#ImWithHer vs. #IHateHer

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....

Erin

I'm glad I'm not the only one that didn't find it particularly funny nor would it make me reconsider my support for Clinton (irrelevant as that support may be as an immigrant who cannot vote). On the weed question, I think he has mischaracterized her stance on it - as far as I can tell, she's said she would take a soft approach and also supports medical marijuana usage. As for ISIS starting and rising while she was Secretary of State, that's a gross oversimplification of the situation. First, I don't even think it's technically true, as ISIS has roots going back to 1999. And second, he's implying a causation link without offering any support for it. As for the Clinton Foundation...well, yes, there are concerns about who it was accepting money from and the conflicts of interest that resulted from it. That is nothing new and has been known for months. It's a small factor compared to the variety of other positives she has, especially compared to her opponents.

I would hardly describe that style of "journalism" as something we need more of.

mrinalini

Seaman is a conspiracist of the "Rothschilds control the world" variety, so indeed, we really, really don't.

I won't link to the video, but if you go back two months, you'll find it.
I haven't seen that particular video; so far, I've only seen a few he's done on this election. I don't agree with all his opinions (for example, he thinks Trump won the last debate), but he raises a lot of alarming issues pertaining to Clinton that I was only vaguely aware of previously. These are issues that, after further research, I find I am unable to refute, so yes, to me HRC is now a lot more heinous than I formerly thought she was. That doesn't equate to Trump being such an absolutely wonderful choice either, which is why the U.S. is probably screwed no matter which of these two odious people wins.

ballettmaus

I haven't seen that particular video; so far, I've only seen a few he's done on this election. I don't agree with all his opinions (for example, he thinks Trump won the last debate), but he raises a lot of alarming issues pertaining to Clinton that I was only vaguely aware of previously. These are issues that, after further research, I find I am unable to refute, so yes, to me HRC is now a lot more heinous than I formerly thought she was. That doesn't equate to Trump being such an absolutely wonderful choice either, which is why the U.S. is probably screwed no matter which of these two odious people wins.

In other words, you think and your research showed that she didn't achieve anything at all as the First Lady of Arkansas, as the First Lady of the US, as a US Senator and as a Sec of State. Because the Hillary Clinton who runs now is the same one who was First Lady of AK and US and Senator and Sec of State and when a country is screwed that must mean that the politician/leader won't achieve anything for the people and the country. I'll make you a deal - you can have Merkel and I'll take Clinton to Germany. I might even take back my Green Card application then ;)

WanderlustTO

I made the mistake of watching this at my desk at work today. I say mistake because it made me tear up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUD7swQkgGA

As if having the questions in advance would help him. That would require him to actually prepare.

That aside, they are given the *topics* in advance - so it's really not that hard to figure out what the questions are going to be.

ballettmaus

That aside, they are given the *topics* in advance - so it's really not that hard to figure out what the questions are going to be.

Emphasis on "they" ;)

A short analysis of the candidates' body language in the third debate. http://www.attn.com/stories/12195/m...acebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=internal

When we hit minute 10 (at 9:13 p.m. EDT), we heard the first Trump sniff. Trumps breathing is likely an emotional tell. I call it bull snorting. When an animal is excited or frightened they snort. When Trump is emotionally triggered, he sniffs before he speaks. He had his snorts under control for 10 minutes.

DAngel

On the weed question, I think he has mischaracterized her stance on it - as far as I can tell, she's said she would take a soft approach and also supports medical marijuana usage.
I believe she wants to see how the states that have legalized marijuana fare, so I really doubt she'll do anything to legalize it in her first 4 years. But she has also called for a reform to focus arrests on violent crimes instead of marijuana possession and for prioritizing treatment & rehabilitation instead of jail for drug offenders.

From Humanity for Hillary, via Occupy Democrats on FB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-G0shT4N44
Love it. :cheer2:

I like this one:

Hillary wonks out with a New Jersey nurse about Clean Cookstoves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JM-eOiwFOA

She's so happy that someone actually knows and cares about the Clean Cookstoves initiative...:lol:

snoopy

The cook stove vid is great. I'd suggest she make a TV ad with it because it highlights all the day to day work she has done over the years. But it would be too easy for conservatives to make fun of something called the cook stove initiative.

DAngel

The cook stove vid is great. I'd suggest she make a TV ad with it because it highlights all the day to day work she has done over the years. But it would be too easy for conservatives to make fun of something called the cook stove initiative.
They work with women outside America though, so I don't know how much that would sway voters? I think people would respond more to something that directly affect them...

