FSU Dinner(s) - Let's get together!

Thread starter #1

alilou

Crazy Stalker Lady
Ratings
Probably the best times would be for dinner after competition Friday and Saturday.

Friday competition finishes at 7.30
Saturday it finishes at 7, but some may want to watch the medal ceremonies so it would be much the same time as Friday.

I suggest we go to Mahony and Sons Irish Pub meeting there at 8. It's a 10 minute walk from the arena straight down Westbrook Mall past the parkade.

If we go to Mahoney's no one has transportation problems.

@kalamalka I'll check if it's accessible.

They take reservations.

Menu: http://mahonyandsons.com/menu#ubc

Open to other suggestions of course, but this seems to me the simplest way given UBC is so effing far from everywhere.

Also I, (and probably several others) will have vehicles and may be able to give rides to those who need them after we've stuffed our faces and gabbed our heads off. But it's also close to Westbrook Mall where the bus runs.

Say if you're going to join us so I have an idea how many to book for.

Please come. I know there's some FSUers I've not met but would love to who are coming to Canadians!

Japanfan

Ratings
Just realized that in your original post it's not perfectly clear whether you are planning for Friday or Saturday. From what others have posted, I gather either Friday or both days?

Thread starter #9

alilou

Crazy Stalker Lady
Ratings
Both days if people are interested.

So I guess people should say if they're coming to one or both. I know @victoriajh said she could only come Saturday.

Thread starter #10

alilou

Crazy Stalker Lady
Ratings
I have made a booking for Friday night at 8 for 10 people at Mahony and Sons Irish Pub
http://mahonyandsons.com
Booking for 10 is a guess and I told them that I'd keep them up to date with numbers as people express interest here.
@kalamalka the pub, and the table will be accessible. Will you be ok to get Rosaleen from the arena to the pub? It's a 10 minute walk.

So far we have:
@Japanfan and Mr Japanfan
@manhn
@The Accordion
@kalamalka and Rosaleen
and me :)

Are you coming?: @PeterG, @kwanfan1818, @cygnus, @jl22aries, @victorskid, @made_in_canada, @Snowflake3939, @overedge, anyone else?

Please rsvp here asap so i can let the pub know the number.

Cross posting this in the open nationals thread.

Last edited:

Jojo

Ratings
Hi FSU friends! I've been away from FSU for a while, but I can't resist the chance to finally see some live skating, and seeing old friends. So I'm on for dinner on Friday, and perhaps Saturday as well.

I've got a seat in section 113, and should be attending Thursday to Saturday.

So looking forward to seeing many of you.

overedge

crying in a bathroom in Milano
Ratings
Both Friday and Saturday are up in the air for me right now because of my friend's illness. But if I can come to either I will let @alilou know ASAP - hopefully it won't be too much bother to add an extra chair.

Thread starter #13

alilou

Crazy Stalker Lady
Ratings
Hope to see you there @overedge. And I'm sure a last minute addition will be fine. Sorry to hear of your friend - may s/he have a speedy recovery.

Thread starter #17

alilou

Crazy Stalker Lady
Ratings
Alas work is getting in the way of my social life these days ... it’s been a crazy few week
Does this mean you can't come Saturday either? :(

Update:

FSU meet up

I have made a booking for Friday night at 8 for 10 people at Mahony and Sons Irish Pub
http://mahonyandsons.com
Booking for 10 is a guess and I told them that I'd keep them up to date with numbers as people express interest here.

So far we have:
@Japanfan and Mr Japanfan
@manhn
@The Accordion
@kalamalka and Rosaleen
@PeterG, @lurvylurker and Mr lurvylurker
and me :)

Are you coming?: @kwanfan1818, @jl22aries, @Snowflake3939 (and your friend), anyone else?

Please rsvp here asap so I can let the pub know how many. Thanks.

I'll make a booking for Saturday night too - at biercraft at 8pm which is also walkable from the arena but in the opposite direction.
http://biercraft.com/wesbrook-at-ubc/

AKAIK all the same people are planning on coming on Saturday too.

victoriajh

trying to ignore rod and find the eurosport feed
Ratings
@alilou i am planning to come (with a friend who I am going with) I need to confirm with her she is ok to attend too =) im driving her home- looking forward to skating!!!

JasperBoy

Aging in a great place
Ratings
Wish I could join you but the tour bus leaves right after the last event. I'm in section 102 row 7 seat 6 for anyone who wants to say Hi.

PeterG

Ratings
I'm going to skip tonights dinner and do the Saturday dinner instead. Traffic within UBC was so awful this morning. It took twenty minutes to drive six blocks. Will have an early night and hopefully an early morning where i can beat the traffic.

Anyone up for lunch Sunday before the gala? There's an area four blocks from the rink that has pretty much all of the inexpensive chains that will be quick as well.

The Accordion

Ratings
Thanks for the lovely visit! My answer is yes for tomorrow because I am STILL waiting for my cab - have been for well over an hour. So tomorrow I might as well hang with y’all while I wait

Thread starter #30

alilou

Crazy Stalker Lady
Ratings
Thanks for the lovely visit! My answer is yes for tomorrow because I am STILL waiting for my cab - have been for well over an hour. So tomorrow I might as well hang with y’all while I wait
OMG You're still waiting for your cab?!!!!! :eek: That's just crazy. Hope it comes soon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)