Gailhauget expands on his vision for ISU

Visaliakid

Didier Gailhaguet expands on his vision for taking the ISU in a new direction. He concludes that that it is definitely Figure Skating that sustains the ISU, its other disciplines and of course its development plan. After 36 years of rule from the Speed Skating side of the Governing Body, isn't it time for a change?

An Open Letter To ISU Members

Last edited:

ninjapirate

D) Reviving former regional-international competitions such as the Balkan Games, Nordic Games, East Asian Games, etc., or contributing to launch new ones South American Games to motivate our members.

I'm glad to hear this... I am getting ready to write a huge post on things I'd like to changed about figure skating and this is one of them. The idea that every event must be an "open" and there's nothing particular about the events is something that bugs me about figure skating.

C

casken

WTF is he even rambling about in the paragraphs leading up to the proposals?

At first I thought I was reading a poor Google translation of his letter, but no, that's how he wrote it.

But the 4 proposals, especially reviving competitions and increasing money/support to smaller feds, do sound good, so...

clairecloutier

Wow, what utter crap this proposal is. It amounts to: "Vote for me, small federations, and you shall receive development money!"

I don't think more competitions is the answer to the sport's problems. Hell, in many cases, the ISU can barely attract host cities and/or audiences to the competitions that already exist (4CCs, senior Bs)--now DG wants to add MORE competitions, to be attended by about 30 people each? :duh:

There is no plan in here to address any larger issues the sport is facing. DG is just trying to buy this election IMO with advance promises of money to the small federations. I suppose most of the candidates will probably do that to some extent or other; DG is just being quite public and upfront with it. To me, it's not policymaking, it's pandering.

Visaliakid

Wow, what utter crap this proposal is. It amounts to: "Vote for me, small federations, and you shall receive development money!"

I don't think more competitions is the answer to the sport's problems. Hell, in many cases, the ISU can barely attract host cities and/or audiences to the competitions that already exist (4CCs, senior Bs)--now DG wants to add MORE competitions, to be attended by about 30 people each? :duh:

There is no plan in here to address any larger issues the sport is facing. DG is just trying to buy this election IMO with advance promises of money to the small federations. I suppose most of the candidates will probably do that to some extent or other; DG is just being quite public and upfront with it. To me, it's not policymaking, it's pandering.

Spot on, Claire!

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Is that so?

You should be paying Aljona in diamonds. :bloc: :drama: (and thank you for freeing Bruno and Tiffany, kind sir)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information