#ImWithHer vs. #IHateHer

BittyBug

The missing ingredient
Because it's a carryover from the prior thread, "Why does Hillary Clinton generate so much ire?"

aftershocks

Banned Member
:cheer2: :cheer: #ImWithHer #GoHillary!

Hillary's birthday is October 26! The below article from 2012 was celebrating her 65th b'day
"65 Reasons Hillary Clinton is a Total Badass"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/26/hillary-clinton-birthday_n_2012001.html

And here are some more recent positive viewpoints:

"Meet the Millennial Men Who Love Hillary"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...e-hillary-clinton_us_57a1fe11e4b0e2e15eb7f4de

"5 Reasons Why Hillary Clinton Would Make a Great President"
http://archives.bluenationreview.com/top-reasons-vote-hillary/

"13 Reasons Why I Love Hillary Clinton"
https://www.theodysseyonline.com/13-reasons-love-hillary-clinton

"Hey Berniacs: I Learned to Love Hillary and So Can You"
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...i-learned-to-love-hillary-and-so-can-you.html

"This 33 Second Clip is Why I Love Hillary Clinton" - The Daily Banter
http://thedailybanter.com/2016/04/this-30-second-clip-is-why-i-love-hillary-clinton/

Last edited:

DAngel

So I was talking about a fluff piece in the last thread. Here it is.

Marley Dias, an 11 year old girl who is the editor of Marley Mag for ELLE.com and founder of #1000BlackGirlBooks interviews Hillary.

http://www.elle.com/culture/career-politics/a39791/hillary-clinton-interview-marley-dias/

Reading our interview, I think it's very obvious that Hillary Clinton can be deep and funny at the same time. Sometimes, we expect a woman like her to be really serious always, but I want people to understand that she can talk about deep issues and chocolate, and that's okay. She's a real person—just like I am, just like my mom is, just like you are. She's not just a presidential nominee. She's a friend. She's human! And her favorite black girl book is I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou, which is an excellent choice.

This interview makes me :) Hard to believe that Marley's only 11 years old.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Ire is different from hate - JMO

Yeah, I get the love vs. hate thingy, but I'm with you. This should basically be a cheer thread where the ire can be discussed, analyzed and discounted where it's based on fiction, speculation and pure vitriolic misogyny. But let's emphasize the positive, as the negative s**t has been done to death and then some. :duh:

Susan1

Well, there's not much out there except 24/7 hurricane coverage so:
#1 - shouldn't the Trump Press Conference Surreal title then be changed to #I Hate Trump.

#2 - exchange on FB (continuing from the "Hillary said her father cleaned draperies" comment, which "J" <since people's names are too personal?> actually admitted she must have misheard it, then wrote that Hillary supporters are always lying about what Trump said too <and that her political views weren't personal>) and -

"J" said - "All you have to do is watch the crap on tv. Politicians do it every time an election rolls around. They rarely run on their strengths. As for his opinions, he has a right to them as does anyone else. He's not a bleeding heart liberal for sure and he's not afraid to speak what he believes.
Hillary supporters will never see anything negative about her, even when it's right before their eyes and the same is probably just as true of Trump supporters. I have a right to express my opinions the same as anyone else, but that does not mean I want to endlessly debate. My bottom line is I don't like or trust Obama or Hillary. It's a gut instinct. Time will tell."

I replied:
"I WILL always defend Hillary. And I do watch the crap on t.v. Hillary's commercials contain Trump's own words. Trump’s opinions are not facts. That is the problem. He does not have the right to try to run the country on his biased opinions. He is a pathological liar. Every day there is new evidence that he should not be president and his supporters don’t care. Every day there is another group that speaks out against him. Every day there is new evidence of his bad, possibly illegal business practices. I’m certainly not a bleeding heart liberal. This is the first presidential election I have ever been this interested in and had such intense feelings about the other candidate being a danger to this country and the people. He spews hatred everywhere he goes. He misrepresents (nice word for lying) Hillary’s policies and the people at his rallies cheer. He has no sane, rational, workable policies. His own running mate could not even defend him. He has the attention span of a goldfish and the temperament of a bratty 12 year old. He may be anti-government, but he’s going to have to work within the government to get anything done, not sit in the oval office and tweet insults all day. This message would probably be approved by Hillary Clinton! :) "

Did I do good? It's not like I am going to change anyone's opinion, but it felt good to get it out somewhere outside this friendly place.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
This 11 year old girl did a great email interview of Hillary here:
http://www.elle.com/culture/career-...inton-interview-marley-dias/?src=socialflowTW

good questions, and Hillary gave really nice, genuine answers. :)

And this WaPo writer makes a case that Hillary is hated not just because she is a woman, but because she is an older woman in a country that wants its old women invisible (and perhaps incarcerated in "A Place For Mom.")
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...9-11e6-bf8a-3d26847eeed4_story.html?tid=sm_tw

As a old lady myself, I like this quote:

Discarding older women means discarding years of knowledge and know-how.
The “grandmother hypothesis” even suggests that older women — and killer whales, the only other species to go through menopause — are biologically made to lead. That’s why their fertility ends, so they can get to the business of being leaders to all those creatures they created.

