#ImWithHer vs. #IHateHer

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
Quotidien, a french show, did a field trip. They were asking people why they wouldn't vote for Clinton, and one man said "Because they said she will kill babies.".

mrinalini

In other words, you think and your research showed that she didn't achieve anything at all as the First Lady of Arkansas, as the First Lady of the US, as a US Senator and as a Sec of State. Because the Hillary Clinton who runs now is the same one who was First Lady of AK and US and Senator and Sec of State and when a country is screwed that must mean that the politician/leader won't achieve anything for the people and the country. I'll make you a deal - you can have Merkel and I'll take Clinton to Germany. I might even take back my Green Card application then ;)
That's just nonsensical - no, she isn't Satan as many on the right would have us believe, and yes, she's achieved some positive outcomes as a public servant; all that doesn't negate the fact that she's a terribly corrupt and dishonest individual. And again, I don't say that to contrast her with Trump as if he's a significantly superior choice when compared to her.

Here's more from David Seaman - so much of what he says in this particular video is just difficult to disagree with!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf_0Kvv22iQ

ballettmaus

That's just nonsensical - no, she isn't Satan as many on the right would have us believe, and yes, she's achieved some positive outcomes as a public servant; all that doesn't negate the fact that she's a terribly corrupt and dishonest individual.

Show me one successful politician who doesn't know how to rub elbows, make compromises and work with lobbyist (because there is no actual proof of actual corruption, so I refuse to call it that).
Honestly, if the country benefits from it why do you care how it gets done? She has to live with herself, you, as a citizen, just have to rake in the benefits. And considering her approval rate as Senator and Sec of State, it acually looks like no one cared how things got done once she was in office so why care before she gets into office?
And again, if she gets things done and manages to improve lives, how is the country screwed exactly? How do you think other leaders get things done? By drinking tea and eating cookies? I don't think any of us really want to look behind the scenes of politics because I don't think there's an area that's more grey than that.

DAngel

Happy Birthday, Hillary! :cheer2:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/26/hillary-clinton-birthday-celebrities
“Happy Birthday Hillary! In awe of you today and every day,” husband and former president Bill Clinton tweeted.

Rolling Stone interview:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ing-happy-birthday-to-hillary-clinton-w446951

A bit of a look at what she was doing on her birthday decade by decade.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...10/26/hillary-clinton-69th-birthday/92766016/

twinsissv

Just got back from the first day of early voting and those lines were really l-o-n-g! There seems to be lots of interest in this election...thank goodness! And there was a great deal of enthusiasm and good humor in the lines as we waited. Hillary has a lot of fans out there! I even got caught up in the exit poll's local tv news interviews. Well...that never happened before. The young man asked some very incisive questions and I was glad to have had a chance to express my feelings about how important this next presidency will be to America and to our standing in the world.
As for my vote...one more big one for Hillary! She can consider it a belated birthday gift. :cheer2:

Last edited:

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
:DFunny! A really good ad, that.

I wonder what HRC's Secret Service code name really is?

And what Trump's is :eek:

once_upon

I'm glad somebody else noticed that. They keep making jokes about his small hands. But I have noticed it is the fingers that are disproportionately short for the rest of his pudgy hands.
I'm calling foul on this. We chastised Trump for his negative disparaging comments in women's looks, women's weight, etc.

Do not fall to his level. Hand size has nothing to do with one's ability to do one's job.

Unless you are a hand model or something

Susan1

I'm calling foul on this. We chastised Trump for his negative disparaging comments in women's looks, women's weight, etc.

Do not fall to his level. Hand size has nothing to do with one's ability to do one's job.

Unless you are a hand model or something

Are you just trying to find something to argue about? (Like the FB Trump supporter who insulted my intelligence for posting a Huff Post article, because I only read the "biased mainstream media".) I never said hand size had anything to do with ability. I was agreeing with the poster who mentioned his fingers (why don't you go after them? or everybody that's made an orange comment or made fun of his hair?), because all of the jokes, even the one HE made at the Al Smith dinner referred to his "hands". I never even heard the one comparing his hands to another body part, or HIS comments on how that was wrong, only the comics repeating it. Who cares.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
Do you remember Pussy Riot, the Russian political all woman punk rock collective whose members were jailed by Putin?

