DWTS - Tyra Banks Leaving!

Skate Talker

Good news except way too late. They lost me as a viewer and since it was since dropped by Canadian broadcasters I can't see it anyway.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
If they don’t move back to broadcast tv, I’ll never see it again. We have too many streaming subs and I can’t justify adding Disney+ for that one show.

Desperado

I still wish they would’ve gone back to Tom Bergeron.

I’ll see if I can get a good deal for Disney when the season starts. Last year my subscription ended before the finale and I didn’t even miss it. I did enjoy the season though, especially Selma and Sasha.

screech

IMO Tyra was really improved this past season. While I like that they have someone knowledgeable as the new co-host, I'm unsure about Julianne. It may be too many Houghs in the ballroom, plus, as lovely as she is, I'm not sure that her voice is made for hosting.
As Alfonso is confirmed to be staying, I wonder which will be on the ballroom floor, and which will be in the skybox.

annie720

IMO Tyra was really improved this past season. While I like that they have someone knowledgeable as the new co-host, I'm unsure about Julianne. It may be too many Houghs in the ballroom, plus, as lovely as she is, I'm not sure that her voice is made for hosting.
As Alfonso is confirmed to be staying, I wonder which will be on the ballroom floor, and which will be in the skybox.
Agree about Julianne. I can see her as a sidekick but I have doubts that she can carry the hosting gig alone.

I stopped watching when they let Tom go. I have Disney+ but simply no longer have any interest. If they had brought Tom back, I might have considered watching to show support, but nope, I’m done.

vgerdes

I stopped watching because I couldn't stand Tyra. Unsure if I'm going to try again or not. We'll see what the new season brings.

Desperado

Not Tyra news, however Len Goodman passed away on Saturday from bone cancer, at the age of 78.
Wow. He had looked thinner and a bit more frail, but I did not expect this. He must've known when he retired in November and been in a lot of pain. I hope he got to spend a lot of quality time with his family, as he wanted.

He showed a lot of class throughout the show's run and in the end. RIP Len. 😭

Sylvia

TBD
Len Goodman will always be an icon in the world of ballroom dance, and we were lucky to have him as part of our ‘Dancing with the Stars’ family for 31 seasons. He was warm and caring, and always delivered genuine guidance.
We are devastated by the news of his passing and our hearts are with his family during this very difficult time.
ETA: This :( news also was posted in the "In Memoriam" thread.

Last edited:

screech

The move back to ABC is likely due to the writers' strike, meaning there will be a lack of scripted shows on network television. They'll have to fill the time slots. I won't be surprised if they announce they're doing a Tuesday results show this season too, for the same reason.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I read this news this morning & I felt like doing the Snoopy dance. I believe the article said it will be broadcast on CBS (NBC?) so no more paying to watch it.

just tuned in

Have they announced the hosts? Is Juliane supposed to host it by herself? I think I would prefer the host to be a person with patter (like Tom Bergeron) as opposed to a dance expert.

screech

I'm wondering which of the two will be on the floor/sky box. IMO Alfonso would probably be better for the floor (didn't love him in the sky box, and IIRC he filled in for Tom on the floor before), then have Julianne in the skybox to discuss the actual dance-related stuff with them. It would also keep the dance floor from being too much like a 'Hough Show'.

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
This news will be good for my dad and step-mom. They both enjoy the show but they do not want any of the streaming services, so they missed it last season.

BaileyCatts

Its going to be back on ABC??!! :cheer2: :cheer2: I wonder if they did that because of the writers strike and knowing there would be nothing ready for Fall TV Season. eh, who cares! I'm just glad its back on ABC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information