Susan1

When we hit minute 10 (at 9:13 p.m. EDT), we heard the first Trump sniff.

Did anybody notice any sniffing during the Al Smith Dinner? Maybe he only sniffs when he is not reading what he's saying. Maybe that's what helps him think?

ballettmaus

Maybe I'm biased but frankly, I don't see what the big deal is with that Morocco thing http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-clinton-foundation-morocco-wikileaks/505043/

Okay, yes, I get that Morocco has been reprimanded for violating human rights, however, I think for as long as people aren't more vocal about demanding that governments invest in alternative energy/cars and people don't boycott the sponsors for soccer whose federation gives the World Cup to Russia and Qatar, and don't demand that their governments stop dealing with the countries who violate human rights, it's kind of hypocritical to fault a private citizen to accept a huge donation to their foundation which does a ton of good in exchange for agreeing to make an appearance in person. And it doesn't seem to matter that Hillary Clinton didn't appear in the end - yes, Bill and Chelsea went but, according to the article, that wasn't the deal. And yet, Morocco didn't demand their money back. To me, that Looks like Clinton knows how to make compromises and deals and nowadays that's exactly what you need to do as a politician.

But most importantly, haven't the Clintons already said that they'll step back from the foundation in case Clinton gets elected? So, where would be the problem?!

Last edited:

overedge

G.O.A.T.
They work with women outside America though, so I don't know how much that would sway voters? I think people would respond more to something that directly affect them...

Someone would have to be pretty hard-hearted not to be impressed with an invention so simple and low-cost that saves lives around the world.

Susan1

Maybe I'm biased but frankly, I don't see what the big deal is with that Morocco thing http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-clinton-foundation-morocco-wikileaks/505043/
And it doesn't seem to matter that Hillary Clinton didn't appear in the end - yes, Bill and Chelsea went but, according to the article, that wasn't the deal.

You know I don't understand or pay attention to all of this stuff, but just out of my secretary brain I got - they wanted to pay her to go somewhere and she didn't. Oh, how terrible? They still paid her.

It's like trying to convict somebody for not taking a bribe. Geez.

Susan1

So a Trump supporter was on MSNBC this morning talking about how many Trump signs he saw and only one Hillary sign while he was out buying a pumpkin this weekend to show that more people support Trump. I wish he would go to one of the Hillary support pages on FB where everyone is talking about how they wish they could put Hillary signs in their yard but they are afraid of what will happen from Trump supporters!!!!!!!

So I am still going with my original idea of - if there are 100 houses and 20 of them have Trump signs, they don't care who knows they are deplorable. The other 80 houses are for Hillary but are afraid of the 20 that could be violent. Yep, that's what I'm going with!

taf2002

I saw an interview with Maureen Dowd (writer for the NY Times) & she was talking about the Clintons & how we need to hold them accountable & not give them a pass on everything just because Trump is worse. She mentioned bad judgements re emails & sloppy practices re her foundation. There are things the Clintons have done that bother me so I don't have a rosy view of her. But they won't keep me from voting for her.

But then she went on to say that she had lived through an administration where Dick Cheney had tried to remove the checks & balances & that that time had been terrible but not as terrible as what we would have with Trump since he lives in an alternate reality. She is very afraid for the country if Trump wins.

taf2002

She has always been very, very down on Hillary Clinton.

At least she's saying having Trump as president would be worse. I saw a snippet of an interview Oprah did & she made a very good point. She said it's not necessary to like Hillary. After all she's not coming to your house. She said the election is about do we want a democracy or a demagogue.

BigB08822

So a Trump supporter was on MSNBC this morning talking about how many Trump signs he saw and only one Hillary sign while he was out buying a pumpkin this weekend to show that more people support Trump. I wish he would go to one of the Hillary support pages on FB where everyone is talking about how they wish they could put Hillary signs in their yard but they are afraid of what will happen from Trump supporters!!!!!!!

This is something I see a ton online. Trump supporters (not all of them) seem to think the polls are all wrong (except for the ones showing Trump winning) and that they can prove it by citing the number of people they personally know voting for Trump (ALL of them) and the number of people at his rally's. If that were the case then Bernie would have won in a landslide but you can't use that argument because now they are on the "election was stolen from Bernie" train with Trump.

ballettmaus

I would love to have Hillary at my home. We could watch my DVD compilation of Kwan performances.

I'd rather binge-watch Madam Secretary with her. I'm saving the episodes for a while anyway so I don't have to wait a week in between and since I'm sure she hasn't had time to watch the latest episodes yet we can catch up together :D :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information