George Santos

Vagabond

George Santos is fodder for a thread of his own.

Gifted article:

Brazilian law enforcement authorities intend to revive fraud charges against Mr. Santos, and will seek his formal response, prosecutors told The New York Times on Monday.

The matter, which stemmed from an incident in 2008 regarding a stolen checkbook, had been suspended for the better part of a decade. because the police were unable to locate him.

:watch:

The link will be valid for two weeks.

caseyedwards

Was he really born in queens. Is that true if not How did someone with a criminal case become an American? Why wasn’t he deported. Wouldn’t it be best if he lost his American citizenship and was deported?

Last edited:

ballettmaus

How did someone with a criminal case become an American? Why wasn’t he deported. Wouldn’t it be best if he lost his American citizenship and was deported?
I don't think we know for sure where he was born (I read Queens but that information is from Santos' campaign website) or, if he was born outside the US, when he became a citizen.

Amy L

His name is one of the only things actually verified (not counting the 5+ aliases he's used for his "businesses" and "charities") and his mother's name has been verified as well. His official campaign bio says he was born in Queens but he has also called himself a Brazilian immigrant. His father was thought to be Brazilian as well, but he's also claimed that his father was African-American. This is the kind of statement I'm expecting next: https://media.giphy.com/media/PWGfXV4emAzXG/giphy.gif

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
We need to see either his birth certificate or his naturalisation papers. And they have to be authenticated as we cannot trust a single thing this fraud says.

ballettmaus

^I'm not entirely sure if you're serious or if it's tongue-in-cheek but if it's the former, I'd be content if someone reliable verified either record. Since Republicans will not investigate, that leaves the media or US investigators. But I just read that members of Congress need to have been a citizen for at least 7 years before they can serve, so I think someone definitely needs to check.

D

Deleted member 221

As long as he’s not lying about planning to vote against the liberal Biden agenda :D

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I googled "pathological liar" yesterday afternoon and it said that pathological liars often lie to make themselves either the hero or the victim.
They do it for sport too.

I don't know what you've read about 9/11 but as far as I know he said two different things. One time (I believe in his official bio) he said that she was working in the South Tower that day and in 2021, he tweeted that 9/11 "claimed" his mother's life (only to tweet five months later that she died five years before...) https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...about-mothers-death-9-11-come-under-scrutiny/
I further read that there are no records of his mother working in the South Tower. 🤷‍♀️
It's very possible she was there and got cancer later from being exposed to the dust and other pollutants as has happened to many other people. As for records of who worked there, I once interviewed with a small company in one of the towers and also worked with a company that provided web content for us on the day of. There were hundreds of companies between the two towers and all the paper records located in the towers are gone as are many of the computers. The company that provided bond data for our website had their servers in the tower and after they fell, the pages just weren't there anymore (and never came back).

What I'm trying to say is: what exactly does it mean that there is no record of his mom working there? Did some agency contact every tenent in the towers and make a list of all their employees? What about the contractors such as the janitors? Or the people working at the various food providers (like the coffee cart in the lobby)? It doesn't seem out of the range of possibility that there is no complete record of everyone who was in the towers that day.

Then again, he's a pathological liar so it definitely could have all been made up.

Amy L

What I'm trying to say is: what exactly does it mean that there is no record of his mom working there? Did some agency contact every tenent in the towers and make a list of all their employees? What about the contractors such as the janitors? Or the people working at the various food providers (like the coffee cart in the lobby)? It doesn't seem out of the range of possibility that there is no complete record of everyone who was in the towers that day.
Santos claimed that his mother worked her way up to an executive in the finance world. She definitely did not do that, so that part is out. Her old neighbors described her as working various jobs like home care nurse, house cleaner, and cook. She could have been on the maintenance or cafeteria staff in the South Tower, but from the descriptions of her, it seemed like she usually worked with people in their homes.

It's not out of the realm of possibility, but another trick of pathological liars is to make claims that are difficult to prove.

Prancer

Aun Aprendo
Staff member
While all of that might be true, there would be company, employment and tax records that could be checked, not to mention the fact that city, state and federal agencies should have lists of everyone who was in or believed to be in the towers that day in order to confirm who survived and who did not.

BittyBug

Disgusted
And NGOs. Red Cross went out of their way to track down anyone and everyone who either was in the Towers and got out, or was an immediate relative of someone who did not make it out. There were articles about it at the time.

sk9tingfan

And now this. I have no words for this disgusting excuse for a human being.

El Rey

If Santos' mom was in any of the towers, he or she would surely have collected from the 9/11 fund, and there would be a record of it.

I thought I had read or heard that he said his mother didn’t collect from the funds because she had no monetary need for it, and wanted to let people who had a real need collect it instead. Anyone else read that? I can’t find anything to back this up right now.

barbk

A commenter in today's Washington Post Story on Santos left this in the comments:

The Tale of George Santos

My name is Santos,
And I’m a Jew,
A financial wizard,
And a Catholic, too.
I’m all that,
And so much more,
A gay, a straight,
Who’s keeping score?

It’s not all lies,
I like to embellish,
Like topping a wiener,
With pickle relish.
You know who likes me?
Kevin McCarthy!
(He even makes me a little barfy.)
I’ll take my seat,
I may as well,
The GOP has gone to hell.

---commenter PFNChicago

Rob

Beach Bum
It is really astonishing; he has lied about practically every aspect of his life and got elected to Congress. American Dream is alive!

Amy L

I don't think Brazil would actually spend the time and money to extradite someone over $800. However, if they've reopened the case, they may investigate if there were other instances of theft. He admitted to stealing the checkbook back in 2008, and an ex-boyfriend accused him of stealing his phone. People don't steal twice and give up forever after that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information