Entries - 2022 Europeans

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
Is this what the Olympics is going to be like? A revolving door or C19 withdrawals?
Fingers crossed that the data I saw this morning are true. New crud cases seem to be dropping as fast as they ramped up. It might make it easier to avoid getting sick in the next few weeks. TBH, if I had a spot and could produce a negative test, I’d try to get into China directly from Tallinn.

Karen-W

Fingers crossed that the data I saw this morning are true. New crud cases seem to be dropping as fast as they ramped up. It might make it easier to avoid getting sick in the next few weeks. TBH, if I had a spot and could produce a negative test, I’d try to get into China directly from Tallinn.
They have to have 2 negative tests within 8 days of traveling and one of those needs to be no less than 96 hours beforehand, IIRC. But, yeah, I'd be doing my best to get to Beijing as quickly as possible after testing negative and into the bubble.

FiveRinger

They have to have 2 negative tests within 8 days of traveling and one of those needs to be no less than 96 hours beforehand, IIRC. But, yeah, I'd be doing my best to get to Beijing as quickly as possible after testing negative and into the bubble.
That makes sense in theory. But even if skaters get themselves there, quickly, after they know they've made their countries' teams (right now), how feasible is it that there are training facilities available from now until their events, especially pairs, who compete at the end of February? I mean, in China.....

Karen-W

That makes sense in theory. But even if skaters get themselves there, quickly, after they know they've made their countries' teams (right now), how feasible is it that there are training facilities available from now until their events, especially pairs, who compete at the end of February? I mean, in China.....
Well, there is that, but I assume that some of these skaters are going to want to participate in the opening ceremonies and they aren't able to leave the bubble once they're i,n, I don't think. I'm not sure what the Beijing organizers are doing about access to training facilities.

Gris

Gris

FYI, the Playbook (page 22) said this for those fully vaccinated & previously had C19: (emphasis and omission mine)

If you are fully vaccinated and have previously been infected with COVID-19, submit the following to Beijing 2022 ([email protected]) for review, at least eight working days before your planned departure:

If your recovery is within 30 days of your planned departure, negative test results from two COVID-19 (PCR) tests taken with a minimum 24-hour interval at any time after your recovery

– Beijing 2022 will review the submitted documents within five working days and inform you whether you are eligible for travel to China

– If you are eligible for travel, take two COVID-19 (PCR) tests on two separate days within 96 hours of the departure of your flight to China (final leg of the flights, if you are travelling indirectly). See details on page 21

Details on page 21 says:

– One of the two tests must be within 72 hours of departure.

So from my understanding, those who got C19 very recently will have to submit 4 negative test results.

Hope Juulia (and all those who tested positive recently!) can test negative soon since the time is really running out.

Last edited:

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
If any skaters get that thing at euros, that means zero chance of going to Beijing. That's madness.

SLIVER

The world has gone utterly mad, there is zero proof that anyone is infectious after 10 days (and that's a generous window) most estimates are 5-7 days. Submitting multiple negative tests after a bout of covid is stupid. One negative test after 10 days is ample. And no, no one is going to get covid twice in the same month! The O.C of Beijing should be the least worried about those recently infected and recovered, they are probably the safest and least likely to get it or pass it on at the Games. There is no more common sense left in the world.

skatingguy

The world has gone utterly mad, there is zero proof that anyone is infectious after 10 days (and that's a generous window) most estimates are 5-7 days. Submitting multiple negative tests after a bout of ********* is stupid. One negative test after 10 days is ample. And no, no one is going to get ********* twice in the same month! The O.C of Beijing should be the least worried about those recently infected and recovered, they are probably the safest and least likely to get it or pass it on at the Games. There is no more common sense left in the world.
Yes, when searching for common sense let's start with the Chinese government.

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
The world has gone utterly mad, there is zero proof that anyone is infectious after 10 days (and that's a generous window) most estimates are 5-7 days. Submitting multiple negative tests after a bout of ********* is stupid. One negative test after 10 days is ample. And no, no one is going to get ********* twice in the same month! The O.C of Beijing should be the least worried about those recently infected and recovered, they are probably the safest and least likely to get it or pass it on at the Games. There is no more common sense left in the world.
Omicron is changing that unfortunatly.

slicekw

Will Tech Support for good food.
Yeah, it's part of why I can't understand why the Korean or Aussie feds are making their Olympic skaters compete at 4CCs - the timeline is even tighter next week.
It's very BAU as the Aussie fed always seems to want their skaters to prove their worth paying for them to go to Olys and the Koreans are using the Japanese model of both making skaters prove their worth and add to their International points. It's not BAU times, however, and I agree with you that it's madness to increase exposure chances with international travel if you want to field your best at the Olys.

FiveRinger

I'm not sure about not getting it twice in the same month. My co-worker's daughter had it twice in 60 days, once in October and then again in December. O felt so bad for her since her son got it in November. But she never got it.

She and her kids (ages 13-18) are all vaxxed .

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Do skaters usually perform well in the team event? They must feel responsible for team success, not just their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information