now we can turn to the critically important work of protecting Americans from climate change and creating new clean energy jobs.”
But Rep. Kathy Castor, D-Fla., chairwoman of the House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis, called the ruling a timely rejection of Trump's effort to roll back the Obama-era Clean Power Plan. “It looks like we’re kicking off a new era of clean energy progress a day early,” Castor said. "It’s almost poetic to see our courts vacate this short-sighted and harmful policy on Trump’s last full day in office.''
I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

:lol:

Last edited:

overedge

G.O.A.T.
Copied from the other Trump thread (sorry @BlueRidge I didn't see that you had started this one):

One of the "alt" accounts on Twitter (run by rogue government staff) says that Trump's cabinet had passed a motion to invoke the 25th Amendment if necessary, and had told Trump they would remove him if he tried to impose martial law or grab power any other way during the last days of his term. Amazingly, he took them seriously and didn't try anything that he might have been planning.

This apparently explains why most of the cabinet (the ones who didn't quit) were out of the public eye during the last week.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Looks like the far right aka Trumpworld will fracture:

‘A Total Failure’: The Proud Boys Now Mock Trump - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

In a Nov. 8 post in a private channel of the messaging app Telegram, the group urged its followers to attend protests against an election that it said had been fraudulently stolen from Mr. Trump. “Hail Emperor Trump,” the Proud Boys wrote.

But by this week, the group’s attitude toward Mr. Trump had changed. “Trump will go down as a total failure,” the Proud Boys said in the same Telegram channel on Monday.

As Mr. Trump departed the White House on Wednesday, the Proud Boys, once among his staunchest supporters, have also started leaving his side. In dozens of conversations on social media sites like Gab and Telegram, members of the group have begun calling Mr. Trump a “shill” and “extraordinarily weak,” according to messages reviewed by The New York Times. They have also urged supporters to stop attending rallies and protests held for Mr. Trump or the Republican Party.

Grievance politics is not going away of course, but without Trump as a figurehead the far right may not be able to pull together enough power to do much, other than isolated acts of violence.

caseyedwards

ballettmaus

ballettmaus

skatingguy

Golden Team
One of the theories I've heard is that since the Bidens are moving in, the DT loyalists still planted in the White House will be there to catch them at their baby eating satanic rituals.
These people don't understand (well really much of anything) that the only people left in the building after 12 noon are the permanent White House staff, whom they would refer to as the 'Deep State'. The only ones left are the security personal, cleaners, kitchen staff & cooks. Anyone who was hired as a political person by the Trump White House will have their pass deactivated at 12 noon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information