#ImWithHer vs. #IHateHer

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
I just saw on the news that a woman at a rally with Pence was calling for revolution if Clinton wins, and Pence said something like "don't talk like that" or "don't say things like that."

I don't know if it will have any effect, but I thought it was good of him to call her out.

ballettmaus

Carrying this over from the other thread:

Here's the email

I think it's fairly clear that she hates the phrase "everyday Americans," not everyday Americans themselves (whatever that even means).

That may very well be the reason why she doesn't like it ;)
And I agree, I think it's more than clear that they're talking about the phrase but you'd have to bother to read the actual email to catch that and not rely on unreliable sources like the OP seems to have done.

Susan1

I'm going to put this in all of the threads so everybody sees it.

One of Trump's many tweets today said he won the debate according to all the polls. He's still too stupid to realize that these are desperate Trump fans staying up all night clicking on his name in these fan polls.

How many people can we get "staying up all night" clicking on Hillary's name after the debate? The debate is in Las Vegas, but it is on at 9 p.m. Eastern time (here). If you are in the Mountain and Pacific time zones, you wouldn't even have to stay up all night.

I will DVR the post debate stuff and spend the next two hours in here clicking on Hillary's name. If someone lets me know what these polls are that Trump keeps thinking he's winning.

BigB08822

With no disrespect for Angie or @BigB08822 or other FSU posters in LA....
I was talking to a friend today whose daughter lives in Louisiana. Her daughter is genuinely frightened if Trump loses. She believes that violence will erupt and severely.

Not disrespectful. I hate living in Louisiana or anywhere around this awful place. That being said, I don't get the impression that violence will erupt. I am sure there will be isolated incidences but nothing major. Trump is going to win LA anyway so maybe they can console themselves with the fact that they wanted the idiot to win.

MacMadame

Staying at home
That's the phenomenon about Clinton - she is disliked during election campaigns and then liked once elected. Which so doesn't make sense because why dislike/hate her when you actually approve of her politics? I get when that happens during a first campaign but once you know the person is doing their job well and you like what that person is doing, why keep up the pattern?
The theory is this happens because she's a women and women aren't supposed to be ambitious.

aftershocks

Banned Member
There is nothing Hillary's haters won't do or try to exaggerate in order to caricature her. The case of the rapist she was appointed to defend is explained here. Sounds like a dilemma many attorneys working in a Public Defender's office have to face:

https://thinkprogress.org/the-truth...ttack-hillary-clinton-72158e3c41cb#.5damvlg4d

Anderson Cooper asks astute questions and allows Kellyanne Conway to ramble on and show her own hypocrisy in this interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuDXdzgPZuE

I don't know how Conway can look in the mirror and not know she's in the same boat Hillary was in having to defend a rapist, since Conway is herself in the position of having to defend a predatory misogynist scumbag with a Twitter finger addiction. The only difference is that Conway willingly accepted her position, while Hillary was unwillingly appointed to defend the rapist.

Conway backtracks and starts whining about wanting to focus on the issues when Anderson brings up Trump's numerous and ongoing transgressions.

Susan1

I don't know how Conway can look in the mirror and not know she's in the same boat Hillary was in having to defend a rapist, since Conway is herself in the position of having to defend a predatory misogynist scumbag with a Twitter finger addiction. The only difference is that Conway willingly accepted her position, while Hillary was unwillingly appointed to defend the rapist.

no further comment - just :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

DAngel

In the debate, Trump dismissed Hillary's 30 years of public service and claimed she had done nothing, and she replied with this:
“Look, he has now said repeatedly 30 years this and 30 years that… Eight million kids every year have health insurance… Hundreds of thousands of kids now have a chance to be adopted… 400 pieces of legislation have my name on it as a sponsor or co-sponsor when I was a Senator for 8 years.”

Now, Hillary has a shuffle page that compares her 30 years with his 30 years. :cheer:
https://www.hillaryclinton.com/tools/way-back-when/

An opinion piece I agree with about this whole 30 years in public service attack.
https://www.romper.com/p/donald-tru...of-public-service-has-sexist-undertones-20092

DAngel

BittyBug

The missing ingredient
From WaPo: The hideous, diabolical truth about Hillary Clinton

Teaser:
It is time someone got to the bottom of everything that people say about Hillary Clinton. Who is she? More importantly, WHAT is she? I have compiled the following timeline of her life by combining all the actual theories about her. When lined up together, they form quite a biography.
Enjoy!

DAngel

The haters just can't make up their minds about her... Robot, witch, devil who's destroying America but hasn't really done anything for the past 30 years :rofl:

Fluff piece about Hillary campaign's director of production.
Handling Cows by Day, Ever-Growing Clinton Rallies by Night.

My favourite part :)
“Secretary Clinton was literally consoling me and telling me it was going to be O.K. because I was having a panic attack,” Mr. Hale said. “When the candidate is trying to calm you down, then things are not in great shape.”

