#ImWithHer vs. #IHateHer

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I just finished reading the book 'Dear Madam President'. Quite preachy, which is not surprising, given its title. The interesting parts to me were about what Hillary's campaign was going through during and after the election. I wish she had listened to her own gut instincts and not relied on her committee when Comey brought out her emails in October. She wanted to address those immediately but her committee advised her to just ignore that topic and talk about her policies and strategies.

ballettmaus

Thoughts on the Comey interview/book from Clinton's spokesperson. https://twitter.com/NickMerrill/status/985889711288971264

He raises interesting points, one is that no one seems to give a damn about the current admin's use of private email addresses. He mentions Congress and Fox News but he should have included the MSM, too. They should report daily, just like they did when it was about Clinton's emails. Yet, not a word.

Fiero425

The GOP is planning to run campaigns against Hillary Clinton. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/clin...trategy-153319503--election.html?guccounter=1
I think whoever thought of that and goes along with it needs to a visit a psychiatrist because of a very unhealthy obsession. This is just sick. What has that woman ever done other than be a woman and successful in politics?

But it's worked for well over 25 years; constantly beating on this "grandma" from Chappaqua NY! The whole conservative movement needs to get over her and what they perceive as past criminal behavior! Sooner or later the country will be honoring her the same way Barbara was sent off this past week! Unfortunately, the derangement syndrome of "some" is so intense, they might dig her dead body up just to make a political point and it's well them all being "sick!" :rolleyes::COP::duh:

ballettmaus

But it's worked for well over 25 years; constantly beating on this "grandma" from Chappaqua NY! The whole conservative movement needs to get over her and what they perceive as past criminal behavior! Sooner or later the country will be honoring her the same way Barbara was sent off this past week! Unfortunately, the derangement syndrome of "some" is so intense, they might dig her dead body up just to make a political point and it's well them all being "sick!" :rolleyes::COP::duh:

I saw a photo of Secret Service agents standing next to Barbara Bush's casket during the wake and it said that they were with her for the duration of the wake. Someone had commented that they'd do the same for Hillary but to check that she was really dead.

I don't think I'll ever be able to understand how anyone can hate with such ferocity and even less how anyone can hate someone they don't even know with such ferocity.

snowbird

For people who like this kind of thing there's a new book due out tomorrow . April 24, called Chasing Hillary by Amy Chozick.

Sylvia

Rooting for underdogs!
@sk9tingfan posted in the Adam Rippon Good News thread that Adam and his mother attended the Clinton Foundation Gala in NYC yesterday evening (Hillary, Bill & Chelsea were all there) - Bill gave a shout out to Adam in his speech -- here's the clip: https://www.instagram.com/p/BjMrKDLFv0N/

"Exclusive" :p article with photos that mentions Adam introduced Hillary: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-Shaggy-millionaires-party-Bill-Hillary.html

ETA - "HRC meets ARR": https://www.instagram.com/p/BjOOfr_FQ3a/?hl=en&taken-by=adaripp

Last edited:

snowbird

the you-know- what may hit the fan for Hillary Saturday when the draft of the DOJ IG is released to congress.

Fiero425

Must be awesome to get props from a former president! Too bad about the rape accusations, but at least he's progressive!

;)

Pls leave that old man alone! Some must be truly desperate to take the heat off Trump and to do serious deflecting when his crimes against society are presently going on while TROLLS are trying to hang Clinton after 20 years! Spare us all the indignations, recriminations, & willingness to "grandfather" BILL into "me too!" Monica made out ok, her family is rich so she's not starving, and if she didn't want to be remembered this way for all time, maybe she might have left this guy alone since it was well known he was married! He didn't pick her up off the street for Gawd-sakes! It's always the guy's fault even though a lot of time it's the woman doing the pursuing and manipulating the situation! I'll take Clinton's tenure in the White House over Trump's anytime! :rolleyes: :duh: :kickass: :lynch: :mitchell: :revenge:

Dr.Siouxs

Pls leave that old man alone! Some must be truly desperate to take the heat off Trump and to do serious deflecting when his crimes against society are presently going on while TROLLS are trying to hang Clinton after 20 years! Spare us all the indignations, recriminations, & willingness to "grandfather" BILL into "me too!" Monica made out ok, her family is rich so she's not starving, and if she didn't want to be remembered this way for all time, maybe she might have left this guy alone since it was well known he was married! He didn't pick her up off the street for Gawd-sakes! It's always the guy's fault even though a lot of time it's the woman doing the pursuing and manipulating the situation! I'll take Clinton's tenure in the White House over Trump's anytime! :rolleyes::duh::kickass::lynch::mitchell::revenge:

Quoting this for it's unhinged hilarity. Not sure what Trump has to do with Bubba's raping habits :confused:, and I'm really not talking about Monica...

Fiero425

Quoting this for it's unhinged hilarity. Not sure what Trump has to do with Bubba's raping habits :confused:, and I'm really not talking about Monica...

