Fun Pandemic Hobbies

MacMadame

Doing all the things
A lot of us took up a new hobby during the pandemic. This man made a plane in his backyard!

I can't say I did anything that cool but I did get involved in local politics. And doing online jigsaw puzzles.

What did you do?

myhoneyhoney

I learned to roller skate! It’s easier than ice skating but also more scary. Stupid wheels get in the way and I still don’t really know how to stop when going forward 🤣 I also took up knitting and sewing again. I was thinking of learning the cello, I just need to find a decent not too expensive one.

Tesla

Whippet Good
Got back into sewing, then quilting, then bag making, and got big back into crochet, now I'm learning how to drafty my own bag patterns. Still doing all those things. They really are good for my mental health. If I didn't have crochet, I'd be twitching all the time and my mind would be on fire.

I started baking and cooking :). Made some sourdough starter months after it was a thing and mostly bake my own bread and bake muffins and cookies too. I never really enjoyed cooking much before but now I mostly do. I get bored easily so I’m constantly trying new recipes and experimenting. I don’t think I’m a great cook or baker but i have fun and I like learning about food. I think I just needed some time and motivation.

I did do some puzzles too which I had never really done as an adult. I do enjoy them but I tend to ignore my family and neglect any household obligations until they’re done so I have to make sure I can do that before I start one.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I’m the world’s least talented sewer but am trying to learn embroidery. So far 3 Christmas ornaments completed 😂

I’ve also been colouring which is more at my level. It’s great when watching to or travelling by plane.
I can't even color! I can't stay within the lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information