HOW ARE YOU COPING WITH THE ***** THESE DAYS?

FSWer

Say I couldn't find the other thread about this. So I'll ask you all here. How are you all coping with the *****? I am trying to keep busy. But I do hope it ends soon. What about you all?

DreamSkates

I doubt it will end soon. Mabye in a month. Meanwhile, I'm taking a brisk walk every day, and taking a photo of anything I see that's interesting (I live in a rural area). I also work from home. With free time I play an instrument, am working on a 1,000 piece puzzle, playing with my cat, and planting some flowers (sunflowers, from seeds). And the usual daily stuff.
My next project: bake a pumpkin pie.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
I take it real easy. I get up when I feel ready to. I meditate, watch tv, spend time on Facebook, paint on canvas.

I am planning to read some books.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
Update- I am taking one day at a time. Not making any future plans. I am in a good state of mind.

I reduced the time on tv. I am reading a book. In the evening or late afternoon I go for walk in a park that has a small lake. It is refreshing. Sometimes there are people in the park that don’t care about social distancing. I move to keep the distance.

I am trying to avoid grocery shopping. Last time I asked for delivery. I was not satisfied. Will try another store this time.

I made some masks for myself at home. I have lots of gloves that I use for painting. I will be using gloves outside when I may have to touch something (like putting gas in my car). I have about 400 pairs of gloves, so I don’t expect a shortage near term.

skipaway

I’m still working at our local hospital.
Today I didn’t watch anything on TV but I did stream my Decorah eagle nest cam and saw 2 hatches in 1 day. :cheer2:
I also am trying to catch up on old friends to see how they’re doing.

Lanie

Stressed. Going insane and depressed staying inside. School-from-home is a nightmare. It's been poor weather. Frustrated at everything from the "this is a hoax" people to "WE NEED MARTIAL LAW FOR 18 MONTHS" people. Trying to stay positive is hard.

Japanfan

I feel stressed all the time, have no work (am a free lancer), and am sleeping too much.

michalle

It's just so hard. I'm glad this forum makes room for people to express their frustrations. I'm thinking about everybody here and hoping things get better for everyone.

taz'smum

as @Jesche says - мама knows best
I am treating it as if I have taken retirement 6 years early, and I am loving every minute of not having to work.
I have compartmentalised the worries about not having any income, and pushed it to one side in my head.
There is nothing that can do to fix my lack of income, so I am not going to get stressed and let it get in the way of me enjoying this time.

I have made a new Russian penpal using this excellent free site
I was able to find someone my age and of a similar level in our respective languages.
She is great fun! We laugh a lot, help each other finish our sentences in our respective languages, and are both improving rapidly. This is a so much better way to learn than Russian lessons, you have real incentive to speak, as you want to know more about the other person and their life!
We are both very conscious to make sure that both languages are spoken in equal quantities, so that we both benefit equally.
Whilst the site is free, you can donate, on their donations page, by buying them a beer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information