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/28/499498761/pussy-riots-nadya-tolokonnikova-on-her-new-anti-trump-song

One of the most visible members of Pussy Riot is Nadezhda Tolokonnikova aka Nadya Tolokno, who was one of three rockers arrested during a performance of the anti-Putin song “Punk Prayer—Mother of God, Chase Putin Away!” in Moscow’s Cathedral of Christ the Savior. She was sentenced to two years in prison for “hooliganism,”

Nadya Tolokonnikova of the group was recently interviewed in an article reported by the Daily Beast about Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin, and Julian Assange.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...is-connected-with-the-russian-government.html

She says in answer to this question:

What’s your take on the current state of WikiLeaks? It’s an organization that’s done a lot of good, but they do seem to be doing Vladimir Putin’s bidding when it comes to influencing the U.S. presidential election.

"It was a tough conversation between me and Julian Assange about that when I came to the Ecuadorian Embassy two years ago. We had the conversation and you can’t really blame people for having another position. I understood his position: he’s in a state of war with the American government. He’s smart and charismatic and will use any means to destroy the American government. And we had a conversation if it was really the ethical thing to do that with the hands of another government [Russia] which is, in fact, much worse and a real authoritarian government. Julian Assange is a really good diplomat, so he can basically just dodge direct answers from my questions on that, and gives other answers—as Putin usually does when people ask him directly about some uncomfortable things."

So Julian Assange didn’t deny that he was working with the Russian government?

"He couldn’t deny it. On the next day after I visited the Ecuadorian Embassy, the head of Russia’s biggest propaganda network, Russia Today, the editor-in-chief came to him and they had a project together. He often works with the Russia propaganda machine, and doesn’t try to hide it. Julian Assange doesn’t try to hide that fact because he hosts at the Ecuadorian Embassy the editor-in-chief of the Russian propaganda team, Russia Today, and has projects with them. Russia Today has nothing to do with truth. They get tons of government money, so instead of that money going to healthcare or education, it serves these propaganda goals—which is disturbing for a lot of Russians because they’re undergoing a huge economic crisis. But Julian Assange, he openly works with [Russia]. It’s not a secret. He’s connected with the Russian government, and I feel that he’s proud of it. And with Julian Assange, I really like a lot of the things that he’s done, too."

The parallels she draws between Putin and Trump, as men stuck yearning for some glorious past while having no vision for the future, are very apt IMO. The connection between Trump, Putin, Le Pen of France, and Oban of Hungary are frightening, but ring true to me.

Opponents of Le Pen should be ready for a Wikileaks deluge.

In other news, Pussy Riot and Nadya have a new anti-Trump song, too.
http://www.npr.org/2016/10/28/499498761/pussy-riots-nadya-tolokonnikova-on-her-new-anti-trump-song

Here's the video of Pussy Riot' s vision of an America where Trump is president. (Warning for violent content)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-bKFo30o2o

And if she could, she would vote for Hillary, obviously.

Last edited:

once_upon

If you had been reading my recent comments - I called several people out who were speculating which designer or type of dress Hillary would choose to wear. It has nothing to do with doing the job.

Quite frankly, I rarely open links with video embeded in them. As for Facebook crap, I've refused to engage them or unfollowed them. I won't change their point of view, they won't mine.

You are correct, I didn't call anyone out on hair or orangeness. My error.

Just like those who were focused on looks that I called out, those things are not my determination on how well someone would do the job. My concern is things like nuclear war, collapse of world economy, etc.

agalisgv

Honestly, if the country benefits from it why do you care how it gets done?
Because the means matter.

Let's look at the argument and apply it to conservative policies. If the country stays safe, who cares how it is accomplished? So what if it entailed torture, extraordinary renditions, indefinite detention, drone attacks with tremendous civilian casualties--the US is safe, right?

And who cares about police brutality as long as the homicide rate stays low.

Most liberals and progressives would reject such arguments because the means are as important as the ends.

When people start ignoring the means because it implicates some part of their ideological leanings, that's a problem. The means should matter regardless of party or platform. That's what good governance requires.

Last edited:

ballettmaus

Because the means matter.

Let's look at the argument and apply it to conservative policies. If the country stays safe, who cares how it is accomplished? So what if it entailed torture, extraordinary renditions, indefinite detention, drone attacks with tremendous civilian casualties--the US is safe, right?

And who cares about police brutality as long as the homicide rate stays low.

Most liberals and progressives would reject such arguments because the means are as important as the ends.

When people start ignoring the means because it implicates some part of their ideological leanings, that's a problem. The means should matter regardless of party or platform. That's would good governance requires.

You do have a point and I wasn't actually thinking that far. I was thinking Clinton specific and that no one seems to be bothered by what she's doing how while she's in office. All people seem to have cared about is what she did and that she did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information