Has anybody won every level at US Nationals?

pairskatingfan

With the qualifying season having just kicked off, it had me thinking. Has anybody ever won every level from juvenile to senior at us nationals? I started by looking at some obvious ones:

Jason won juvenile, junior, and senior, but not intermediate or novice
Nathan Chen won Novice twice, junior twice and senior, but not intermediate or juvenile.
Vincent Z. won int, novice, and junior, may win senior in his future, but did not win juv.
Josh Farris won juvenile, int, novice, and could win senior in the future, but did not win junior, by a hair.. Seems like he was the closest, as he lost Nationals because of an invalidated combination at senior and narrowly lost junior to Brown.

Meryl and Charlie won Int, junior and senior, but not juvenile or Novice.

So, has anybody ever won each level? Or is that person still to come?

pairskatingfan

Evan Lysacek. :)

I believe USFS only started having nat'l champs in Juv and Int in the early 90s. Skaters of earlier eras (Boitano, Hamilton, Yamaguchi) competed in Sectional champs at those levels, but not Nats.
I looked up evan on Wikipedia. Couldn’t find any record of his competing nationally at the juv/ intermediate level. Do you have proof of his juvenile and intermediate championships?

Vagabond

I looked up evan on Wikipedia. Couldn’t find any record of his competing nationally at the juv/ intermediate level. Do you have proof of his juvenile and intermediate championships?

:confused:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evan_Lysacek

In 1996, Lysacek won the U.S. national title at the Juvenile level – the lowest qualifying level in the U.S. Figure Skating competition structure. In 1997, he moved up to Intermediate and won the pewter medal (fourth place) at the Junior Olympics, after winning both his regional and his sectional qualifying competitions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Junior_Figure_Skating_Championships

The U.S. Junior Figure Skating Championships were a national figure skating competition for American skaters on the intermediate and juvenile levels. After failing to qualify for Nationals on the novice level in 1998, Lysacek won the U.S. Novice title at the 1999 U.S. Championships at the age of thirteen. The first such event, originally called Junior Olympics, was held in the mid 1990s.

In other words, he did win at the Juvenile, Novice, Junior, and Senior levels but not at the Intermediate level. :COP:

Last edited:

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
I don't know of any that have done it yet. It could happen for:

-Hiwatashi, who has won all but senior men's titles.
-She-Parsons, who has won all but senior ice dance titles.
-Green/Green, who have juv-nov ice dance titles and are the odds-on favorite to win a jr title after Carreria/Ponomarenko move up.

pairskatingfan

I don't know of any that have done it yet. It could happen for:

-Hiwatashi, who has won all but senior men's titles.
-She-Parsons, who has won all but senior ice dance titles.
-Green/Green, who have juv-nov ice dance titles and are the odds-on favorite to win a jr title after Carreria/Ponomarenko move up.
Great finds. Didn’t think of any of these. Perhaps Rachel Parsons will be the first to do it

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information