#ImWithHer vs. #IHateHer

attyfan

... I'm not sure if Barack has emailed, but I've gotten them from Biden, Bill Clinton, Chelsea, and quite a few other prominent figures. I'm sure they are writing them personally :)

I've gotten emails from Joe, Bill & Chelsea ... but not from the Kween!

VGThuy

Hugh Laurie admitted he's not from this country (though he's lived in L.A. for a long time) and said he watched the entire debate and Hillary puzzles him...well more like the people who hate her puzzle him because he feels like he missed the first act of the movie where she burned down the orphanage because he cannot fathom the people who hate her because she seems normal and fine.

oleada

Hugh Laurie admitted he's not from this country (though he's lived in L.A. for a long time) and said he watched the entire debate and Hillary puzzles him...well more like the people who hate her puzzle him because he feels like he missed the first act of the movie where she burned down the orphanage because he cannot fathom the people who hate her because she seems normal and fine.
As someone who did not grow up in the US, this is exactly how I feel.

Cachoo

That Hillary hate, that she has received since she was First Lady, is so unfair and drives some of the ridiculous accusations in this election. And I do blame people like Hannity and Limbaugh who want to keep their viewers/listeners outraged all of the time and paint her as some sort of evil witch. It is so stupid but there are many voters who think this way.

ballettmaus

I was thinking about the statement that Clinton is often critisized for being overprepared - doesn't overprepared simply mean that you know more than you might need to?
I get that it can be a disadvantage because it could possibly make you think too complicated. However, I also think that whether or not it's negative depends entirely on how the person uses the knowledge and so far, Clinton struck me as someone who's still willing to listen. The knowledge just enables her to take part in discussions and know what someone is talking about. I really have a hard time considering it as negative and I think that preparedness, even overpreparedness is something that someone should want in a politician. I know, I do. I also think that there are enough politicians out there who are the exact opposite and I also believe that it shows Clinton's dedication.

And if I think further then I'd say being overprepared is as if you study too much for a test. Doesn't that actually send the message that studying (too much) and (too much) knowledge is not cool? (Not that I would know how you can ever know too much anyway).

overedge

G.O.A.T.
I was thinking about the statement that Clinton is often critisized for being overprepared - doesn't overprepared simply mean that you know more than you might need to?
I get that it can be a disadvantage because it could possibly make you think too complicated. However, I also think that whether or not it's negative depends entirely on how the person uses the knowledge and so far, Clinton struck me as someone who's still willing to listen. The knowledge just enables her to take part in discussions and know what someone is talking about. I really have a hard time considering it as negative and I think that preparedness, even overpreparedness is something that someone should want in a politician. I know, I do. I also think that there are enough politicians out there who are the exact opposite and I also believe that it shows Clinton's dedication.

Trump tweeted this morning that "Crooked Hillary" had the debate questions in advance. No, dipsh*t, she probably took an educated guess as to what she might be asked about, and prepared for that :rolleyes:

ballettmaus

I'm watching Michelle Obama's address on CNN right now, and she is killing it! I wonder if she has any interest in following in Hillary's footsteps and running for office herself. I think she would be pretty much unassailable.

Well, I read a while ago (can't remember where, don't even know if it was in Germany or the US) that she wasn't exactly thrilled that her husband ran a second time, so I'd assume that not. But who knows, maybe she'll think differently once the kids are a bit older. I'm just not sure if she's a politician/if she would be comfortable with the deal-making. She seems too nice (and I don't mean that negatively).

Trump tweeted this morning that "Crooked Hillary" had the debate questions in advance. No, dipsh*t, she probably took an educated guess as to what she might be asked about, and prepared for that :rolleyes:

I saw that, too, and I was talking to my parents about it and we used the list of what Trump claimed was rigged as an example - I think it's an excellent example of her simply preparing; the campaign was probably saying that there's a good chance that it'll come up, so Clinton prepared accordingly.

