Gavin Newsom

skatingguy

Golden Team
I don’t believe you are at all? What’s your problem?
That you post non-sequiturs, or complete nonsense. I can't tell if it's an act, or if you really have a head injury that would cause some to have difficulty writing complete sentences.

caseyedwards

That you post non-sequiturs, or complete nonsense. I can't tell if it's an act, or if you really have a head injury that would cause some to have difficulty writing complete sentences.
I see. You weren’t paying attention to the recall race yesterday so out of your ignorance you are accusing me of having brian damage. Because you aren’t following the race and are not really educated about it

skatingguy

Golden Team
I see. You weren’t paying attention to the recall race yesterday so out of your ignorance you are accusing me of having brian damage. Because you aren’t following the race and are not really educated about it
My issue, and my concern, is that sometimes you post in coherent sentences, and sometimes your posts don't make any sense grammatically which to me indicates signs of concussion because it seems like you're sometimes having difficulty with the symptoms but not always. I didn't understand this post below because the sentence structure doesn't make any sense.
No doubt about it democrats are in extreme total panic and doing all their regular panic things. The Republican is evil racist and sexist like Romney McCain Bush. They have their cnn kfile stories and all the columnists being “evil Racist and sexist!”

caseyedwards

My issue, and my concern, is that sometimes you post in coherent sentences, and sometimes your posts don't make any sense grammatically which to me indicates signs of concussion because it seems like you're sometimes having difficulty with the symptoms but not always. I didn't understand this post below because the sentence structure doesn't make any sense.
So it’s about being a grammar nazi

Vagabond

One-and-a-half Million Votes
According to data-crunching firm Political Data, Inc., 7% of the ballots mailed out have already been returned; for a total a bit north of 1.5 million votes. They haven't been opened, of course, but the breakdown by registration is 884,638 ballots (57%) sent in by Democrats; 340,378 (22%) sent in by independents, and 332,097 (21%) sent in by Republicans.

Polling suggests that about 80% of Democrats, about 45% of independents, and about 10% of Republicans will vote to keep Newsom. If that's correct, he's got 894,000 votes to retain right now, or about 57%. That tracks almost exactly with his approval rating, so it's certainly a plausible estimate.... If the estimates above are correct, Newsom would have a roughly 230,000-vote lead right now.
The possibility that Republican voters will generally cast their ballots at polling places on Election Day is addressed elsewhere in the piece.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
I know all my red county residents who are planning to try and recall Newsom won't vote until election day because mail in voting is rigged, dontcha know. :rolleyes: I feel like asking them why do they bother voting at all since it's clearly rigged. I'm guessing the answer will be remarkably like Trump's - if the recall is successful, then the voting was fair. If the recall is unsuccessful, then the voting was rigged. :rolleyes:

Vagabond

I relayed their query to more than a dozen top Democratic strategists and operatives in California....

“If someone put a gun to my head I would tell them to vote for Faulconer,” said one strategist. “The rest of that ballot is a complete joke and wouldn’t get elected to the city council of Pawnee, Indiana.”

“Probably Faulconer,” said another. “Because he won’t burn the house down.”

“We absolutely don’t want him as governor,” said a third, “but he’s not insane.”

Vote for Falconer. He's not insane! :cheer:

:blah:

Too late. I already wrote in someone else.

michalle

Given that there is a chance that the recall will go through, it would be extremely wise for any kind of responsible news outlet to make a suggestion for a person to vote for who won't burn the state down. Glad to see them finally recognizing that.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I know all my red county residents who are planning to try and recall Newsom won't vote until election day because mail in voting is rigged, dontcha know. :rolleyes: I feel like asking them why do they bother voting at all since it's clearly rigged. I'm guessing the answer will be remarkably like Trump's - if the recall is successful, then the voting was fair. If the recall is unsuccessful, then the voting was rigged. :rolleyes:
WOW! Cynical view of things. Newsome has governed during the downfall of my state. Hopeful CA residents will recognize that our elected officials (Pelosi, Newsome, et al...how did we get so lucky)ze have left the welfare of our residents and their children have not been well served by these bozos. Although they have made fortunes while in office.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Apparently the ballots returned so far favor Newsom. GOP counting on a huge in-day voting turnout.
There's a new survey that shows him retaining the Governorship by a comfortable margin.

I was suspicious of the last poll anyway. It seemed designed to minimize Dem votes. OTOH, it looks like it got some people off their duff to actually vote. So that's good.

Vagabond

There's a new survey that shows him retaining the Governorship by a comfortable margin.

I was suspicious of the last poll anyway. It seemed designed to minimize Dem votes. OTOH, it looks like it got some people off their duff to actually vote. So that's good.
I think that may have been a problem with the modeling for the earliest polls. Enthusiasm on an issue isn't necessarily equivalent to likelihood of voting, and California has had only one previous statewide election (last November) where all voters got a ballot in the mail. Also, a) of the disinformation about the integrity of the elections system is more likely to dissuade Yes voters than No voters.

love skating

Clueless American
Now I worry these latest polls will make late Democratic voters complacent and forget to mail in their ballot, or go in to vote, etc. You know the Republican faithful love to vote in person on election day! I sent in my vote and my mom's last week by mail and checked the Where's My Ballot site and both have been received - easy peasy! Two "No" votes!

Vagabond

You know the Republican faithful love to vote in person on election day!
It remains to be seen whether that still holds true. They have been told by people that they consider trustworthy that the system is rigged and that their vote doesn't count.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
The local Republicans I see commenting on news articles in my Facebook feed all plan to vote in person. They believe voting is rigged, but only voting by mail. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information