But there is hope that the invisibility trend is fading.
At 83, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is so respected, she’s got a street name: the Notorious R.B.G.

Salon makes it clear that people of color not only want to vote for Hillary, they like her a lot better than white people do:
http://www.salon.com/2016/10/06/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-popularity/

Last edited:

DAngel

And this WaPo writer makes a case that Hillary is hated not just because she is a woman, but because she is an older woman in a country that wants its old women invisible (and perhaps incarcerated in "A Place For Mom.")
She's been hated since she was a young woman though - by a certain section of the population... Vast right wing conspiracy is right, I think.

MacMadame

Staying at home
I just want to say I am so tired of people parroting that Hillary Clinton is the most hated politician ever. As if this was a fact and immutable. Don't people remember when she was Secretary of State and had approval ratings of 66-67%? That's higher than most politicians ever achieve. I believe that it's higher than Obama has ever had (But I haven't noted his for the past few months).

This is assuming that a person's "approval rating" is a even real thing and not pollsters' educated guesses based on inputs and modeling that are not an exact science.

ballettmaus

I just want to say I am so tired of people parroting that Hillary Clinton is the most hated politician ever. As if this was a fact and immutable. Don't people remember when she was Secretary of State and had approval ratings of 66-67%? That's higher than most politicians ever achieve. I believe that it's higher than Obama has ever had (But I haven't noted his for the past few months).

This is assuming that a person's "approval rating" is a even real thing and not pollsters' educated guesses based on inputs and modeling that are not an exact science.

That's the phenomenon about Clinton - she is disliked during election campaigns and then liked once elected. Which so doesn't make sense because why dislike/hate her when you actually approve of her politics? I get when that happens during a first campaign but once you know the person is doing their job well and you like what that person is doing, why keep up the pattern?

oleada

Despite my better judgement I engaged a Trump nut on a FB argument re: the rapist Hillary defended and was told that Hillary was just like a Nazi because "she was doing her job" and not questioning and ruined a girl's life and suppressed evidence. That's when I gave up, because once Godwin's law is invoked, all hope is lost.

once_upon

Voter
This board is rigged - RIGGED - I tell ya.
With no disrespect for Angie or @BigB08822 or other FSU posters in LA....
I was talking to a friend today whose daughter lives in Louisiana. Her daughter is genuinely frightened if Trump loses. She believes that violence will erupt and severely.

Susan1

With no disrespect for Angie or @BigB08822 or other FSU posters in LA....
I was talking to a friend today whose daughter lives in Louisiana. Her daughter is genuinely frightened if Trump loses. She believes that violence will erupt and severely.

I swear - that is the same thing I was thinking last night - when Hillary WINS. Those nuts yelling lock her up will target women and minorities. We'll start seeing KKK rallies. They'll probably all go out and buy guns because they believe the bull about Hillary wanting to take them away.

I kinda pictured that Back to the Future movie that is forward into the future (huh?) where the town is run by that bully grown up and there is rioting in the streets and people shooting each other and sleazy things all over. Funny - or you could use the Back to the Future movie where they go to the wild west. (I haven't seen any of these since they came out, so......) Those things would happen if Trump had any possibility to win. And the deplorables will still make it happen when Trump loses.

All this screaming about the media helping Hillary? The media made Trump famous. And now that he has abused that fame and they are reporting the truth, they are suddenly no good? The election will be rigged if he loses? The real polls don't mean anything, but the fake ones do? And people believe him.

VGThuy

And a lot of people believe it has already happened. They blame Obama for the race relations being what it is right now, for inciting violence against the police, and they still fear a civil war is happening upon us. Of course a lot of that is from people like a cousin of mine who seriously believes that we're going to go to war with China and we need our guns because the government won't be able to tell Chinese invaders from Asian-Americans and we have to fight against the U.S. government when the time comes. So take that for what you will.

skatesindreams

I replied:
"I WILL always defend Hillary. And I do watch the crap on t.v. Hillary's commercials contain Trump's own words. Trump’s opinions are not facts. That is the problem. He does not have the right to try to run the country on his biased opinions. He is a pathological liar. Every day there is new evidence that he should not be president and his supporters don’t care. Every day there is another group that speaks out against him. Every day there is new evidence of his bad, possibly illegal business practices. I’m certainly not a bleeding heart liberal. This is the first presidential election I have ever been this interested in and had such intense feelings about the other candidate being a danger to this country and the people. He spews hatred everywhere he goes. He misrepresents (nice word for lying) Hillary’s policies and the people at his rallies cheer. He has no sane, rational, workable policies. His own running mate could not even defend him. He has the attention span of a goldfish and the temperament of a bratty 12 year old. He may be anti-government, but he’s going to have to work within the government to get anything done, not sit in the oval office and tweet insults all day. This message would probably be approved by Hillary Clinton! :) "

Did I do good? It's not like I am going to change anyone's opinion, but it felt good to get it out somewhere outside this friendly place.

You did well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information