Cachoo

I'm watching Michelle Obama's address on CNN right now, and she is killing it! I wonder if she has any interest in following in Hillary's footsteps and running for office herself. I think she would be pretty much unassailable.

Vash was attending---maybe she'll have a report. I saw some of it too and Michelle is certainly the Democratic party's best weapon right now and she is as upbeat and kind as Donald is downbeat and coarse.
I know she desires to be a private citizen once again but if she would consider running for office down the line I'd love that. Michelle has the best slogan this entire campaign too: When they go low, we go high.

DAngel

He really didn't use any new attack last night... Did nothing for 30 years, sniffle, lie, Nafta bad, wrong, tax increase, point , praise Putin, excuse me, incoherence, e-mail, believe me, benghazi...

I was pleasantly surprised when Trump was boasting about his hotel and Hillary leaned in to the mic and said made of Chinese Steel:rofl:

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
Well, I read a while ago (can't remember where, don't even know if it was in Germany or the US) that she wasn't exactly thrilled that her husband ran a second time, so I'd assume that not. .

It's discussed in the second Game Change book. Which is excellent and you all should read it.

And I'm going to need someone to write the Game Change book about this election. :watch:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
He just throws out nonsense on twitter to pander to his rabid supporters. He knows the debate rules. The debate commission has already responded with no, she did not. The Emmy's have responded with no they aren't rigged. He's a two year old who throws a tantrum when he doesn't get what he wants. His total failure to accept any responsibility for his actions is the real clincher. I get that some people buy into the right wing crap that's been thrown at HRC for over 30 years (the AR GOP started this in an effort to get the governor's office from Bill. I know this for a fact as a friend clerked for a good friend of Sheffeld Nelson. Nelson was the head of ARKLA gas and ran against Clinton twice in the 80s. My friend's "job" was looking for any possible dirt on the Clintons. If there wasn't any, they made it up. She gave up the clerkship after two weeks). But, what I don't get is why they think they've managed to avoid the "truth" for all this time. The Clintons were not wealthy. Were not from politically powerful families. Bill ran for president at just the right time. And won. The original plan was for him to run for the Senate following in Dale Bumpers and David Pryor's footsteps. He took a wild shot to run for president and put together a team that took him to the WH.

Susan1

They announced the categories a few days ago. Anyone who is prepared to be president would know what might be in those categories. The way Trump started out, he acted like he had memorized the whole answer. He doesn't "answer" questions". He either repeats his canned response or blames Hillary. He can't answer a follow-up question or supply details because he doesn't know what he said in the first place.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C

And if I think further then I'd say being overprepared is as if you study too much for a test. Doesn't that actually send the message that studying (too much) and (too much) knowledge is not cool? (Not that I would know how you can ever know too much anyway).

I would rather be overprepared than underprepared. How can anyone know ahead of time what the exact needed preparation is? I too see overprepared as a positive thing. It never hurts to be more prepared.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
Vash was attending---maybe she'll have a report. I saw some of it too and Michelle is certainly the Democratic party's best weapon right now and she is as upbeat and kind as Donald is downbeat and coarse.
I know she desires to be a private citizen once again but if she would consider running for office down the line I'd love that. Michelle has the best slogan this entire campaign too: When they go low, we go high.

I posted the report in the other thread.

Yes, that slogan is working great! She used it today in Phoenix, and I forgot to mention it in my report.

I think Michelle is a great motivational speaker but she may not like the political world where there are constant attacks. I am just guessing. She will be very much in demand as a speaker after Barack 'retires' from the oval office.

Erin

It's discussed in the second Game Change book. Which is excellent and you all should read it.

And I'm going to need someone to write the Game Change book about this election. :watch:

Yes, I'm thinking that in a few years when is is hopefully all a distant memory, I look forward to reading what really when on behind the scenes. Although if the predictions are wrong and Trump pulls this off, I will probably find it too depressing to read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information