Just speaking in general since the cable news and other talk shows are flipping out rehashing this BS! :rolleyes: :COP:

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Every time someone has a criticism of a Clinton, it doesn't need to be turned into a race of contenders for the most morally bankrupt finishing line.

What's interesting to me is that Monica Lewinsky seems to have walked away from the whole experience admitting her share of responsibility & with some worthwhile lessons to share & help others. She has evolved & grown over the years while it sounds like Clinton has not, or certainly not very much. That's the impression I had after his Stephen Colbert "do-over".
"It seemed tone deaf to me because you seemed offended to be asked this thing when, with all due respect, sir, your behavior was the most famous example of a powerful man sexually misbehaving in the workplace of my lifetime," Colbert said. "It doesn’t seem surprising that the question would be asked. Why were you surprised?"
Likewise, when he makes it sound like he is a financial victim because of his actions & still doesn't acknowledge his role with the abuse of power issue, I'm not sure why it's exempt from examination even if it was twenty years ago.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
There is really no comparison between Bill Clinton and Trump. Despite his misbehavior, Clinton was one of the better presidents. He turned around our economy. He did not brag about his misbehavior. Trump is a liar, an idiot, a narcissist, and a clear danger to the USA and the world. Clinton's loyalty was always to the USA. One cannot say that about Trump.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races

ballettmaus

Interview with Clinton mostly on the child separation issue https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...hild-detention-policy-it-keeps-me-up-at-night

“Oh, give me a break,” she erupts, eyes widening into indignation. “Give me a break! What is more uncivil and cruel than taking children away? It should be met with resolve and strength. And if some of that comes across as a little uncivil, well, children’s lives are at stake; their futures are at stake. That is that ridiculous concept of bothsideism.” She adopts a mockingly prim voice. “‘Well, you know, somebody made an insulting, profane remark about President Trump, and he separated 2,300 children from their families, that’s both sides, and we should stop being uncivil – oh and, by the way, he should stop separating children.’ Give me a break, really,” she growls, rolling her eyes. “I mean, this is a crisis of his making that will damage kids for no good reason at all, and I think everybody should be focused on that until the children are reunited.”

Japanfan

The US is now ranked the tenth most dangerous country in the world for women, and that's before Trump guts women's health care.

Like Snoopy, I don't believe that at all.

These are the 10 worst countries for women according to one source

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...gender-equality-ranked-by-perception?slide=10

In terms of danger, think of women living in refugee camps or on the streets of poor countries, where they are vulnerable to sexual and physical violence. Think of women living in war zones, whose lives are at risk. Think of women who are denied basic human rights and have no recourse when they are victim to violence. Think of women in countries where physical violence is deemed appropriate punishment for women.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I believe it a little bit. For one thing, it was only ranking Western countries, so most of the things mentioned above are for non-western countries. For another, we have the worst maternity death rate in the developed world.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
According to the article, the US bad score was based on the high likelihood of suffering rape or domestic abuse in US.

The United States came 10th overall, but ranked joint third with Syria when respondents were asked where women most risked sexual violence, harassment and coercion into sex, and sixth regarding non-sexual violence such as domestic and mental abuse.

"I can understand why people would perceive us as being a country that is dangerous for women because we kind of are," Abby Honold, a sexual assault survivor and activist in Minneapolis, told the Thomson Reuters Foundation.

It cannot help that we have a crap maternal death rate, and you are more likely to be a victim of gun violence here, other than inside a war zone, than most places, regardless of sex.

And our crap medical system that leaves many poor women and men with inadequate health care cannot be a plus.

VGThuy

Every time someone has a criticism of a Clinton, it doesn't need to be turned into a race of contenders for the most morally bankrupt finishing line.

What's interesting to me is that Monica Lewinsky seems to have walked away from the whole experience admitting her share of responsibility & with some worthwhile lessons to share & help others. She has evolved & grown over the years while it sounds like Clinton has not, or certainly not very much. That's the impression I had after his Stephen Colbert "do-over".

Likewise, when he makes it sound like he is a financial victim because of his actions & still doesn't acknowledge his role with the abuse of power issue, I'm not sure why it's exempt from examination even if it was twenty years ago.

This is my first time visiting this thread in a long time and I agree with this. As I've gotten older and as our narrative about power dynamics and treatment of women in the workplace and just any place as evolved, it's pretty clear that what Bill Clinton has done is absolutely wrong on so many levels and his tone deaf response regarding Lewinsky when he's promoting his book deserved to be called out and more. We don't need to compare Clinton with Trump. Clinton's behavior towards women, including and outside of Lewinsky, is abominable and until "our" side is willing to call him out, then there is no superiority on "our" side.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
The article says the US was the only western nation on the list.

Oops, I misread it.

But I still kind of believe it. In my world, I'm pretty safe as an older white woman in a good relationship no longer having kids. But that doesn't mean things are all rosy for all Americans. We pride ourselves on being one of the greatest nations but we have been living on our laurels for quite some time now IMO.

skatingguy

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information