Susan1

Did anyone see Hillary on Ellen. She was great. Not being sexist, but she seemed so much softer and relaxed, even while she was repeating things she says in debates and rallies, without scowling. I know she was sitting in a chair and speaking TO Ellen, but the same kind of humor and relatability might go a long way.

Look at the difference between rallies. Obama shamed the protester with humor. A Trump supporter tried to beat up a protester in Greensboro and Trump encourages that kind of stuff. Michelle was passionate but strong and soft at the same time. That did not make her look weak. She spoke harshly but didn't yell. NO! I'm not changing my vote, just saying she could be a little more likable so she can get the votes to then go be tough as President.

Susan1

Teeny, tiny complaint (which I think was mentioned months ago) - I keep getting emails asking me to contribute to Hillary's campaign after I signed on to her website. I can get a FREE "they go low, we go high" sticker for a contribution of $1. My $1 is not going to help them any. My $1 will buy me a Dr. Pepper at McDonald's today. Sheesh. I'll wait to get my FREE "I voted today" sticker.

CassAgain

When I'm feeling especially outraged, it helps me to calm down to kick in ten dollars or so. Therefore, I have a drawer full of stickers I can't put on my vehicle because of where I work. I would be happy to send you a they go low; we go high sticker, @Susan1 . Just PM me with your address.

Susan1

When I'm feeling especially outraged, it helps me to calm down to kick in ten dollars or so. Therefore, I have a drawer full of stickers I can't put on my vehicle because of where I work. I would be happy to send you a they go low; we go high sticker, @Susan1 . Just PM me with your address.

Thanks, but I'd just have to stick mine in a drawer too! I'll try to find one to use as my Avatar here and I'll use it as my picture on FB.

It's the "free for $1" that bugs me. I just had my furnace serviced last week, had to buy a car battery the week before, had to have an electrician come and replace an outlet after the cable box got too hot and blew out my t.v., which I also had to replace. But the campaign that has millions of dollars in it wants me to send them $1 for a free sticker? I'm getting several emails a day with boxes to contribute $10, $50, $100. I'll give them $100 if they come and clean out my gutters and trim the shrubs. And replace the blind in the bedroom that fell and hit me on the head that I have been trying to get my cousin's husband to install the new one I bought for a month now.

ETA - check out the avatar. I had to use the one with pink in it even though it doesn't have the Hillary H in it.

Last edited:

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Thanks, but I'd just have to stick mine in a drawer too! I'll try to find one to use as my Avatar here and I'll use it as my picture on FB.

It's the "free for $1" that bugs me. I just had my furnace serviced last week, had to buy a car battery the week before, had to have an electrician come and replace an outlet after the cable box got too hot and blew out my t.v., which I also had to replace. But the campaign that has millions of dollars in it wants me to send them $1 for a free sticker? I'm getting several emails a day with boxes to contribute $10, $50, $100. I'll give them $100 if they come and clean out my gutters and trim the shrubs. And replace the blind in the bedroom that fell and hit me on the head that I have been trying to get my cousin's husband to install the new one I bought for a month now.

ETA - check out the avatar. I had to use the one with pink in it even though it doesn't have the Hillary H in it.

Susan1, have you considered that freaking out over this election is unhealthy & that it might be best if you step away for awhile? You keep posting over & over again in every thread, basically saying the same thing, & then complaining that people don't respond to you. I don't understand being for Hillary & then complaining about her fundraising attempts. TV ads cost a lot of money but if you don't want to give (or can't), don't give. Don't you have the ability to skim over emails & FB posts that you're not interested in? I'm getting worried about you.

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ Yes, ITA and @Susan1, why not consider creating a separate email to give out for things such as political campaign solicitations, etc., to avoid having your regular email overloaded with a lot of extra stuff to wade through and delete.

Hillary: "... we have a job to do and it will be good for people, and for cats." Yay Hillary!!! :cheer2: #ImWithHer! :cat: :rollin:

Thanks @DAngel and thanks to Hillary and to all the cat-gif contributors... Watching brought a smile to my face and lowered my blood pressure. :D

Best are the little black kitty wobbly walking over to investigate the camera; the kitty cat giving another kitty cat pal a massage; the tabby cat rubbing faces with a dolphin :); the fat cat jumping out of a cardboard box; and the napping cat who bats away, snarls at and runs away from a I-phone image of Donald Trump. Cats are so smart.

Last edited:

Susan1

^^ Yes, ITA and @Susan1, why not consider creating a separate email to give out for things such as political campaign solicitations, etc., to avoid having your regular email overloaded with a lot of extra stuff to wade through and delete.

I don't mind reading the Hillary stuff. (This morning - 4 in regular mail, 4 in spam)
It's the FREE sticker for $1 that irritates me. I don't get that much email anymore, except from people who are not on FB. And I just delete all the things in the spam folder.

I had to stop using Yahoo News as my home page because a "sponsored" Trump ad popped up every time I went back to that page, no matter how many times I clicked on the "stop showing this ad".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information