#ImWithHer vs. #IHateHer

aftershocks

Banned Member
Hillary's message to women and girls at the Girl Up Leadership Summit earlier today:

Michelle Obama spoke yesterday:

Fiero425

Hillary's message to women and girls at the Girl Up Leadership Summit earlier today:

Michelle Obama spoke yesterday:

It's a damn shame it probably won't do much good overall for the female sex! Unfortunately for them, they're stuck in a mindset of a patriarchal society and it matters little to them when some want them to have equality! I'm done after it was literally women who put Trump in office along with siding w/ conservative Republicans who've been trying to undermine those equal rights at every turn! It may not have been a majority of women who pulled Trump's lever, but it was enough to swing it and it'll be something they'll regret for the rest of their lives! I'm so done, I just can't GAF anymore after that treacherous act perpetrated on one of their own! If I were Hillary, I'd say "these b!tches don't want to be helped so screw 'em!" That has to be the last indignity lost by us all electing such a creature to the highest office in the land! :wall:

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ But Hillary has moved on, and we need to follow her example. I recently suffered the unexpected loss of a younger relative which is so heartbreaking, and I'm working through it. Staying upbeat and positive is not easy. We all have to look out for our mental health. Probably not wallowing in negative thoughts is the best way to go. It certainly isn't easy. I just feel my young relative is in a better place now, but that doesn't keep me from wishing he was still here and that I could hug him and tell him how much I love him. I wish I could have done more for him in his life to see him prosper more. He was so talented, he could have been a professional ballplayer in baseball and football (the latter was his favorite). At the age of 11, many years ago, he could play any position on his school's baseball team, including pitcher! He and his mom (one of my sisters) played for many years in a mother-son bowling league and they won a lot together!

So I have to remember what he did accomplish and let go of the thoughts of what more he could have accomplished. I need to remember and take solace in the good moments, and accept that he was a good person and he lived his life the best he could. His life as it was had great meaning and value and joy for all the good and all the love he gave to others. I can't change the fact he's gone now. I can't reimagine what more I could have done for him when he was alive.

We can't change the 2016 election. We just need to be mindful of what we can do now. We need to be cognizant of all that has happened and that is happening in this stressful time, and do what we can. As Meghan DoS said in her speech today (find it in the Meghan & Harry thread in OTBT):

" ... don't underestimate your ability to push through your fears... The hard part (and the hardest part for me) is to chase your convictions with action... Looking at the big picture can help us to see how far we have progressed."

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
If I were Hillary, I'd say "these b!tches don't want to be helped so screw 'em!"

That is seriously not a thought Hillary would ever dwell upon. It's especially not something she would ever think about young women and girls who are as forward-thinking and positive as the young women leading this current Girl Up Leadership Summit. In the aftermath of the 2016 election, I believe Hillary thought chiefly about the mistakes she might have made, and she went through a huge self-reflective effort in order to grow from what happened. It was da*n tough too. Read her book.

You think it's tough for you. Consider all that Hillary has done to try and move forward after she considered what she lost. It definitely was 'a hard row to hoe' for her. I think it has hurt her more knowing that she hasn't been able to use her considerable skills and knowledge as POTUS to make a better difference in the world. It isn't about her own ego, as much as it is about what she wanted to help accomplish. But she's still continuing to speak out as she moves forward in other helpful ways. Now, as a country, America will be playing long, long years of trying to repair the tatters and divisions in our own country, and trying to catch up in making the world better. But we have to do it. And it starts with each one of us individually. Things have happened the way they happened for a reason. We should only look back for positive reasons of understanding what we need to do better to move forward. If you look back too much and wallow in bitterness, sadness and anger, you can get stuck there!

As the great Negro League baseball player, Satchel Paige, famously said: "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..." Let's move forward. Let's look forward. Let's help each other through...

Last edited:

Fiero425

^^I feel your pain and understand where you're coming from! My problem is I've gotten old waiting for young women to take more responsibility and to fight for their own equal rights while knowing there's dissension in their ranks! The betrayal is absolutely disgusting in so many ways! Trying to undermine and close free clinics and Planned Parenthood offices alone can't be excused! When women "on the right" back the party in this instance, I'm just done with them and their party! They make it out that these places are abortion factories when it's only 3% of what they do; the rest being pap smears and other cancer screenings! How do you try and make political hay out of that? I just can't anymore and have just given up! I'm too fk'n old to fight or even care anymore! I could go on, but it would be like dwelling on the negative! You give me some positives over and above me breathing air today and I'll stop being a "negative nelly!" :wall:

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ Sorry @Fiero425. Yes, there's a lot to be sad and bitter about. It can be a struggle to find a way toward positive thinking. The quote I mentioned above by Meghan DoS, is from this past week's Girl Up Leadership Conference, a group sponsored by the U.N. Foundation. You should check on YouTube for videos of the motivational speakers at that conference, which was led by young women and girls from around the world who are part of that group. Seek out the positive, because the negative is always at the ready to slap us in the face and keep us down.

