HOLD YOU WOULD LIKE TO IMPROVE ON,FAV. HOLDS & WHAT HOLD WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEARN AS AN ICE-DANCER?

FSWer

Ok....calling all Ice-Dancers!!! What I want you to tell me today is...What Ice-Dance Hold you would like to improve on...what all your favorite Ice-Dance Holds are....and...what Ice-Dance Hold wold you eventually like to learn? For me.... I would love to improve on what my coach Nick has moved me on to...my One-Foot Glide straight up,while holding a Partner's hand. Which also happens to be one of my favorite Holds. BTW. is there an actual name for that Hold? My other is a Kilian- Hold. Which I would eventually love to learn. Anyone else?

purple skates

Shadow Dancing
My coach calls the hold with just the hands “side by side”. I’ve also heard it called “hand in hand”.

My partner and I spent a lot of time today working on the Foxtrot hold. It is very uncomfortable, especially when skating straight down the rink. I felt like it was really hard to get any power or speed from a standstill, and it’s really awkward moving the upper body.

We will be competing two compulsory dances that use the hold, so our coach is trying to get us used to it by having us do exercises. That way when we try to do the actual dance, we will be able to work together better.

I would say my favorite hold is the waltz.

gkelly

I'm not really doing any holds in my ice dance lessons now. I'm working on dances that are still a challenge for me. My coach skates along next to me and holds my hand to give a little support for the difficult steps. I think we won't do the dance in the correct holds until I get more confident with these steps. He's probably afraid I will fall and hurt him.

Clarice

Ah, Foxtrot hold! That is probably my least favorite, because it is so uncomfortable.

I have a student who is working on the Cha Cha, and I often use hand-in-hand hold instead of Kilian with him so I can watch his feet and make sure he's doing the steps correctly. He needs a little bit of support on the end pattern, so I can't just ask him to solo it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information