George Santos

ballettmaus

McCarthy put Santos on the Small Business Committee. I get that it's not considered a major committee, still, after McCarthy said Santos shouldn't be on a top committee and the GOP is always claiming to care about small businesses, Democrat PACs should do ads showing how important they think small businesses are.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Is this negative press actually helping Santos politically? Afterall McCarthy is not going to kick him out. I don't hear any republicans (other than the two from NY) speaking up against him.

tony

The older, the crankier
The drag queen thing should 100% destroy him seeing how the vocal group of Republicans he seems to side with are so full-force into shutting down drag shows and the supposed grooming/brainwashing they are doing.

But I'm sure if we will get any comment at all, it will be how he reformed himself out of the drag culture and everyone else can do it too. Or Republicans will just excuse him/brush it under the rug while cheering on others to bring their guns to protest other drag shows around the US because 'rights'.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Is this negative press actually helping Santos politically? Afterall McCarthy is not going to kick him out. I don't hear any republicans (other than the two from NY) speaking up against him.
Of course they won't say anything. The GOP as they currently are are probably the most morally bankrupt political party anyone has ever seen. Accepting lies is compulsory for being part of it. Afterall they still excuse Trump for Jan 6, even though most of them know what he did was inexcusable.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
I don't think he will be officially dumped by the Republican Party, but some financial malfeasance will be proven and that will be enough to get him kicked out of congress. That's my prediction, anyway. :lol: Interestingly enough, he is denying the drag queen allegation, but then, doesn't he pretty much deny that he has lied and has admitted to only simply embellishing? ;)

once_upon

Enough
I don't think he will be officially dumped by the Republican Party, but some financial malfeasance will be proven and that will be enough to get him kicked out of congress. That's my prediction, anyway. :lol: Interestingly enough, he is denying the drag queen allegation, but then, doesn't he pretty much deny that he has lied and has admitted to only simply embellishing? ;)
You are more optimistic than me. Finance malfeasance is not an issue for them

Vagabond

Vagabond

His entire life story is a false narrative or rather a collection of false narratives.

One thing that strikes me about all of the media investigations is that they don't seem to have found anyone who knew him before he went to Brazil, such as classmates, friends, neighbors, or teachers. Why is that, exactly?

SkateSand

Cat Servant
His entire life story is a false narrative or rather a collection of false narratives.

One thing that strikes me about all of the media investigations is that they don't seem to have found anyone who knew him before he went to Brazil, such as classmates, friends, neighbors, or teachers. Why is that, exactly?
Maybe they don't have his real name yet or at least whatever name he used before he went to Brazil.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
You are more optimistic than me. Finance malfeasance is not an issue for them
The Republicans won't care, but maybe the agencies investigating him and prosecuting him will have the power to remove him. I'm not sure if you can be a representative while in jail, but we will see!

Amy L

She He denies competing as a drag queen, not  being a drag queen. 🤔

He also denies being or performing as a drag queen:

But I'm sure if we will get any comment at all, it will be how he reformed himself out of the drag culture and everyone else can do it too. Or Republicans will just excuse him/brush it under the rug while cheering on others to bring their guns to protest other drag shows around the US because 'rights'.

This was what I was expecting from him, since that's one of his usual tactics. The outright denial, even with photographic evidence, is a choice. But this dude also denies going by multiple aliases even when there's video of him calling himself another name. He has a very busy evil twin out there, apparently!

caseyedwards

The parties in america aren’t powerful enough to officially dump anyone. Ryan and McConnell both tried to order trump to drop out of the race in 2016

Of course it’s probable the nrcc won’t support santos in 2024 but unless Jack martins runs they won’t support anyone against santos either

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information