I can talk a good game, but the struggle is real. Looking after your mental health is more than just a notion. Your bitterness and anger about women who didn't support Hillary isn't going to help you. If you say that you've lost hope because of the terrible negativity of some people, then that's a self-fulfilling prophesy. Be kinder to yourself. I understand about feeling sad and hopeless about the world and about personal struggles, especially right now. Try to engage in positive rituals and positive thinking with music, flowers, writing, physical activity, and creative pursuits. Also, try giving a helping hand to someone in need. Write a supportive letter to Hillary. Try to release your anger. Feeling angry only eats you up inside. By trying to offering words of support to you, I'm trying to cheer and push myself toward more hopeful thoughts and optimism for the future.

gkelly

If she actually wrote "36 years since a man chose to put a woman on the Democratic ticket with him," that is correct.

H. Clinton didn't get on the ticket 4 years ago by a man choosing to put her there.

Fiero425

They changed the tweet. The original one said a man and woman were on the ticket together.

Not that I can care anymore if women don't, but it's obvious who decided to limit the access of women to high office; "other women!" They have the voting power to turn things upside down, but a significant number are trapped in a mindset of a patriarchal society and can't see one of their own leading the way! Their own jealousies run too deep; "why her and not me?!" I'm sure there are plenty of women, maybe all in some circumstances who make sacrifices, but I'm afraid it "ain't enough" if they allowed an obnoxious, misogynist pig like Trump to be their president! This is the man they want to be an example for their children! That said a lot to me and I hope it dawns on them how sick it is and continues to be with tons of support to this day from "the right!" There are just no other words necessary that proves my point; "women hate women!" It's sad and pathetic that with these times, a nice chunk of people have supported division and conspiracy theories instead of trying to unite the country! We have people dying by the thousands without a war going on and they use words like "acceptable numbers!" It was said today on FNC with no descension from Howard Kurtz on "Mediabuzz!" How responsible of him to allow something to be said without "calling them out!" Trump sows this stuff from his podium everyday and it's sickening to me how he does it with impunity! :rolleyes:

aftershocks

Banned Member
The 19th Summit (a Virtual Summit featuring conversations with leading women) is happening this week. Tammy Duckworth is in conversation right now with co-founder of The 19th, Amanda Zamora.

Below is a link to the schedule and the Crowdcast sign-up. Once you sign-up, you will be able to submit questions for the participants. Hillary Clinton will be participating on the 4th day of this summit! Meryl Streep and Zoe Saldana tomorrow. Kamala Harris is involved too. And Meghan DoS will be interviewing the founder of The 19th (Emily Ramshaw) on the 5th day:

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Stacey Abrams is speaking now at The 19th Summit

The above link takes you to the schedule where you can register for Day 2 (as well as Days 3-5) and get the livestream, which will be available for replay as well.

Hillary will be speaking on Day 4...

Fiero425

Stacey Abrams is speaking now at The 19th Summit

The above link takes you to the schedule where you can register for Day 2 (as well as Days 3-5) and get the livestream, which will be available for replay as well.

Hillary will be speaking on Day 4...

OMG, it won't take long for those conservative pinheads to vilify the woman! The "retread" label will come out, among other things even though they throw the same yahoos out there for over 20 years! It's so pathetic that Trump can't let it go either; still asking for more investigations into her and Obama! What a loser IRL! Being Prez. of this fk'n mess is no real prize after Trump's held the office! Anything special about it has been "killed off" for all time probably! :confused:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Hillary will be the featured speaker at The 19th Summit today. The start time has been switched to 2:00 pm

The stream and archives are supposed to be available on Facebook, Youtube and Twitter. Or you can register for the Crowdcast via the link posted above.

aftershocks

Banned Member
OMG, Hillary is relating all the stuff Trump and cronies are doing to undermine the election. Slowing down the U.S. mail so a lot of elderly people aren't getting their SS checks and medications. All of the nefarious crap happening in states by Repub a'holes who support Trump. This is scary!

Hillary is cautioning us about Trump likely refusing to leave quietly when hopefully (God please) he is voted out of office!!!

ETA:
Hillary is also offering advice about being sure to VOTE despite the tactics and strategies of the Repubs in power to prevent our votes from counting. She advises to ensure you're registered. Vote early if you can. Drop your mail-in ballot at the voting location if drop-off boxes are available (which would avoid dealing with the post-office). Plus encouraging and helping those you know to vote. If you vote in person, take a picture of your ballot and watch carefully to ensure proper procedures are in effect at the voting location.

Sadly, there are many cases of voting machines being purposely undermined, especially if computerized, due to interference by Russian operatives in our voting process. Paper ballots are safer.

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Wow, I really want to see the Hillary documentary on Hulu, which has been nominated for an Emmy. I hope it is made available on DVD and Blu-ray.

ETA:
Discussion of women's top leadership around the world making a huge beneficial difference for the people in those countries in connection with the p a n d e m i c!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information