Health Protocols updated for Nashville Nationals

Sylvia

Rooting for underdogs!
Cross-posting here from the Nashville Nationals thread in GSD (discussion underway there): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/2022-nationals-in-nashville.107999/page-24#post-6142598

"U.S. Figure Skating announced today [Dec. 27, 2021] it has reintroduced its COVID-19 vaccination and testing protocols for all persons attending the 2022 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships" - link to press release: https://tinyurl.com/5ssh6pn5

U.S. Figure Skating announced today it has reintroduced its *********-19 vaccination and testing protocols for all persons attending the 2022 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships, scheduled for Jan. 3-9 at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee.

All event attendees over the age of 5 will be required to show proof of vaccination, or a negative PCR or NAAT *********-19 test taken within three days prior to entering Bridgestone Arena. Additionally, masks will be required for everyone inside Bridgestone Arena. Bridgestone Arena will use the CLEAR app as it has for the NHL Nashville Predators games and other events held at the facility earlier this year. There will be no on-site testing available for spectators at Bridgestone Arena. More information for spectators is available here.

After closely monitoring national *********-19 transmission data with specific attention to Davidson County (Nashville, Tennessee) over the past 30 days and in consultation with local organizers and health officials, U.S. Figure Skating is returning to its pre-Nov. 13 protocols to create the safest possible environment for athletes, coaches, spectators and volunteers.

U.S. Figure Skating also has reduced athlete interactions by canceling autograph sessions, reorganizing in-person functions and implementing other precautions to help mitigate risk for athletes, including restricting access to the secondary practice rink, located in Bellevue, to accredited individuals only.

The competition’s *********-19 protocols for those accredited to access Bridgestone Arena’s event level have also been updated. As previously shared, all accredited individuals will be required to provide a negative *********-19 PCR or NAAT test regardless of vaccination status to receive accreditation. Additionally, all credentialed individuals participating in the event for more than four days will be required to take a second, on-site test at the expense of U.S. Figure Skating.

From: https://www.usfigureskating.org/event/2022-toyota-us-figure-skating-championships

Clear App​

Spectators are required to upload proof of vaccination, or a negative ********* test (PCR or NAAT), using the Clear app prior to being granted entry into Bridgestone Arena for the 2022 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships. See Clear app instructions here.

ETA:
CLEAR says it holds on to the data gathered from people who use their free app to get into events. The company hopes those people will stay on as customers, and buy its other identity-verification services. But it also says users can ask the company to delete their data, and it also promises not to sell or rent the data to other entities, though it reserves the right to share data with "service providers."
From this article:

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things

Sylvia

Rooting for underdogs!
From the GSD thread:
Talked with Clear customer service and they said all that would be needed after initial set up would be to log back into healthpass, take another selfie and your good to go. I asked why the selfie every time the pass expires and she said it was verification that you are the correct user of the pass.

Carolla5501

I went to the App Store to find the Clear app but there were several of them. The QR code in the USFS document gets you to the correct one and has Bridgestone Arena pre-selected:

I did mine and it said it expired 12 hours later?! :huh:

I hope we don't have to do this every morning as putting in my vaccination card was a pita.

I used this for an event in August. My vaccination information was in their database from that event. I didn't have to reload my card to test it for this event. All you will have to do is "check in" again.

zigzig

My friend isn't able to use Clear because he has an international vaccine certificate that isn't accepted by the app. I've tried contacting Bridgestone and USFSA about how to handle this and neither has gotten back to me. Has anyone contact them and gotten an answer about how international vaccine recipients will be handled? Thanks!

Edited to add that I heard back and they also accept physical vaccination proof in case anyone is wondering.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information